NBC Sports Edge Forums

Andrew wiggins 2018-19 Season Outlook

At 24 and struggling to become the player we/ the timberwolves want.

Is this season a make ore break for him. Will all the negativity towards him be the kick in the backside he needs or just make things worse.

Time will tell.

Providing they dont get another SF back in the butler trade he should be given plenty of minutes and more responsibility providing he doesnt fall back into his lazy ways.

Was originally on my do not draft list but now changing my tune thinking he can come good

Thoughts ?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

0/12 with 1 board, 1 dime, and 1 T/O in 29 minutes.   I'm basically a hobbit, but even I could come up with a better stat-line in an NBA game than that. Put me in coach.

scrub winning me championships

Ranking at:  - Basketball monster #149 (ahead of Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, LeVert, Jonathan Isac,...) - FB Ninja #115 (ahead of KCP, Schroder, Dragic, Kuzma,...) Last year with Jimmy in town (bt

Ranking at: 
- Basketball monster #149 (ahead of Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, LeVert, Jonathan Isac,...)
- FB Ninja #115 (ahead of KCP, Schroder, Dragic, Kuzma,...)

Last year with Jimmy in town (btw, can a guy who played 70 or more games twice in 7 years be overrated for fantasy?), our "useless" fantasy boy Wiggins posted

17.7 pts,  1.4 3ptm,  4.4  reb , 2 ast, 1,1 stl on 43.3/64.3 %.

Unless you play in the league where only 100 players are drafted, these are some useful numbers.   Who else would you rather draft at 150?  Tony Wroten?

Wiggins is definitely  "do not draft in first 5 rounds" guy, but does not   mean "do not draft at all".  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Ranking at: 
- Basketball monster #149 (ahead of Jaylen Brown, Sabonis, LeVert, Jonathan Isac,...)
- FB Ninja #115 (ahead of KCP, Schroder, Dragic, Kuzma,...)

Last year with Jimmy in town (btw, can a guy who played 70 or more games twice in 7 years be overrated for fantasy?), our "useless" fantasy boy Wiggins posted

Unless you play in the league where only 100 players are drafted, these are some useful numbers.   Who else would you rather draft at 150?  Tony Wroten?

Wiggins is definitely  "do not draft in first 5 rounds" guy, but does not   mean "do not draft at all".  

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓@Gile Pile there's your answer ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ :D  

51 minutes ago, Tyboogie said:

Not touching this dude unless he’s last pick. Even last year I try to trade him for scraps late in the season and no one wanted him, ended up holding on to him and lost my final. Never again

1 hour ago, Tyboogie said:

Not touching this dude unless he’s last pick. Even last year I try to trade him for scraps late in the season and no one wanted him, ended up holding on to him and lost my final. Never again

If Wiggins is so terrible,  he could have been dropped and easily replaced by someone better from the waiver wire.  

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

These are completely serviceable and is a good target for punt FT.

Everyone has a DND list, but I think it's better to take emotion out of the situation. 

An important fact: he's missed one game in 4 years. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The reason his FG percent hasn't ever gotten back to 46 percent is he has taken more and more 3s each year without getting any better at shooting 3s.  I haven't seen any evidence of improvement in the preseason, but he's also a lazy POS who probably wasn't trying that much in the preseason.  My estimate is 18-5-2-1 45/35/70 unless Butler gets traded, then his points will go up and that's about it.  Dude has stagnated hard due to low effort.  Saw a statistic that he is ranked in the bottom 10 in "running fast" in the league.  The other 9 players are centers.  Dude just doesn't care.  

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

The reason his FG percent hasn't ever gotten back to 46 percent is he has taken more and more 3s each year without getting any better at shooting 3s.  I haven't seen any evidence of improvement in the preseason, but he's also a lazy POS who probably wasn't trying that much in the preseason.  My estimate is 18-5-2-1 45/35/70 unless Butler gets traded, then his points will go up and that's about it.  Dude has stagnated hard due to low effort.  Saw a statistic that he is ranked in the bottom 10 in "running fast" in the league.  The other 9 players are centers.  Dude just doesn't care.  

And he's part of the reason why Butler wants out.