NBC Sports Edge Forums

Domantas Sabonis 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 10/10/2018 at 4:48 PM, scienze said:

exactly .. theres natural progression from year 2 to year 3. especially with a quality player like sabonis. 

While I agree that he's talented enough to improve on last year's numbers, I don't expect a big jump on last year's numbers. Something around 13.5 to 14 ppg,  with 8 to 8.5 rebounds is what I'm expecting him to get this season. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to blow your mind.  Using NBA.com's advanced statistics, he ranks #2 in the league for Player Impact Estimate for players averaging > 15 minutes per game..   Player Impact Estimate

it’s a travesty he’s not starting 

As a Turner owner, I hate to say it but Sabonis is so good for this team.  Every time he's on the floor, good things just seem to happen.  Not only does he have a postgame and a midrange shot, he's a

Posted Images

7 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

Is TJ Leaf going to eat into his minutes? 

I don't think so. He could be a big man who can shoot but he can't rebound and be as effective in the pick and roll as Sabonis. The Pacers know Sabonis' value and will give 20-25 min most games if not more. It seems they had Sabonis take it easy the game after he missed due to a knee bruise.

33 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

I don't think so. He could be a big man who can shoot but he can't rebound and be as effective in the pick and roll as Sabonis. The Pacers know Sabonis' value and will give 20-25 min most games if not more. It seems they had Sabonis take it easy the game after he missed due to a knee bruise.

yea, 17 minutes is not going to cut it.

looked so promising with 28 in the opener. 

8 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

yea, 17 minutes is not going to cut it.

looked so promising with 28 in the opener. 

Yeah, that game was against the lowly Grizzlies so they let their bench play extended minutes. My guess is that Sabonis is just recovering from his knee bruise and will return to his normal role sooner rather than later. For the record, he's a double/double threat even if he only played 17 minutes/game. 

Edited by AndreSplash
  • Like 2