NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff Teague 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

Don't underestimate the Thibs factor and the fact that I am damn sure he would prefer to start Rose over Teague because Rose is his boy. I agree that Rose won't heolf up and will probably get injured and Teague will take over but while Rose is rolling and healthy, you have reason to worry as Teague owners. 

We'll know soon enough.  I'm personally not sweating it.  

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tonight expecting 2 points on 1-11 shooting, 32 assists, 1 steal, 5 TO.  

Bledsoe > Teague > D'Angelo > Fultz   Bledsoe and Teague aren't too far apart. Teague gives you more dimes and Bledsoe more defensive stats so choose accordingly. D'Angelo is really

Goran is straight trash these days. His Fg% isn't good anymore, AST:TO is poor, Dimes trending down, no steals. I'm not touching Dragic this year he'll be WAY over-drafted like he was last year.

Posted Images

It does suck for most Teague owners. I'm in a different both as I was happy I picked up Rose as a handcuff when Teague went down. I didn't expect it to work so great!

My dilemma is whether to drop Rose when Teague comes back. Alternatively, I may just have to sacrifice my streaming spot in the short term.

41 minutes ago, DZaak said:

It does suck for most Teague owners. I'm in a different both as I was happy I picked up Rose as a handcuff when Teague went down. I didn't expect it to work so great!

My dilemma is whether to drop Rose when Teague comes back. Alternatively, I may just have to sacrifice my streaming spot in the short term.

I don't think it's a good idea to drop Rose, or maybe until he inevitably gets injured anyway. He will sustain value, even prior to the 50 point game he's played solid minutes.

Jeff Teague (left knee) has been ruled out for Monday's game against the Nets.

Tom Thibodeau recently said that Teague was "real close" to getting back to the court, but him getting ruled out a full 24 hours in advance of tip-off runs counter to that information. The Wolves have four games coming up next week, but with very little information on Teague's progress, he'll be a risky guy to deploy in weekly settings. Derrick Rose will be the primary beneficiary while he's out.

Thibs is so full of s---. What a pain in the a** Teague has been so far. 

Stay the course guys, don't do anything rash. Remember, Jimmy is gone, and he has 2 very good spacers to dish the ball to now plus KAT who will be playing like his elite self again. I fully expect both his scoring and dimes to go up. Just be patient, and hopefully he comes back within the week.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Stay the course guys, don't do anything rash. Remember, Jimmy is gone, and he has 2 very good spacers to dish the ball to now plus KAT who will be playing like his elite self again. I fully expect both his scoring and dimes to go up. Just be patient, and hopefully he comes back within the week.

Exactly this. Right now is the time to be patient and chill. Everyone is frustrated, but while he has been out really good things have happened. Taj has said he will take a back seat to Saric. KAT is now the man and happier. Jimmy is out and replaced by Covington who is not a ball handler. Teague has to navigate Rose and Wiggins. Good stuff and he is getting very close to a return. Just relax for another 7-10 days for him to start to develop chemistry with the new guys and get his wind back. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Ripper said:

I’d feel a lot better about Teague If Rose wasn’t there. The way Rose is balling out there is no way he doesn’t eat into Teague. 

If I remember correctly, they were playing Rose at the 2 when Teague was healthy and Tyus at the backup 1. Rose can not maintain heavy minutes. I think Tyus is being a little exposed for what he is. I wouldn't be surprised to see Teague and Rose share a lot of minutes together going forward. 

2 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

If I remember correctly, they were playing Rose at the 2 when Teague was healthy and Tyus at the backup 1. Rose can not maintain heavy minutes. I think Tyus is being a little exposed for what he is. I wouldn't be surprised to see Teague and Rose share a lot of minutes together going forward. 

Too lazy to find splits, but what concerns me is that Rose is a hero player now with more confidence and is on a roll.

Taking away Teague's minutes are okay for the most part, but taking his ball handling and usage is the problem. Guess we just have to hope for the best and for Teague to stay healthy

3 minutes ago, tongs said:

Too lazy to find splits, but what concerns me is that Rose is a hero player now with more confidence and is on a roll.

Taking away Teague's minutes are okay for the most part, but taking his ball handling and usage is the problem. Guess we just have to hope for the best and for Teague to stay healthy

Yea, I am not getting wrapped up in the DRose narrative. He was a feel good story a week or so ago. Cool moment, but now reality sets in without Jimmy around and they have been getting their teeth kicked in with Rose playing heavy minutes. It is going to be a little bit of a transition, but I think the days of Thibs and his good ol' boys Bulls network is kind of over. Taj has already said he is fine being a bench player. Jimmy just got done dragging Thibs and the organization through mud. Only way Thibs succeeds/survives is if he changes gears IMO. But he is an old dog that doesn't know many tricks so there is a good chance Rose and Taj play 38 mpg.