Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander 2018-19 season outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If ESPN can't get this guy a headshot 5 weeks into the season there's no way you're getting another position tag.

It's so easy to spot those who missed out on SGA. 

Look at how he reads the defense. Doesn't rush his shots. Uses his length (7 ft wingspan) and timing to block Middleton and Bledsoe.  This kid doesn't play like a rookie and needs to be rostered in

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, raaaabz said:

What do you think on his performance tonight?

 

First start of the season and he did not do bad. Doubt he got much reps in with the first unit but will continue to improve as the season progresses. This dude is very fantasy friendly in terms of %s and if he adds a consistent 3, he will be valuable. I'd like to see if the starting gig sticks when/if Bradley is healthy again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

Do any of us see him developing a three anytime this year? 

 

love his overall game standpoint and stocks but no 3s hurts :(

 

In college, he shot 40% so let's see if that translate later on in the season. ROS looks very promising and Doc Rivers even said he reminded him of a "young Rondo". 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked him back up again, couldn’t stand the thought of him going off on someone else’s team. Looks like we’re going to have to ride this one out.

 

SGA has a nice stroke but unless he looks to be more assertive on offense, I have a hard time seeing him average a 3 a game (I’d be happy with .8). He still defers a lot on offense and passes up open looks.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet SGA blows up in the next 2-4 games, giving Doc an easier time to leave him in as the start, and letting Bradley run the 2nd unit.  This lineup move makes the most sense for this team balance on both units. This kid is absolutely a starting caliber PG right now.  If you haven't watched him play, you should.  Not many rookies play as composed, and limit mistakes like this.

 

The way he practices, and is easy to coach, he could end up being a 60-75 value player by seasons end if he sticks as the starter with 32mpg.  Hes the unsung prospect from this year's draft.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HulkSmash said:

I bet SGA blows up in the next 2-4 games, giving Doc an easier time to leave him in as the start, and letting Bradley run the 2nd unit.  This lineup move makes the most sense for this team balance on both units. This kid is absolutely a starting caliber PG right now.  If you haven't watched him play, you should.  Not many rookies play as composed, and limit mistakes like this.

 

The way he practices, and is easy to coach, he could end up being a 60-75 value player by seasons end if he sticks as the starter with 32mpg.  Hes the unsung prospect from this year's draft.

 

 

oh he's been sung plenty. even as a ceiling i don't think top 75 is realistic for a rookie with terrible per 36s but he's a reasonable stash 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lac got too many guards, SGA is a drop for me in my 15t roto league

 

Cant wait around too long while there are much better ROS pickups on the wire

 

Dont get me wrong, i like the kid. He definitely has potential....just dont see him being able to actualize it till next season or two

 

Gotta wake up from the dream sometime and face reality

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Lac got too many guards, SGA is a drop for me in my 15t roto league

 

Cant wait around too long while there are much better ROS pickups on the wire

 

Dont get me wrong, i like the kid. He definitely has potential....just dont see him being able to actualize it till next season or two

 

Gotta wake up from the dream sometime and face reality

 

 

Thats what I am contemplating now...SGA has potential but is it realized in a few weeks/months/after AS..or next year?

 

I have got guys like Van Fleet, DWright, heck even DWhite sitting on the waivers in one league...hard decisions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boogerloo said:

 

 

Thats what I am contemplating now...SGA has potential but is it realized in a few weeks/months/after AS..or next year?

 

I have got guys like Van Fleet, DWright, heck even DWhite sitting on the waivers in one league...hard decisions.

 

Id pick up dwhite lol

 

SGA's role on the clippers is clear to me, just a ball handler who plays d and picks up the popcorn stats....kinda like a....Frank Litikina. Theres just too many weapons on LAC, Harris, Lou Will, Gallo, even Boban...where does that leave SGA? at best a 4th option.

 

Its great that all these analysts and whatnot see the potential in SGA but fantasy is a numbers game and if Im not getting those numbers IDGAF how much of an expert analyst u are, i gotta move on otherwise im gonna lose

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 2:15 PM, fantasm said:

 

Id pick up dwhite lol

 

SGA's role on the clippers is clear to me, just a ball handler who plays d and picks up the popcorn stats....kinda like a....Frank Litikina. Theres just too many weapons on LAC, Harris, Lou Will, Gallo, even Boban...where does that leave SGA? at best a 4th option.

 

Its great that all these analysts and whatnot see the potential in SGA but fantasy is a numbers game and if Im not getting those numbers IDGAF how much of an expert analyst u are, i gotta move on otherwise im gonna lose

 

It all depends on league settings and roster size. He’s probably my worst or 2nd worst player on a 15 man 12 team league, so he’s worth holding on to. And it’s been announced he’s keeping the gig when Bradley comes back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm so you know all the comments about SGA increasing fantasy value by being more involved on offense...?

 

Currently Clip's leading scorer, 2/2 on treys, at the half ?I imagine Doc is nudging him a bit more now that he's starting

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

 

It all depends on league settings and roster size. He’s probably my worst or 2nd worst player on a 15 man 12 team league, so he’s worth holding on to. And it’s been announced he’s keeping the gig when Bradley comes back. 

 

where did it say SGA is keeping the starting gig? Id be thrilled if that were true!

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

 

It all depends on league settings and roster size. He’s probably my worst or 2nd worst player on a 15 man 12 team league, so he’s worth holding on to. And it’s been announced he’s keeping the gig when Bradley comes back. 


Ooouu~ Source? Please and thank you :3

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Debating SGA or White is better ROS

 

Tough call at the moment. Both are suppose to start ROS. White has a super fantasy friendly game and can contribute in all categories. Shai is a little more raw, so lower floor but higher ceiling as well. I own both but if chose one it be Shai!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 8:15 PM, fantasm said:

 

Id pick up dwhite lol

 

SGA's role on the clippers is clear to me, just a ball handler who plays d and picks up the popcorn stats....kinda like a....Frank Litikina. Theres just too many weapons on LAC, Harris, Lou Will, Gallo, even Boban...where does that leave SGA? at best a 4th option.

 

Its great that all these analysts and whatnot see the potential in SGA but fantasy is a numbers game and if Im not getting those numbers IDGAF how much of an expert analyst u are, i gotta move on otherwise im gonna lose

 

Not sure what to make of this comment. There are literally only 4 guys that can score the ball consistently on this team, Gallo, Tobias, Harrell and Lou. That's not many weapons and two of them come of the bench. if he ends up being the 4th option then that's great. Fantasy is a numbers game and there is not only one category, it's like the only thing you care about is the points category.

 

Now of course Shai is not a game changer for fantasy, but a solid end of bench guy that doesn't hurt you anywhere really and now has great upside as well due to the starting status from now on. I don't think anybody ever expected to win his league thanks to Shai.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy took all of a half season at 18 yo to go from least heralded recruit of his class, sixth man at Kentucky, to the guy they ran their offense through because, wait for it, composure on the ball. His career arc so far -- repeatedly exceeding expectations to contribute, right away, at the highest level -- reminds me of Gilbert Arenas. Only he plays within himself and has a better BBIQ. I have him everywhere at no cost whatsoever, with full expectation that he is just getting started. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...