Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gary Harris 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Raiiny said:

Stls are not as sustainable as other stats, that's just how it is. Many players had a sudden dropoff in steals from one season to another even by playing the same amount of minutes. Conley for example was a 2spg player then dropped to around 1-1.3 for example. Also Harris only had 1 year of having above 1.5 stls which was last year, his highest before that was 1.3. He isn't Kawhi with 5+ seasons of getting 1.5-2stls a game. 

 

Sorry but this is simply not true.  Harris' ability to steal the ball is not a fluke.

 

His per-36 in steals has been consistently excellent over the past 3 seasons:

 

2014-15:  1.4

2016-17:  1.4 

2017-18:  1.9

 

Edited by El_Chingon
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NICE...GAM

He's earned himself the Anthony Davis treatment:   Probable = Questionable Questionable = Out Doubtful = Out 2-4 Weeks Out 2-4 Weeks = Out 2-4 Months  

Better than Barton 8-10 weeks = indefinitely 2 weeks = indefinitely next week= indefinitely soon= indefinitely 2 weeks after the initial soon = indefinitely

Posted Images

Too much drama....

His ADP is 73 (highest on yahoo at 46, lowest on espn at 90)   https://www.fantasypros.com/nba/adp/overall.php

At the moment he is ranked 89th in standard H2H, 9-cat leagues

If you drafted him higher than 50, what were you expecting from him this year?

 

My only complaint this season are injuries, if you don't play you cannot contribute

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 1:43 AM, El_Chingon said:

 

Sorry but this is simply not true.  Harris' ability to steal the ball is not a fluke.

 

His per-36 in steals has been consistently excellent over the past 3 seasons:

 

2014-15:  1.4

2016-17:  1.4 

2017-18:  1.9

 

 

A 0.5 drop or jump in steals is huge, you do realize that.  Oladipo's value was buoyed by and insane 2.4 steals last year (along with good FG and higher blocks, etc).  His steal rate was always good, not flukey, but last year was a major outlier, just like Harris.  Neither will likely see that level of steals again in their career (maybe they do, but I don't think so). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

 

A 0.5 drop or jump in steals is huge, you do realize that.  Oladipo's value was buoyed by and insane 2.4 steals last year (along with good FG and higher blocks, etc).  His steal rate was always good, not flukey, but last year was a major outlier, just like Harris.  Neither will likely see that level of steals again in their career (maybe they do, but I don't think so). 

 

Idk if he can have a season average of 1.5 stls for the year but I think he can sustain 1.5 stls ROS.... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

 

Idk if he can have a season average of 1.5 stls for the year but I think he can sustain 1.5 stls ROS.... 

 

Assuming he plays in every game remaining (unlikely) he needs to average 1.8-1.9 steals to hit 1.5 steals for the season. Unfortunate but seems like he's more of a 1.0-1.5 stl guy this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, backyardballer said:

 

Assuming he plays in every game remaining (unlikely) he needs to average 1.8-1.9 steals to hit 1.5 steals for the season. Unfortunate but seems like he's more of a 1.0-1.5 stl guy this year.

 

He's a 1.0-1.5 steals guy every year other than last years 1.8.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's earned himself the Anthony Davis treatment:

 

Probable = Questionable

Questionable = Out

Doubtful = Out 2-4 Weeks

Out 2-4 Weeks = Out 2-4 Months

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CFN said:

He's earned himself the Anthony Davis treatment:

 

Probable = Questionable

Questionable = Out

Doubtful = Out 2-4 Weeks

Out 2-4 Weeks = Out 2-4 Months

 

Better than Barton

8-10 weeks = indefinitely

2 weeks = indefinitely

next week= indefinitely

soon= indefinitely

2 weeks after the initial soon = indefinitely

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...