NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyrie Irving 2018-2019 Season Outlook

MrBean

4 minutes ago, PeteM said:

Would “run-of-the-mill first rounder” be an oxymoron?  In all seriousness, I never draft him early due to chronic injury concerns.  

Not really.  AD and Harden as superlative, leaps and bounds better than even the third ranked player.  Irving has a z score of .6 while AD has one of 1.29 in 9 cat. By way of reference, Irving + Embiid = 1.12 and in most of my leagues that combination would cost around $100 auction dollars, maybe a little less.  AD + Bledsoe = 1.44 and cost about the same.  Harden comes close to AD in 9 cat, and is better in 8 cat, but he also doesn't have center eligibility.  There is no replacement for AD. 

14 minutes ago, zunderlips27 said:

I own Irving in 3/4 leagues. He is my favorite player and have to get through this process every year. He gets hurt and i spend hours checking for updates regarding the gravity of his injury.

I never troll from february. Fantasy Basketball is the most important thing among the least important things.

Well link the "6 week injury" article, please... 

55 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Hot take

Dude will never be the best player on a championship team 

I am so tired of his injuries and mouth, dude needs to fade back into the Robin he was meant to be

I agree with you, but can't you just see Skip Bayless going crazy here? lol

Image result for skip bayless meme

• Like 1