NBC Sports Edge Forums

Javale McGee 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- Donald Trump is president of the United States.  - The Browns aren't horrible. - Lebron is on the Lakers with Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, Rajon Rondo and Javale Mcgee, and Mcgee is

What you described is a typical starter (reduced minutes) rotation.   Your last sentence may end up being true, but that is speculation at this point as we have only seen one game.  

If McGee called in sick for 4 days in a row and the company I work at, his a** would have been fired. Especially with the salary he is getting paid.  C'mon get on the court, cough and sneeze at the op

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, hyperionloop said:

How sustainable is his performance? I don't really follow him since I don't own him, but this jump in production is shocking to say the least. May be interested in trading for him. Is it likely that he regresses to the mean a bit?

he won't regress. his role is pretty secured. his back up is too old (Chandler) only way he will suck is if lakers trade for a C to take his starting role.

Wow! I leave for a few weeks and this thread goes sideways quickly!  Relax everyone.  Go back to my post on page 1 if you need to strengthen your confidence in this guy.  See what I wrote about him prior to the start of the season.  His value was not a surprise to those of us watching the Lakers.

This was a blowout, meaning they could afford to limit his minutes and he still posted 19 & 6 with 3 BLK on 90% FG. There is no reason to drop in 10+ teams if it is a fairly competitive league.  

His reputation has made it hard to trust that the production is sustainable, but he continues posting top-100 value after the Chandler acquisition.  If you’re punting AST or 3’s, he is top-50 over the Lakers last 12 gm.  

Strong hold imo.

Get well soon bra.....

JaVale McGee (illness) spent three days in the hospital because of pneumonia before being discharged on Saturday and will not play against the Grizzlies on Sunday.

• Like 1

If McGee called in sick for 4 days in a row and the company I work at, his a** would have been fired. Especially with the salary he is getting paid.  C'mon get on the court, cough and sneeze at the opposition and spread some cheers you Shaqtin' Fool.

2 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

If McGee called in sick for 4 days in a row and the company I work at, his a** would have been fired. Especially with the salary he is getting paid.  C'mon get on the court, cough and sneeze at the opposition and spread some cheers you Shaqtin' Fool.

He was hospitalized, very different than calling in sick and having a few coughs. 

Just now, ez2do4now said:

Really?

21 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

McGee is one of the best late round pick ups of the season and hasn't missed a game until now. He had pneumonia, get your head out your a** and let the man rest. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Do you slave away at a Nike sweatshop in S.Korea by any chance?

If a guy hit by pneumonia got back within four days at my firm, he would be sent back home and given a raise and a medal. 

2 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Can't tell if you're trolling but if you aren't, a lot of people here on these forums I'd reckon don't work in retail/services. This means that (and I'm sorry if you're under-aged or not working yet full time yet) you have these things called sick days... which any reputable company will let you take as many of for things like the common flu/cold. 

In America, it's crazy but the more money you make, the more days off and freedom you're actually given with respect to things like illnesses. Whether or not you may think that's fair (I don't think it is), McGee's salary has no implication on why he should be playing or not. He's been balling, is their starting center and is only going to miss maybe 1-2 more games max. Zubac isn't going to surpass him and he's vital to their defense. 

• Like 1