NBC Sports Edge Forums

Enes Kanter 2018-2019 Outlook

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does no one else feel sorry for the guy?   He seems so supportive off the bench (he's been cheering for his teammates every time they score), and he's a gifted scorer and rebounder, even in

lol Fizdale ejected that ref must be a Kanter owner too. Bless her

If y'all are selling then I'm buying.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, serveist said:

Kanter owners shouldn’t panic. While his upside isn’t as great as it was starting and getting 32-34mpg, he is still very valuable getting 25-28 off the bench against backups. He dominates coming off the bench. And there’s still a chance Fizdale brings him back to the starting lineup. Plus Fizdale saying he wants Kanter go for 6th man of the year means he’ll still be getting heavy usage off the bench. 

If you can move him for a starter with more upside, that’s a solid move too. But holding him will still help your team. 

Agreed. Guys, don't panic after his 24 rebound game. If you were on a ledge after that elite line last night, DON'T JUMP

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Bengalo said:

Unfortunately I benched him the last two games. Was so upset that I just traded him away for Collins. 

I traded him and Harrell for John Collins and JV today - after his 23/24/7 game. Think it’s the perfect time to move him really.

Kanter’s gonna put up good numbers all season, but he’ll trend down at some point and Collins will trend up. Only a matter of time.

Good luck to Kanter owners. He’s nice and I’ll miss him, but don’t get too attached, Knick’s will turn on the tank and play their young guys more for development post ASB. Until then, enjoy the ride!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2018 at 7:53 AM, My Dinner With Andre said:

You guys are too funny.

You talk like Kanter is some thirty year old vet with a DPOY award and a finals appearance on his resume.

Newsflash: Kanter is young and not very good! In other words he's perfect for tanking.

He's perfect for tanking when the team doesn't have any other options or young players to develop ahead of him which is definitely not the case in NY. 

Robinson and Vonleh are ahead of him on the depth chart and probably will be for the rest of season unless there's injury or foul trouble for both of the young guys (which is a chance most nights considering how inconsistent they are).

You can pretty much throw out tonight's game for Kanter.  They were going up against Anthony Davis, and obviously they weren't going to have him play much against him unfortunately.  Kanter has been pretty solid of late otherwise.

4 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

yall need to stop sayin dumb things like this 

some people play in 8-team 10 roster spot leagues 

relax 

Which is exactly why these "should I add/drop" questions have no place in player threads to begin with. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, tremixt said:

Which is exactly why these "should I add/drop" questions have no place in player threads to begin with. 

he didn’t even ask anything though .. sometimes people just speak their mind regarding a topic. it is a forum afterall .. if u want pure updates, just go to said players rotoworld profile. 

12 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he didn’t even ask anything though .. sometimes people just speak their mind regarding a topic. it is a forum afterall .. if u want pure updates, just go to said players rotoworld profile. 

I know I personally read through these threads only to learn which players random strangers are dropping for other players. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Frozerow said:

I am afraid selling high is the best option. Sure he can be productive in a few minutes but why not get more value from another player before Kanter’s stats decline? 

Why would his stats decline?  Sure, he's not going to get the minutes he did in the last game very often unless Robinson is in foul trouble again, and he'll have the occasional dud if going up against a team with a Center like Davis, but it seems like he's settled into a solid double-double machine even with him continuing to come off the bench.

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Why would his stats decline?  Sure, he's not going to get the minutes he did in the last game very often unless Robinson is in foul trouble again, and he'll have the occasional dud if going up against a team with a Center like Davis, but it seems like he's settled into a solid double-double machine even with him continuing to come off the bench.

But will he get the opportunity to do so ? I mean coach said he plans to use the young players, porzingis will return eventually, is there any more room for him to produce? Hope I am proven wrong because I really like this guy

5 hours ago, Frozerow said:

But will he get the opportunity to do so ? I mean coach said he plans to use the young players, porzingis will return eventually, is there any more room for him to produce? Hope I am proven wrong because I really like this guy

While I understand mentioning him, Porzingis shouldn't really be factored into Kanter's value.  There's no guarantee he even comes back this season, and even if he does, he may hardly play.  There's little incentive to really play him much at all this season.