NBC Sports Edge Forums

Javale McGee 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

His production really seems to be tied with having James and Rondo around. The other lakers cant seem to feed him easy looks.

Agreed, when LeBron comes back he'll be back in business, it's just been rough with Ball being the only passer on the team. 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- Donald Trump is president of the United States.  - The Browns aren't horrible. - Lebron is on the Lakers with Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, Rajon Rondo and Javale Mcgee, and Mcgee is

What you described is a typical starter (reduced minutes) rotation.   Your last sentence may end up being true, but that is speculation at this point as we have only seen one game.  

If McGee called in sick for 4 days in a row and the company I work at, his a** would have been fired. Especially with the salary he is getting paid.  C'mon get on the court, cough and sneeze at the op

Posted Images

He's playing with a grip of ball hogs right now.  Both Kuz and Ingram look nowhere but the rim once they touch the ball.  As others have said, his numbers should improve when the team is healthy.

lol. The Rotoworld blurb got it right when they said Walton is “grasping at straws.” I’ve watched almost all the Lakers games this season... Chandler’s not going to improve their threes, free throw shooting, poor ball movement, and poor decision-making.

Not too worried about McGee getting his minutes, but I am concerned at him on the floor as the same time as Lance, who will dribble for the entire 24 second shot clock. Who knows though

2 hours ago, hoop said:

lol. The Rotoworld blurb got it right when they said Walton is “grasping at straws.” I’ve watched almost all the Lakers games this season... Chandler’s not going to improve their threes, free throw shooting, poor ball movement, and poor decision-making.

Not too worried about McGee getting his minutes, but I am concerned at him on the floor as the same time as Lance, who will dribble for the entire 24 second shot clock. Who knows though

Desperation move with minimal impact. They just gotta beat the Bulls at home tonight. Agreed with the above comments on LBJ n Rondo being crucial for McGee's fantasy value. 

Only one game against the lowly Bulls, but doesn't look good so far for McGee. Chandler had his second-highest minute total, 26. McGee had 14 (two other bench players had more minutes than him, but he still played more than Zubac). +19 plus-minus for Chandler, highest among everyone.

Even when Bron was healthy, McGee had been starting, but I noticed Walton staggered it so Chandler got plenty of run w/ the starters and McGee played with the reserves a lot.

Hoping Chandler starting is only temporary. Prior to Lebron's injury, the were playing better, so hopefully they revert back to it.

If they stop the madness of playing 3 Cs every night his value will be ok even off the bench. If Zubac keeps getting minutes then that's a problem. Who plays 3 Centers? I think most teams even play just 1 real C.

Edited by RipCity0
1 hour ago, WatchUrAnkle said:

Getting really hard to hold. No trade value either. I'll grind it out till Bron's back and see how he does.

Yep, pretty much. I might pick up Zubac too, I'm sitting on it. He's had flash of brilliance for the past several seasons now. Once Bron's back, and Rondo too, I imagine McGee will look better. He's not meshing with the current lineups.

Sigh it was fun owning blocks in my league while it lasted...

2 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

lebron was calling him DPOY early in the year lol sad cuz i coulda moved him for capela in the first few weeks, but said no cuz of his uber blocks. he had to be dropped which sucks

you have held this long, why not just wait for LeBron's return and see what happens? Bron shouldn't be out for long right?

If you're ahead hold, if you're behind and  have someone hot on the waivers drop.

Zu before this game played 8, 11, and 14 minutes. The rotation is not clear and will be changed again once Bron is back which hopefully revives McGee. 

3 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

lebron was calling him DPOY early in the year lol sad cuz i coulda moved him for capela in the first few weeks, but said no cuz of his uber blocks. he had to be dropped which sucks

If I had said no to Capela I would just keep him out of shame. Just hold him man for three more games.

Edited by RipCity0