NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyrie Irving 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, montanski said:

Smart to the bench will be negative, i agree, but the team needs Kyrie more than the fans will admit. The narrative that Tatum and Brown are sure all-stars is questionable and reminds me to Ball and Ingram in LA. Hayward is not the same, so i will be scared for Irving`s numbers this season, only if Celtics trade for someone like AD.

Maybe you're right. I really doubt they get AD though, as Pelicans still control him next year and could get the same haul for him next season. Rozier is an obvious trade candidate that could get them another wing. I could see them moving Horford too (Ainge is ruthless), since it seems like he's slowing down. Like, what about Rozier+Horford for Vucevic? IDK if the money works, I'm just spitballing.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you, this is what I've been telling people. The rest of these panicking monkeys are the ones that traded Jimmy for peanuts last year when he basically started the entire first month looking like

I've been racking my brain watching my fav team, Celtics, and owning Kyrie this year.  Why is his usage down so much?     I think it's a mixture between two things.    1.  He's not

Posted Images

Just now, claptondecheeks said:

Maybe you're right. I really doubt they get AD though, as Pelicans still control him next year and could get the same haul for him next season. Rozier is an obvious trade candidate that could get them another wing. I could see them moving Horford too (Ainge is ruthless), since it seems like he's slowing down. Like, what about Rozier+Horford for Vucevic? IDK if the money works, I'm just spitballing.

Horford is safe for now, because his next year`s expiring contract will be in potential AD package, so i doubt they will try for Vuc. And i think the latter will be lost in Stevens tempo offense and tough defense system. Vuc will look wonderful next to LA in San Antonio. Popovich will make wonders with them. Rozier will be gone for some pick or shooter, i think. I don`t get why Celtics keep chasing assets and are not aggressive enough to form some really scary team. But that`s Ainge. Billy King made him untouchable with that out of mind trade :lol:.

50 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Did Kyrie speak out against a scientific paper you published or something

Lol well that flat earth thing adds to his reputation of being a dumbass. It's funny because, intellectually, at least based on how he speaks in interviews, he seems like one of the best educated players in the league. 

I just don't like him man, he did nothing on his own and basically tore the cavs apart when they would still be competing for ships every year because everyone knows the raptors, bucks, whoever else in the east, would not beat a cavs team with lebron and kyrie. 

Now he is the "guy" and you almost can't tell. Seems to have zero leadership qualities and is not making his team better than last season in which they played amazing and somehow made conference finals without their two stars kyrie and hayward. He also picks up such soft injuries and sits out a bunch of time, every season, because his makeup is soft. 

Edited by richg24
2 hours ago, montanski said:

Horford is safe for now, because his next year`s expiring contract will be in potential AD package, so i doubt they will try for Vuc. And i think the latter will be lost in Stevens tempo offense and tough defense system. Vuc will look wonderful next to LA in San Antonio. Popovich will make wonders with them. Rozier will be gone for some pick or shooter, i think. I don`t get why Celtics keep chasing assets and are not aggressive enough to form some really scary team. But that`s Ainge. Billy King made him untouchable with that out of mind trade :lol:.

I do hope they move Rozier. They're really not maximizing that asset. I know they're keeping him in case of a Kyrie injury, but if he's that good, then they should find a way to use him more. I could see them being adamant about not trading him if he played a bigger role on the team, like if they employed much more 2 pg sets with Kyrie and Rozier on the floor at the same time. I can't really think of an upgrade to Smart that they can get by trading Rozier though.

• Like 1
On 1/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, hoopking said:

yeah i also think this is acceptable given the stats he gives us nightly. as long as he plays all the games on PO weeks im good :D

it really isn't, he loses a lot of value if hes missing games. maybe not in averages, but on a week to week basis. and now with the news that he might not sign back, sigh more drama. 

8 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

i still think this cat misses too many games. 

already missed 8. if he misses another 8 to finish the season, we've lost like a good chnk of his production

When I drafted him in 3rd round i expected to miss 25 games. When i traded Horford and Reggie for CP3 before the season, i expected CP3 to miss around 30 games. The point is that, when you draft PGs like Irving, CP3, Wall, Conley, even RW, you expect that they will miss good amount of games. In roto 8 cat Irving is currently 11th per game, but who will have balls to take him 11th in 10+ leagues. Look, if player like KAT misses 16 games in a season, it will be reason to be angry :).

1 minute ago, montanski said:

When I drafted him in 3rd round i expected to miss 25 games. When i traded Horford and Reggie for CP3 before the season, i expected CP3 to miss around 30 games. The point is that, when you draft PGs like Irving, CP3, Wall, Conley, even RW, you expect that they will miss good amount of games. In roto 8 cat Irving is currently 11th per game, but who will have balls to take him 11th in 10+ leagues. Look, if player like KAT misses 16 games in a season, it will be reason to be angry :).

i got kyrie for brogdon lmfao. so i mean i dont care too much, but it sucks that hes missing games that he shoudl be easily helping me win on a weekly basis. 

Just now, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

i got kyrie for brogdon lmfao. so i mean i dont care too much, but it sucks that hes missing games that he shoudl be easily helping me win on a weekly basis. 

In H2H it is more frustrating than in roto, one of your best players to miss games ;)

By the way, great trade! Somebody panicked in the early struggles of Kyrie :lol:?!

4 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

how come you can got irving for brogdon?what the hell is your league

16 minutes ago, montanski said:

In H2H it is more frustrating than in roto, one of your best players to miss games ;)

By the way, great trade! Somebody panicked in the early struggles of Kyrie :lol:?!

in actuality it was aminu + brogdon for kyrie(this was after he hurt his shoulder, guess the owner thought it was serious, but he only missed one game lol)

he dropped aminu, so i picked him back up afterwarsd hence brogdon for kyrie! 

Just now, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

in actuality it was aminu + brogdon for kyrie(this was after he hurt his shoulder, guess the owner thought it was serious, but he only missed one game lol)

he dropped aminu, so i picked him back up afterwarsd hence brogdon for kyrie! 

orig