NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyle Lowry 2018-2019 Season Outlook

kmoore1521

11 hours ago, driss lol said:

he's not trying at all and costing raptors games, smh.

Lowry has been exposed so many times. He IS trying, but he is just trash and Ujiri got played for that contract. People get fooled into thinking that he is good when he takes really bad shots (mostly 3's) and knocks them down. When you have the green light, and players like Curry have found a way to make shots like that consistently, that is how you fool fans and pretty much the league, into thinking that you are good. But then in pressure situations/games, the jig is up, and we see the same pattern time and time again. The 3 point contest results for Lowry speak for themselves.

Edited by bksm
  • Like 1

im not watching the games and i have benched him cause of the atrocious fg. 

Hes the reason im coasting in assists in my roto league. 

You honestly guys think he wont be able to pull it around and worth selling? Already got a few low ball offers. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

im not watching the games and i have benched him cause of the atrocious fg. 

Hes the reason im coasting in assists in my roto league. 

You honestly guys think he wont be able to pull it around and worth selling? Already got a few low ball offers. 

He’s also helping me a lot in assists in my roto league but he’s a negative in 9 cat as whatever he is helping you in assists he’s losing back in FG/TO.  So then you’re faced with the proposition of either not playing him and waiting to see if he improves to save games or trading him away.  It depends on how the rest of your team looks.  I’m in third bc the rest of my team is pretty good.  Lowry can’t really save my team but he can hurt it.  If I was out of the money I wouldn’t trade him as him getting back to full strength may be my only hope.  On the other hand, if I was out of the money I may want to shake it up idk.  Atm he’s not helping me where I need help which is mostly points, he’s hurting my FG/To, and I don’t need much assists/steals.  I suppose I have the luxury of not selling too low as I’m not desperate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2018/12/11 at 11:54 PM, bksm said:

Lowry has been exposed so many times. He IS trying, but he is just trash and Ujiri got played for that contract. People get fooled into thinking that he is good when he takes really bad shots (mostly 3's) and knocks them down. When you have the green light, and players like Curry have found a way to make shots like that consistently, that is how you fool fans and pretty much the league, into thinking that you are good. But then in pressure situations/games, the jig is up, and we see the same pattern time and time again. The 3 point contest results for Lowry speak for themselves.

Boy don't you look foolish after tonight's game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1