NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyle Lowry 2018-2019 Season Outlook

kmoore1521

18 minutes ago, PasqualeSiakam said:

Will there be rest days ahead for him for the remainder of the season?

I don't think he will rest. Coach Nick Nurse spoke the other day about all the guys being good and healthy. He also said that there would be less load management games for Kawhi who he just wants to be 100% healthy for the playoffs. It is possible Lowry misses one game come fantasy playoffs time but if that does happen it will most likely happen that one week they play 4 where there is a back to back set. The Raptors have 2 back to sets left this season (One this upcoming Sunday & Monday.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

anyone scooping lin? how bad was the injury?

FVV is the scoop not Lin.

Injury didn't look bad but he's now hurt both ankles. Even if it's minor, they need him healthy for they playoffs so expect some time off especially now that Freddie is back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StuPitt said:

This guy and Jeff Teague are killing me.  Solid at beginning of the season, but now miss more games than they play.  Then when they play it is out of the blue then they sit the next couple games.  Real PITAs.

I bet Tyus Jones and FVV will be on a lot of championship teams, specially if Lowry misses multiple games (and he should, they need him for IRL playoffs. Not sure why they felt the need to play him vs Knicks).

1 hour ago, Chickenmane said:

Anybody else considering dropping him if he doesn't play today? 

Depends on your situation. If you are in a tight fight and some of your options are comparable in value but also healthy , then sure. I'm doing pretty well in my semis right now so I can afford to hold on to him even if he doesnt play. Next week is a different story (if everything holds and I make finals).

8 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Depends on your situation. If you are in a tight fight and some of your options are comparable in value but also healthy , then sure. I'm doing pretty well in my semis right now so I can afford to hold on to him even if he doesnt play. Next week is a different story (if everything holds and I make finals).

At this point of the season you make any and all moves that would help you advance to the next round. Youre fighting for your life here, you're not planning for the future

• Like 1

Just now, Dirty Little Birdie said:

At this point of the season you make any and all moves that would help you advance to the next round. Youre fighting for your life here, you're not planning for the future

Our structure is winner of regular season (top seed) and winner of playoffs wins. If I give up Lowry now - even if I make it to the next round, I am pretty much going to lose and whoever picks him up, benefits heavily off him.

I also lost Love and Giannis a game each and had to drop Whiteside after his atrocious 5 minute game. I went from being confident against my matchup to conceding defeat if Giannis/Lowry/Love miss anymore games starting with tonight's game.

Just now, HBARZ93 said:

Our structure is winner of regular season (top seed) and winner of playoffs wins. If I give up Lowry now - even if I make it to the next round, I am pretty much going to lose and whoever picks him up, benefits heavily off him.

I also lost Love and Giannis a game each and had to drop Whiteside after his atrocious 5 minute game. I went from being confident against my matchup to conceding defeat if Giannis/Lowry/Love miss anymore games starting with tonight's game.

gotcha. your playoff dates are obviously also a big factor. im playing in the semis right now so my outlook would differ from yours. i hear what youre saying though. 

• Like 1

He's out, they pretty much have a good playoff spot locked up with no incentive to put him out there if not close to 90%. Dropped for Fred VanVleet it's championship or bust in my opinion no point of holding on to name players at this point in the season with unclarity that they will even play the rest of the week. GL to those who hold. 

Edited by megaplayboy