Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nikola Mirotic 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Apparently he's a buy low.

Is he?  I'm looking at your Bucks flair and all I can think of is "You gotta know he's like the fourth option on this team, and he was tied for third on the Pels".  The Bucks just seem to be too good for him to do what he did on the Pelicans.  This isn't a guy who gets by on defensive stats.  He's good based on his shots and how can he get as many as in Milwaukee as he did in New Orleans?

I picked him up in one league where I'm punting points and threes.  I picked him up solely to trade him based on his reputation in New Orleans, but I might need to just full on drop (again, keep in mind he's horrible for that build, not saying everyone should drop him) before people realize he ain't doing for the Bucks what he did for the Pelicans.  I hope he blows up, though, no one is biting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Miro out again...  

Given the rollercoaster nature of these blurbs the next update will probably say, ruled out for the next 3 games with hope for return in 2020 or 2021 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Is he?  I'm looking at your Bucks flair and all I can think of is "You gotta know he's like the fourth option on this team, and he was tied for third on the Pels".  The Bucks just seem to be too good for him to do what he did on the Pelicans.  This isn't a guy who gets by on defensive stats.  He's good based on his shots and how can he get as many as in Milwaukee as he did in New Orleans?

I picked him up in one league where I'm punting points and threes.  I picked him up solely to trade him based on his reputation in New Orleans, but I might need to just full on drop (again, keep in mind he's horrible for that build, not saying everyone should drop him) before people realize he ain't doing for the Bucks what he did for the Pelicans.  I hope he blows up, though, no one is biting.

For sure Mirotic's role is reduced from his time with the Pelicans, but as evidenced by his last game/debut, he can get shots up in a hurry (7 shots in 14 min). If he can average 20-22 minutes a night, he'll be worth a pickup for 3s and points (10.5 points, 5 boards, 2-2.5 threes, 1.2-1.5 stocks)

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

For sure Mirotic's role is reduced from his time with the Pelicans, but as evidenced by his last game/debut, he can get shots up in a hurry (7 shots in 14 min). If he can average 20-22 minutes a night, he'll be worth a pickup for 3s and points (10.5 points, 5 boards, 2-2.5 threes, 1.2-1.5 stocks)

Exactly plus he's still getting his feet under him.  When we start resting guys during blowouts towards the end of the season Mirotic will get plenty of run. health depending of course. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the end for me guys. Dropped him for Marcus Morris, who was waived (i don't get why) couple a days ago. Good luck for those who will torture their team with Miro till the end. I tried and despite i have big lead at the top, it's too painful to own him, today.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love for Nikola.

Wanted to drop him for Elfrid Payton since yesterday but I waited and waited and waited coz I can't drop this dude just like that after 1 game for his new team coming back from an injury.

 

Then the JJJ out indefinitely news broke out and it made my decision in picking up Elfrid a lot easier.

 

Hoping to get a feel of Nikola's production over the next 2 games. I am a Giannis owner and I trust that MIL's offensive system is so perfect for Mirotic.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Patience is so rewarding in fantasy. 

Agreed, after his season derailed by illness and injury, looks to be in an optimum spot for production moving forward.  Congrats to anyone who held on through the tough times or bought low from an impatient owner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this guy finishes the season strong for my playoff run as well as giving him some trade equity during the off season (it's a dynasty league)

I'm really itching to get him off my team. I don't like roller coaster rides!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Agreed, after his season derailed by illness and injury, looks to be in an optimum spot for production moving forward.  Congrats to anyone who held on through the tough times or bought low from an impatient owner.

 

Alittle premature after one game no? Let’s see the guy stay healthy for a decent stretch at least. 

Edited by chud12
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NBA_OG said:

 

Ummmm he got only 18 mins the last game? Chill dude.

Thankfully minutes played is not a fantasy category in my leagues.  In this system he can put up big #s in relatively limited minutes.  His per minute usage is off the charts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

Alittle premature after one game no? Let’s see the guy stay healthy for a decent stretch at least. 

I get that you are rooting against him but hopefully he can stay healthy since he took an extended time off to rehab.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

I get that you are rooting against him but hopefully he can stay healthy since he took an extended time off to rehab.

 

Rooting against him lol? I’ve owned him all year and the way the last 3 months have worked out I expect an injury again. And Miri only played 18 min last night. If those minutes hold he will be infuriating to own going forward. 

Edited by chud12
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha. Still nobody understands Mirotic and how he fits in these kinds of fast paced offensive systems such as NO and MIL.

As I've said right after he got traded to MIL, this is the best thing that can happen for us Mirotic owners who held on throughout the season:

1) Injury - this is our biggest problem. Had he stayed in NOL. He would be a very strong shutdown candidate. With the Bucks leading the East, his production will really be needed - and this could only help him land a good contract this summer.

2) Bench role = less minutes = less injury

I'd rather see Miro play 20 mins ROS than see him play 35 mins/game for 8 games. Your choice.

3) Production 

We're not going to see the multiple 30 pt games he showed us earlier this season. But as have said before, his ceiling is somewhere 17 PTS 8 REBs 2.5 3PTM. Floor is around 12 PTS 5 REBs and 2 3PTM.

Why?

Bucks offense, as all of you may know is 5 man out. Giannis at the middle, dribble penetration and kick out to an open 3 if someone helps. They also have a lot of blitz pick and rolls which allows lapses on defensive rotations which leads to open 3s for the other 3 Bucks players. If they don't hedge the pick and roll, this leads to open driving lanes - and this exactly why Malcolm Brogdon is thriving this season, he drives strong and quick against big men mostly with his driving left hand layups. And lastly, the Mirotic factor. This guy literally just shoots 3s off the pass if the defenders are in sagg off/moderate coverage. With his height, he doesn't have problems hoisting those 3PTM much like Brook Lopez.

 

In MIL, everybody has the green light to shoot 3s.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

 

I'd rather see Miro play 20 mins ROS than see him play 35 mins/game for 8 games. Your choice.

 

 

While the Bucks offense breakdown is appreciated, I don't know about the above statement. 

At least we get 8 solid games out of him before knowing it's time to move on. 20 minutes? lol

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

 

While the Bucks offense breakdown is appreciated, I don't know about the above statement. 

At least we get 8 solid games out of him before knowing it's time to move on. 20 minutes? lol

 

It depends on what kind of numbers you are expecting from him.

If you held on to him this long to expect > 20 PTS 10 REB 3 3PTM , then I'm sorry -
There were a lot of early indications (way back December) that Mirotic can't go back there:
1) 3-4 weeks ankle injury
2) Julius Randle playing strong
3) He got back but played from the 2nd unit
4) Julius Randle still playing strong even when Miro was playing

On the other hand, for those owners who are ok with:

Ceiling: 17 PTS 8 REBs 2.5 3PTM
Floor: 12 PTS 5 REBs and 2 3PTM

Then him playing 20 minutes doesn't really matter.

Oh and btw, I don't think he will play 20 mins.
I think he'll play closer to 20-25 mins and some nights where he'll play 30 mins when they play around with Giannis at Center and Mirotic at Power Forward.

To answer your question, in my case, I'd rather have him play 20 minutes and get those numbers instead of 35 minutes of 8 solid games, drop him and pick-up guys like:
- Wes Matthews, Tyreke Evans, Josh Hart, KCP, Reggie Bullock, Wayne Ellington, Damean Dotson etc

But if you are in a 10-team or 12-team 12 player league, and have better waiver wire pool, then yes you have a point.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Del Rio said:

The people who are downplaying what kind of impact Miro can have with minutes in the upper teens are FOMOing hard

I feel they'll play the guy they paid 4 picks for more than upper teen minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...