NBC Sports Edge Forums

Elfrid Payton 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, t.dot said:

I don't follow the Pelicans so can someone please explain what the hype is about? 

I don't really see the excitement from a fantasy perspective. He's ranked 183 for this season and finished last season ranked 129.

Well rankings don’t really mean much if he wasn’t healthy for a good portion of the season. Not sure about last year, never owned Payton. But this year obviously. If anything it’s a huge blow to Jrue Holliday owners. Kid was feasting 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DROP CITY

Relax.....  First of all, yesterday was a blowout.    Second of all, he had 4 fouls. Hence why Frazier played the majority of 3rd. Then Pels pulled away in 4th so no point to play him m

14 hours ago, t.dot said:

I don't follow the Pelicans so can someone please explain what the hype is about? 

I don't really see the excitement from a fantasy perspective. He's ranked 183 for this season and finished last season ranked 129.

His current averages are diluted due to 2 games this season where he was essentially injured and only played 15 and 8 minutes respectively followed by long absences.  In the 4 games where he actually played full minutes uninjured, he averaged 14.5/7/7/1stl/.25BLK/2.25TO/78%FT/51%FG/42.8% 3PT.  If he can just get close to those numbers he would be awesome.  

• Like 3
3 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

Love taking advantage of managers who are obsessed with rankings

It's a win win. Easy money. Shhhh

Edited by Bugs bunny
21 hours ago, t.dot said:

Opps, didn't see that @Kriggly posted the stat response I wrote as well. Here is the other reasons aside from the stat set being massively influenced by 2 injured games....Then you consider that Jrue hates playing the point. The team runs at a high pace. The bigs stretch the floor which give Elf room to get in the paint. And they have very little depth which means all the minutes he can handle. Yes, he has flaws to his game for fantasy, but his counting stats represent a massive upside to teams that need assists, boards, etc. I am really high on Elf and it is very obvious the Pels need him and Niko healthy to be competitive. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Opps, didn't see that @Kriggly posted the stat response I wrote as well. Here is the other reasons aside from the stat set being massively influenced by 2 injured games....Then you consider that Jrue hates playing the point. The team runs at a high pace. The bigs stretch the floor which give Elf room to get in the paint. And they have very little depth which means all the minutes he can handle. Yes, he has flaws to his game for fantasy, but his counting stats represent a massive upside to teams that need assists, boards, etc. I am really high on Elf and it is very obvious the Pels need him and Niko healthy to be competitive. 

I'm sharing the optimism. Traded to open up a roster spot for Elf. People forget that the Pels started the season 4-0 and Payton-Davis was near unstoppable in a fast paced offense.

Elfrid Payton (finger) is probable to play Monday against the Timberwolves.
Payton has been ramping up his workload at recent practices, and it looks like he'll finally get back out there on Monday following a six-week absence. He should immediately replace Tim Frazier in the starting five upon his return, and he'll take away some playmaking responsibilities from Jrue Holiday. Payton's upside isn't phenomenal, but he should be worth owning as the starting PG in Alvin Gentry's offense. Give him a look if you need some point guard stats. Dec 30 - 4:50 PM
  • Like 1

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but he went out in the 3Q holding his hand. He dove for a ball and immediately grabbed for it. Reminded me of the first break. Same hand. Same finger. Hoping it was a stinger and he checks back in. Hasn't happened yet. 

5 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but he went out in the 3Q holding his hand. He dove for a ball and immediately grabbed for it. Reminded me of the first break. Same hand. Same finger. Hoping it was a stinger and he checks back in. Hasn't happened yet. 

Hope not....Elf, Vooc and Turner on New Years Eve smh.

7 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

If he is gone for another couple weeks, he really needs to buy lotto (Not that he needs the money anyway). 

He lost his dribble with it. Taken out of the game. Announcers saying he isn't 100% yet and can't straighten it. Honestly, I hope they sit him for a week and let him fully heal and come back 100%. Not having a left hand is no good for a PG. 

43 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

He lost his dribble with it. Taken out of the game. Announcers saying he isn't 100% yet and can't straighten it. Honestly, I hope they sit him for a week and let him fully heal and come back 100%. Not having a left hand is no good for a PG. 

They said before the game that he was only going to be given 6 min stretches, so he was probably taken out of the game because he fulfilled his 24 min restriction.

2 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Umm... hes totally fine, over reaction much. 

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Crap.just dropped Frazier yesterday.  Thankyou for update though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1