NBC Sports Edge Forums

any other teams in your league scaring you right now?

ssmarsh

The team that bought Kazmir and Lackey at the draft has languished near the bottom of the pack all season, but now that they're back and dealing, he's rising faster than a bullet. If his team could hit at all, he'd be running away with the league. As it stands now, I'm flip-flopping between 1st and 2nd with another team on a daily basis, but the up and coming team scares me more than the other guy.

Anyone else have their eyes on a certain team in their league?

We are starting to get to the point in the season in my 18 team keeper league where the have nots are going to start selling off copious amounts of talent to aquire some of the top players in the game and extra draft picks for next year.

There can be some real cheezy trades that go on in this period and I am waiting to see what happens.

I am that team in my 14-team roto league this year (20.5 point lead coming into today):

C - Martin

1B - Loney

2B - Roberts

3B - Gordon (Zimmerman DL)

SS - Hanley

IF - LaRoche

4OF - Berkman, Markakis, Rios, Bradley (Alou DL)

UTIL - Kent

SP - Johan, Wainwright, Billingsley

RP - Hoffman, Lyon, Soriano (Casilla & Zumaya on DL)

P - Pedro, Lowe

BN - Scherzer

May 17 - Traded Chipper, CBY, Posada, and Yunel for Martin, Roberts, Zimmerman, and Alou

Jun 02 - Traded Bruce for Rios

Jun 07 - Traded BJ Upton, Volquez, and O. Cabrera for Hanley, Loney, and Scherzer

I think my team will be loaded for the 2nd half.

No team can touch me right now. It's also a keeper league and no teams have started to sell off.

Thankfully, it's a 12 team league, the bottom three teams really aren't that active and so they aren't going to make bit dump trades.

The other 8 teams are withing 15 points of each other, so everyone has deluded themselves into thinking that they can compete for a money spot.

I sit there 10-15 points ahead of everyone else watching as the days go by.

With the way everyone else around me seems to be able to make deals, I've got about four-five teams to be mindful of.

I'll be in 6th place by the 4th.

The scary team in my league has an offense that looks like this:

Brian McCann(Atl - C)

Prince Fielder(Mil - 1B)

Chase Utley(Phi - 2B)

David Wright(NYM - 3B)

Hanley Ramírez(Fla - SS)

Brandon Phillips(Cin - 2B)

Nate McLouth(Pit - OF)

Ryan Braun(Mil - 3B,OF)

Pat Burrell(Phi - OF)

Jeremy Hermida(Fla - OF)

Chone Figgins(LAA - 2B,3B,OF) DL

Troy Tulowitzki(Col - SS) DL

I am that team also... with a 15 1/2 point lead and leading 8-1 heading into Sunday's game. Although when you see my team, it is hard to imagine me with that large of a lead. It goes to show that you don't need a superstar at every position... just solid players.

c- Chris Snyder, Ryan Doumit

1 - Adrian Gonzalez, Kevin Youkilis, Alex Gordon, Carlos Pena

2 - Ian Kinsler, Orlando Hudson

3 - Kevin Youkilis, Alex Gordon

ss - JJ Hardy

of - Carlos Gomez, Nate McLouth, Jay Bruce, Jermaine Dye, Raul Ibanez, Ryan Doumit

sp - Josh Beckett, CC Sabathia, Scott Kazmir, Brandon Webb, Jake Peavy

rp - Joe Nathan, Billy Wagner, George Sherrill

Trades - Gave up Kerry Wood (rp) and Ty Wigginton (1,2,3) for Fausto Carmona (sp) and Jason Giambi (1)... that one bit me in the a**.

Drop/Add - Drop Giambi, Add McLouth - Drop Swisher, Add Gomez - Drop JR Towles, Add Doumit - Drop Aaron Hill, Add Kinsler - Drop Carmona, Add Bruce

Brian McCann(Atl - C)

Prince Fielder(Mil - 1B)

Chase Utley(Phi - 2B)

David Wright(NYM - 3B)

Hanley Ramírez(Fla - SS)

Nate McLouth(Pit - OF)

Ryan Braun(Mil - 3B,OF)

Pat Burrell(Phi - OF)

Jeremy Hermida(Fla - OF)

2 team league? Theres about 6 first rounders in that team, CRAZY

12 team roto 5x5

the only team i'm concerned about has the following offense:

berkman, hamilton, reyes, miggy, bradley, quentin, markakis, abreu...

yah that's scary, but his pitching is just meh and based on waiver pickups and injury prone guys, but because everyone elses pitching in my league is so awful, his staff with the likes of peavy(DL), sheets, harden, duscherer, ervin santana, litsche, colon...is right behind mine in nearly every stat even though my era is a whole 1.00 higher than his, 0.05 better whip, and 40 more k's in 20 less innings pitched.

i'll definitely have to make some trades to bolster my offense if i have a chance to compete.

Even though my team and another have been flip flopping for 1-2 most of the year, i am not worried about him. i am more worried about another team that has now risen to 3rd and if things go his way, can take first and run away with it.

this guy concentrated on starters and closers in early rounds - he had johan, webb, verlander, nathan, paps - so basically very good in all pitching cats - and he has pulled off 2 very dodgy trades - the first was a blatant rip off - he got Tejada, Abreu and A Soriano (just abt to come off DL then) for Papelbon, Keppinger and Burrell - even if other guy was desperate for saves, that trade is no where near balanced imo. the other trade got him Ortiz for Konerko (who is on the fa now) and Oswalt - a 2nd rounder for 2 7-8th rounders who are not all hot this year. that ortiz is now on DL is somewhat justice to me.

need less to say, thanks to tejada, ortiz and Soriano, he has gained hugely in hrs, rbis and still has room for improvement

but i still think i can beat him despite those lopsided trades. i'd be really pissed if he beats me at end of year - my team is totally dominating batting - 12 of 12 in all 5 cats with healthy buffers in all except sb - dont think no one can touch me here. my pitching (having lost yoga earlier) needs to shape up for me to compete with this guy - need to reduce my era and whip

Brian McCann(Atl - C)

Prince Fielder(Mil - 1B)

Chase Utley(Phi - 2B)

David Wright(NYM - 3B)

Hanley Ramírez(Fla - SS)

Nate McLouth(Pit - OF)

Ryan Braun(Mil - 3B,OF)

Pat Burrell(Phi - OF)

Jeremy Hermida(Fla - OF)

How in the hell?

2 team league? Theres about 6 first rounders in that team, CRAZY

Not 6. HanRam, Wright, Utley, and maybe Braun, but I get the point. Lots of studs on that team.

I keep shuffling between 2nd and 5th every week after being in first for the first month or so. The guy in first is 9.5 games ahead of me, so I'm starting to get a little worried I guess. Its still only the beginning of June tho so I'm not going to worry too much until at least the all star break.

Its awesome. 2 posts actually mention another team that they are scared of, per the Threads title. The rest are dudes that just can't resist patting themselves on the back. Next time do what the other guy did, and just put your team in as though it was someone else, then you can bask in the glow as other posters come and go, "What, is that like a negative 6 person league!?" And you can be like, "No, it totally a 12 team public yahoo." And he can be like, "Public yahoo?" Then you can both go to this thread which was made for bragging:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?show...&hl=awesome

In answer to the actual post - what I find interesting is that the two teams that I really did fear after draft night are not at all who scares me now. One guy has meticulously given away his top talent in marginal deals, and the other guy has seemed to have ever week ruined by some horrible outing between Beckett, Verlander and Meyers.

Always interesting how quickly the team that scares you can go from a team of uber-studs on April 1st to a squad led by McLouth, Volquez, Quentin and Rauch on June 1st.

Its awesome. 2 posts actually mention another team that they are scared of, per the Threads title. The rest are dudes that just can't resist patting themselves on the back. Next time do what the other guy did, and just put your team in as though it was someone else, then you can bask in the glow as other posters come and go, "What, is that like a negative 6 person league!?" And you can be like, "No, it totally a 12 team public yahoo." And he can be like, "Public yahoo?" Then you can both go to this thread which was made for bragging:

I mentioned that there are several teams poised for a 1st-place run. If you'd like to me to spell out their entire rosters, that's fine, but I'm not going to do that that....too much space required, and some of them have already made moves/trades since my previous post.

There are actually 8 teams within 7.5 games of me, that's the important part.

In the league in my sig it's a tight battle between another team and I for First, however I went away for 5 days without touching my team and I am winning 9-2 this week with a chance to go 10-1...Though that other team is starting to worry me, I have a feeling we will be battling ALL season. B)

I keep flip-flopping every day for 1st and this guy has made more then a few trades have have made his roster scary....

C - Tek

1B - Konerko

2B - Kent

3B - Aramis

SS - Reyes

CI - DLee

MI - J-Roll

OF - Vlad, Hamilton, Crawford, Damon, Matsui

UT - Jupton/Milledge

P - Johan, Oswalt, Maddux, Duch, Contreras, Lowe, Hudson, Lilly, Jenks, Sherill, and Soriano

DL - Schilling and Schmidt

Archived