Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Bobby Portis 2018-2019Season Outlook


papocrain
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, phatjonny2001 said:

I'm in the same boat, Cousins currently stashed in my IR slot and I have Portis. I'm going forward with replacing Portis from the FA wire in my league. Not only that, I also have Kris Dunn injured too! :(

I feel you bro :( cousins, dunn, portis and harden. Had to dump punchbob, no way i could compete with 4 players out. There is no one i could pick up since its an 18 team league. Had to settle with FELICIO! :( 

Just when i thought last season was my worst ever. I gotta move on, i just need to vent out this. Sorry if wrong thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Balbs said:

I feel you bro :( cousins, dunn, portis and harden. Had to dump punchbob, no way i could compete with 4 players out. There is no one i could pick up since its an 18 team league. Had to settle with FELICIO! :( 

Just when i thought last season was my worst ever. I gotta move on, i just need to vent out this. Sorry if wrong thread. 

Damn bro! I feel your pain but keep an eye out for lineup changes and see if these new starters are available on your FA/waiver wire! It's early in the year so you need to make some moves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, raaaabz said:

ROS Outlook when healthy?

I think he can settle into 20+ min, while the rise of WCJ and Mark's return will hinder him, I think he can carve out a bench role backing both pf and center spots with lopez out of the rotation. Last season he was able to put up decent line of 13/6 averaging 22min.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, raaaabz said:

ROS Outlook when healthy?

 

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I think he can settle into 20+ min, while the rise of WCJ and Mark's return will hinder him, I think he can carve out a bench role backing both pf and center spots with lopez out of the rotation. Last season he was able to put up decent line of 13/6 averaging 22min.

 

 

 

imo, he'll be like sabonis. off the bench with an excellent statsheet from both ends. jabari is i dunno, a trash maybe. but this guy will surely provide decent stats whether its below or above 25mins. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

portis slated to return 12/8ish, do we see him carving out a role, or is CHI frontcourt too loaded

He'll have a role tho how big remains to be seen. No chance he starts over Lauri or WCJ and with Jabari playing well that further cuts into his minutes. Id say he is more of a stash for 14+ team leagues, in 10 or 12 teamers I have to imagine there are better options

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Went through full contact scrimmage today. Not sure what his role will be with Lauri, Jabari, WCJ and RoLo all using PF/C minutes.

I am going to guess that RoLo will be out of the equation and they will spend some time forcing Jabari to play the 3 even though he can't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Went through full contact scrimmage today. Not sure what his role will be with Lauri, Jabari, WCJ and RoLo all using PF/C minutes.

 

Where did you see this?

 

Do you guys know what comes after the full contact scrimmage? I’m trying to remember the steps Lauri took—I remember he came back pretty soon after full contact practice I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

 

Where did you see this?

 

Do you guys know what comes after the full contact scrimmage? I’m trying to remember the steps Lauri took—I remember he came back pretty soon after full contact practice I believe.

 

KC Johnson twitter. But I'm not sure what his path to value is given the presence of Lauri, Parker, and WCJ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're watching the game right now, this is the exact reason why they need Bobby Portis. Lauri playing C? Are you kidding me? Jabari can go play the 3 or sub at 4 but Lauri needs to stick to playing 4! Wendell is good but he can't be on the court the entire game. Not to mention he's still getting a lot of fouls (not blaming him, it's a rookie thing i think).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...