NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RHJ could definitely break out this year, along with  D Lo, and Levert, while Jarret Allen holds down the Center position well.   The Nets are on the upswing, in general, and have a great cu

I'm in a competitive 12 man and I drafted this dude in late 7th... I know I know.  Feel free to clown, I deserve it. I just loved what he did last year and thought he could be a beast this year,

Bro u telling me.   I held SGA right up until the day before he broke out. And of course someone picks him up right as i drop him.   Then i traded brogdon for RHJ cause i needed re

On 11/7/2018 at 9:10 AM, domkop said:

This man needs a C eligibility! From Gallagher's analysis he's currently getting 20.6% mins at C.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/35900803-rondae-hollis-jefferson-needs-to-have-c-eligibilty

Homecoming game for Rondae Hollis-Jefferson? The U of A product had easily his best game on Sunday with 21 points, six boards, three dimes and no turnovers in 30 minutes. He continues to see time at center with 20.6% of his minutes coming in that position. He should see high minutes and he did go off in his last full game in Phoenix (20 and 13) two years ago (was hurt last year). Even if he doesn't start, RHJ should see enough minutes and help get the offensive moving. DeMarre Carroll (ankle) is practicing, but he is still doubtful.

Let's go and vote guys!

He's even started this game in C position, lets go vote guys!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gregoden said:

Worth using a 2nd place waiver on him?

I'm in the same position and I would probably say no. To use such a high waiver, the player you're picking up would almost have to be a sure thing and rondae is not. Not only are his minutes and starter status not a sure thing going fwd but his stats from last year when he played a lot of minutes were not that great.  and he has not played well this year.   I picked up a demarre Carroll with the levert injury news which I wasn't exactly excited about, but I'm not sure if he's even worth dropping for rondae...

Edited by magic32
14 minutes ago, magic32 said:

I'm in the same position and I would probably say no. To use such a high waiver, the player you're picking up would almost have to be a sure thing and rondae is not. Not only are his minutes and starter status not a sure thing going fwd but his stats from last year when he played a lot of minutes were not that great.  and he has not played well this year.   I picked up a demarre Carroll with the levert injury news which I wasn't exactly excited about, but I'm not sure if he's even worth dropping for rondae...

So Bogdan over Rondae?

3 hours ago, magic32 said:

Sure things don't usually end up on the wire... 

1 hour ago, HarmStrong said:

Sure things don't usually end up on the wire... 

they can when a manager makes a mistake in dropping someone out of frustration, and you want to be in a position where you can actually capitalize on that mistake. Or sometimes, a situation changes overnight after a teammate gets hurt and more playing time opens up.  That just happened in my league with Rondae, actually.  The manager dropped him the day before the Lavert injury, and now Rondae's situation changed overnight. I had the #2 waiver, but decided not to use it for Rondae because of the reasons i listed in that other post of mine that you replied to. And it was a good thing cause no one used their waver on Rondae and I was able to scoop him up shortly after midnight and now i have RHJ and I still have my #2 waiver.  I dropped DeMarre Carroll for him, who i picked up right after the Lavert injury occurred in case I was unable to pick scoop up RHJ. I still don't know which of the 2 will be more valuable now...

It's entirely dependent on your league size, managers and players available on the wire. I burned my #2 in hopes that he can return to last years for in similar minutes per game (around 28). 4 other managers used their waiver as well (4/5/7/8 positioning), but again this is a 12 team 16 player per team h2h league. 

14 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

It's entirely dependent on your league size, managers and players available on the wire. I burned my #2 in hopes that he can return to last years for in similar minutes per game (around 28). 4 other managers used their waiver as well (4/5/7/8 positioning), but again this is a 12 team 16 player per team h2h league. 

are you in a yahoo league? how can you tell what manager used their waiver?

1 hour ago, magic32 said:

are you in a yahoo league? how can you tell what manager used their waiver?

In Yahoo, in your league page under recent transactions, you'll see 'waiver bids'.  Click on that. Whenever someone uses a waiver, you'll see who else made a bid.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, thusanaysayer said:

Its gonna be laughable if he is starting now and starts producing.  I picked up him from day one and was as patient as one can be before dropping him hours before Leverts injury

Timing sucks, but you can always be more patient. We are about 15% of the way through  the season and RHJ has played about 10% of the season. Perspective helps with patience, but I understand not all formats are equal and RHJ was/is frustrating. With the allen news I would think RHJ owners would have held through a spot start. Either way not much to do about it now, but this is the life with Atkinson. If you want consistency and 35 mpg the nets won't be your thing. But, the Levert injury is much different than say an injury to joe Harris. They will need to mix in higher usage players. A luxury starter like Dudley for spacing probably doesn't fit when you have Dlo and no one else creating. I would not be surprised to see Dudley and levert turn into 2 other starters. 

7 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

Its gonna be laughable if he is starting now and starts producing.  I picked up him from day one and was as patient as one can be before dropping him hours before Leverts injury

Bro u telling me.

I held SGA right up until the day before he broke out. And of course someone picks him up right as i drop him.

Then i traded brogdon for RHJ cause i needed rebounds. A few hours before the Levert injury, i was so flustered that i traded RHJ as a joke to my friend for Boban. And now of course RHJ suddenly becomes a centerpiece of the Nets... .

I hate life lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Bro u telling me.

I held SGA right up until the day before he broke out. And of course someone picks him up right as i drop him.

Then i traded brogdon for RHJ cause i needed rebounds. A few hours before the Levert injury, i was so flustered that i traded RHJ as a joke to my friend for Boban. And now of course RHJ suddenly becomes a centerpiece of the Nets... .

I hate life lol

The perils of fantasy world 

• Thanks 1