NBC Sports Edge Forums

De’Anthony Melton 2018-2019 Season outlook

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly. In competitive leagues, there are at 2 to 3 people waiting for that diamond in the rough. You need to know what player you would drop right away when a potential fantasy star could be on the

You guys are really screwing up the forums for the rest of us. If you have a problem with someone’s attitude you can discuss it privately, not here. Between this and the pages of personal crap on th L

I and others have spent the past 3 pages breaking down his game, his prospects and what he looks like as a player going forward.   You're contributing gems like this:    Please,

2 hours ago, FrightCoward said:

If he's playing PG now, why does Yahoo only have him as being strictly SG eligible?

Already wrote yahoo about it! Soon enough...

So ROS are we thinkin pickup of the year, flavor of the week, or last guy on the bench but stays on our teams for a long time?

What I'm trying to say is...

Does he Melton our mouths but not in our hands? Tasty like M&M's but fleeting?

:ph34r:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Already wrote yahoo about it! Soon enough...

So ROS are we thinkin pickup of the year, flavor of the week, or last guy on the bench but stays on our teams for a long time?

What I'm trying to say is...

Does he Melton our mouths but not in our hands? Tasty like M&M's but fleeting?

Prob becomes a waiver wire guy once Book is back...

• Thanks 1

With the move of Okobo to the G League they don’t have any PG’s on their roster outside Booker who is really a SG. I think Booker is going to be moved back to SG with the addition of a new PG, and Melton will most likely backup the PG role and may build in to a 6th man role as well. If Melton absolutely dominates over this next week, who knows at that point. He could very well earn and keep the position. Very excited to see what happens. 

Edited by rollow222222
5 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

"Run don't walk" RW blurb incoming . . . 

It’s probably too late now....lol

I took the 🚂 last weekend and I am so happy..Nice add for Booker owner like me and we will see what happens when Booker will be back but ENJOY the ride!

Interesting, will depend on what they get back for Ariza.

Even if they don't get anything decent back, they could opt for a starting lineup of Booker/Bridges/Jackson/Warren/Ayton, so even if he is the only proper PG on the roster, I don't think his value is assured.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

"Run don't walk" RW blurb incoming . . . 

39 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

It’s probably too late now....lol

I took the 🚂 last weekend and I am so happy..Nice add for Booker owner like me and we will see what happens when Booker will be back but ENJOY the ride!

De'Anthony Melton started at point guard again on Tuesday and hit 7-of-16 shots and three 3-pointers for 17 points, seven rebounds, six assists, two steals and five turnovers in 33 minutes.

Devin Booker was out with his hamstring injury and Elie Okobo is in the G-League, clearing the way for Melton to run the show in Phoenix. Melton's averaging 14 points, 4.2 rebounds, 5.4 assists, 1.6 steals and 1.8 3-pointers on 43 percent shooting over his last five, and we've been touting him as a pickup for about a week. It's officially time to move on him.

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

Realy? I just stream this guy

seems i gotta hang on with him a bit longer now

Yeah. Same with me. Just wanted him cause the back to back. 

He was cool but I try not to fall in love with JAGs. I'm now struggling considering holding and not dropping though. 

Falling in love always gets my hoops heart broken, so we'll see. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll get back to my stone heart and kick him to the curb. 

• Like 1

I think you have to pick him up just to see how it plays out with the Ariza trade and enjoy the ride in the meantime. Even if the Suns get a PG for Ariza it should result in Melton getting the majority of the 1 minutes or the back up 1 minutes. Either way, that is an easy decision to cut or hold if that happens. When Booker returns I see the 2/3 minutes being chopped by Booker, Mikal, and JJ. That will get cleared up with Ariza leaving. This just feels like the Jrue situation in NOP where the 2 guard wants to be a 2 guard and not the point. Booker can't guard 1's and he probably wants some playmaking relief. Melton is either going to hold value all season or will be a back up that can get cut. Okobo is not good. I will say that Melton makes some mistakes and is far from good irl (common rookie PG stuff), but players with opportunities on really awful teams are fantasy goldmines.