NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyle Lowry 2018-2019 Season Outlook

kmoore1521

Nick Nurse said that Kyle Lowry's (back) return will be a matter of pain tolerance.

Lowry received pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory injections for his lower back over the weekend, but Nurse re-iterated on Tuesday that he believes Lowry will be able to make it back to the court relatively soon. He was able to get up some pregame shots on Tuesday and plugged in beat reporter Josh Lewenberg said he "wouldn't be surprised" to see Lowry back in action on Thursday in San Antonio. Stay tuned.

Kyle Lowry (back) has been upgraded to questionable for Thursday's game in San Antonio.

Lowry will test his back at shootaround and will likely be a game-time call tonight, but Nick Nurse did say there's "an outside chance" he plays. While Lowry will never admit it to the media, you know that he views this game in San Antonio (the first time the Raptors and Spurs will face each other since the DeRozan-Leonard deal) as a big game, so he'll have some extra motivation to get out there tonight. Stay tuned.

If he plays tonight, is he good or is he going to take the next few games off again...?

14 hours ago, croydonfacelift said:

I think the way it goes is, one game back, then a groin issue or possibly hamstring, out two weeks. Back one week, then his back goes out again. As far as I can tell anyway. 

Can I borrow your crystal injury ball?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a roller coaster ride. Start off posting top 5 value then the brutal slump; came back to tease us with 2 great games then injured. Currently I don't know if the injury is still lingering or what but don't you miss the guy carrying our assists department? Where do you think he ends up finishing the season?

• 1 month later...

Lowry looks phenomenal with Gasol in the starting line up; he's cutting often and getting a lot more easy shots at the rim

Hopefully his back feels aight and is primed to finish the season strong. If Kawhi continues to sit, I can see Nurse rolling with Lowry to make sure they keep homecourt advantage in the semis