NBC Sports Edge Forums

Enes Kanter 2018-2019 Outlook

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does no one else feel sorry for the guy?   He seems so supportive off the bench (he's been cheering for his teammates every time they score), and he's a gifted scorer and rebounder, even in

lol Fizdale ejected that ref must be a Kanter owner too. Bless her

If y'all are selling then I'm buying.

Posted Images

On 12/18/2018 at 11:56 AM, halo1214 said:

The two concerns I keep seeing with Kanter are:

1) Young fellas taking over his minutes (Mitch)

2) Knicks might trade Kanter

The consequence of (2) is murkier to me. How would a trade impact Kanter's value? Or is it impossible to speculate?

I can't imagine any team trading for Kanter when 1. he's an upcoming UFA and 2. he's not a starter quality C in today's league.  His defense is too bad.  Him, Monroe, Okafor, are all being relegated to play as backup or third string Cs.

1 hour ago, nichiseyo said:

drop city

I know this is a typical response, but I'd love to be in a league with you then.

It's been a frustrating last few games, but this isn't the first go-around this season.  He got demoted to the bench earlier in the season and then exploded for a while basically forcing himself back into the starting lineup.  While this will likely happen from time to time, it would be silly to drop him.  It wasn't that long ago that he was a near automatic double-double, and last night's 14 minutes were an anomaly.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

I know this is a typical response, but I'd love to be in a league with you then.

It's been a frustrating last few games, but this isn't the first go-around this season.  He got demoted to the bench earlier in the season and then exploded for a while basically forcing himself back into the starting lineup.  While this will likely happen from time to time, it would be silly to drop him.  It wasn't that long ago that he was a near automatic double-double, and last night's 14 minutes were an anomaly.

I agree with you. Coach Maybe wanted a diferent matchup against mil. My only fear is if coaching staff prefere to develop other guys and tank. Thats why i wanted to get a more guaranteed player you know, at least with guaranteed minutes like milsapp or markanen. But maybe i will wait 

8 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Minutes are just way too sporadic for me. His minutes haven’t increased much since Robinson’s injury, and they are bound to only decrease more as Knicks go full tank and Fiz gives Robinson more burn for development. He started hot, but the gaudy double double games have become few and far between. If he’s not giving you 15/10 he’s borderline useless with his non existent stocks and 3 point range.

Dropped him for Grant and going to enjoy the 1/1/1 and fill the marginal rebound loss elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, nichiseyo said:

Minutes are just way too sporadic for me. His minutes haven’t increased much since Robinson’s injury, and they are bound to only decrease more as Knicks go full tank and Fiz gives Robinson more burn for development. He started hot, but the gaudy double double games have become few and far between. If he’s not giving you 15/10 he’s borderline useless with his non existent stocks and 3 point range.

Dropped him for Grant and going to enjoy the 1/1/1 and fill the marginal rebound loss elsewhere. 

They were actually pretty frequent up until the last 4 games, but you are not wrong about his value if he's not giving you those stats.

Obviously I still think that dropping him is really drastic, although in your case you did just fine.  I'm not sure how Grant was still available in your league given how well he's been playing, but that's beside the point I guess.

23 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Thanks for this insight. 

Do you believe he’s still a hold across all leagues shallow or deep?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, reverb said:

Thanks for this insight. 

Do you believe he’s still a hold across all leagues shallow or deep?

No problem.

Yes, I do.  Unless you really don't need the boards and there's somebody that has absolutely no business being available.  In other words, simply yes.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

This is going to get ugly.  The Knicks/Fizdale don't seem to care that they're getting absolutely pounded and have no offense.  They'd rather get beat by 40 than play Kanter 25min.  The road to Zion huh...

yeah, he will be out of the rotation soon with robinson coming back. 

What are the odds he turns it around?

i can’t really afford him dragging me down in weekly H2H leagues. I was only using him for rebounds, and he’s not getting me that anymore. Seems drastic, but I’d like to drop him for someone like Bryant who has the potential for double doubles plus blocks

we need him to be traded. period. we should have sold him while we had the chance. now we have to cross our fingers and hope for the best every night. as many people stated, its only going to get uglier once robinson comes back. i feel bad for the guy. im sure there are plenty of other teams willing to pick someone like him up prior to the trade deadline.