NBC Sports Edge Forums

Evan Fournier 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I benched in my weekly set lineup league. His turnaround starts tonight boys. You're welcome

Welp. That’s a career-ender. 

Congrats Evan, you saved yourself from the waiver wire for tonight

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I'm about to drop him I think. T Ross and Avery Bradley have both been playing well and are on the wire. Dude is just not offering me anything right now. 

i already got ross. might drop fournier for green who is about to clear in my league

Coming from someone who tries to watch all Magic games, Fournier isn’t good in real life this year at all.  He plays a lot with the second unit because Jerian Grant is terrible and Fournier is supposed to take on some playmaking responsibilities.  Well he isn’t a playmaker either.  I think putting the ball in his hands is a huge mistake. He actually does ok when he’s just a spot up shooter ala Korver but they’re trying to expand his responsibilities and turn him into something he’s not.  This is really hurting his value in real life and fantasy.  Add to that he was never a good defender and I don’t see how he can have any value.  The Magic’s best five is Augustin, Ross, Isaac, Gordon, and Vuc.  I’ve seen these guys getting more run and Fournier less run, which is a good thing, and Fournier has wasted the time he has.  I’m not saying drop him but if you’re hoping he turns it around don’t hold your breath.

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Coming from someone who tries to watch all Magic games, Fournier isn’t good in real life this year at all.  He plays a lot with the second unit because Jerian Grant is terrible and Fournier is supposed to take on some playmaking responsibilities.  Well he isn’t a playmaker either.  I think putting the ball in his hands is a huge mistake. He actually does ok when he’s just a spot up shooter ala Korver but they’re trying to expand his responsibilities and turn him into something he’s not.  This is really hurting his value in real life and fantasy.  Add to that he was never a good defender and I don’t see how he can have any value.  The Magic’s best five is Augustin, Ross, Isaac, Gordon, and Vuc.  I’ve seen these guys getting more run and Fournier less run, which is a good thing, and Fournier has wasted the time he has.  I’m not saying drop him but if you’re hoping he turns it around don’t hold your breath.

i blame the coach for trying to play him like batum.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, pyro7 said:

i blame the coach for trying to play him like batum.

Steve Clifford?  I actually blame Jerian Grant.  He's not an NBA player.  People like to minimize Augustin but he's stable, a good ball handler, can hit open shots, makes very few mistakes.  Ranks 3rd in A/TO ratio this year.  People will appreciate Augustin when they watch Grant by way of comparison.  Grant is so terrible it all but forces them to run Fournier with the second unit.