NBC Sports Edge Forums

Javale McGee 2018-2019 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, battaginlemon said:

He's not getting 22mpg, his usage will depend on matchups. He was against Nurk tonight so they needed him, he will play 20+ against some teams and 10 against others.. 

This is the post of someone who did not watch the game.  Nurk played limited minutes in this game (17 minutes vs Collins 26)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- Donald Trump is president of the United States.  - The Browns aren't horrible. - Lebron is on the Lakers with Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, Rajon Rondo and Javale Mcgee, and Mcgee is

What you described is a typical starter (reduced minutes) rotation.   Your last sentence may end up being true, but that is speculation at this point as we have only seen one game.  

If McGee called in sick for 4 days in a row and the company I work at, his a** would have been fired. Especially with the salary he is getting paid.  C'mon get on the court, cough and sneeze at the op

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

This is the post of someone who did not watch the game.  Nurk played limited minutes in this game (17 minutes vs Collins 26)

JaVale was on the court for pretty much all of those 17 minutes tho.

They both started the game, and JV was matched up against Nurk until he got subbed out after 5 minutes.

In the 2nd quarter they both got subbed in at the same time, and played the remaining 7 minutes.

They also played toghether at the start of the 3rd quarter, then Nurk got subbed out and JaVale was taken out shortly after.
Nurk didn't play at all in the 4th, and McGee was benched for most of the quarter, playing only 2 minutes towards the end. 

JaVale's precence on the court is definitely related to the opposing team's center, that's undeniable. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, battaginlemon said:

JaVale was on the court for pretty much all of those 17 minutes tho.

They both started the game, and JV was matched up against Nurk until he got subbed out after 5 minutes.

In the 2nd quarter they both got subbed in at the same time, and played the remaining 7 minutes.

They also played toghether at the start of the 3rd quarter, then Nurk got subbed out and JaVale was taken out shortly after.
Nurk didn't play at all in the 4th, and McGee was benched for most of the quarter, playing only 2 minutes towards the end. 

JaVale's precence on the court is definitely related to the opposing team's center, that's undeniable. 

What you described is a typical starter (reduced minutes) rotation.

Your last sentence may end up being true, but that is speculation at this point as we have only seen one game.

As a side note, a tally of the starting centers for WC teams:

DAL - DeAndre Jordan

DEN - Nikola Jokic

GS - Damian Jones

HOU - Clint Capela

LAC - Marcin Gortat

MEM - Marc Gasol

MIN - Karl-Anthony Towns

NO - Anthony Davis

OKC - Steven Adams

PHO - DeAndre Ayton

POR - Jusuf Nurkic

SA - Pau Gasol

SAC - Willie Cauley Stein

UT - Rudy Gobert

I am curious which of these players people think McGee "does not match up with"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

What you described is a typical starter (reduced minutes) rotation.

Your last sentence may end up being true, but that is speculation at this point as we have only seen one game.

As a side note, a tally of the starting centers for WC teams:

DAL - DeAndre Jordan

DEN - Nikola Jokic

GS - Damian Jones

HOU - Clint Capela

LAC - Marcin Gortat

MEM - Marc Gasol

MIN - Karl-Anthony Towns

NO - Anthony Davis

OKC - Steven Adams

PHO - DeAndre Ayton

POR - Jusuf Nurkic

SA - Pau Gasol

SAC - Willie Cauley Stein

UT - Rudy Gobert

I am curious which of these players people think McGee "does not match up with"

Well when you put it out there like that.... maybe he does get 20 - 25 minutes per game.  Anybody watch?  Did he pass the eye test?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, battaginlemon said:

He's not getting 22mpg, his usage will depend on matchups. He was against Nurk tonight so they needed him, he will play 20+ against some teams and 10 against others.. 

Nurkic only played 17 minutes. You're trying to use logic when Walton is allergic to it.  But yeah, expect many disappointments if you have a Laker fantasy player not named Lebron as long as Walton is the coach.

5 hours ago, fabrar said:

He's not gonna get 20 minutes. This was matchup based. He has asthma and it's physically impossible for him to be on the court for that long consistently. I'd temper my expectations unless you're in a very deep league.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Well when you put it out there like that.... maybe he does get 20 - 25 minutes per game.  Anybody watch?  Did he pass the eye test?

I watched whole game. He got his numbers but man does he look slow and seemed keep getting hit in the face. Def a serviceable center for plug and play but I cant see him lasting a full season.

58 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I watched whole game. He got his numbers but man does he look slow and seemed keep getting hit in the face. Def a serviceable center for plug and play but I cant see him lasting a full season.

Slow? He is an athletic freak!  what are you talking about?  and you're blaming him for getting hit in the face? :huh:

If you look at my original post, you'll see exactly how the Lakers intend on using JaVale.  It really is no secret since there really are no other options at center.  To much speculation when the facts are obvious.

Walton is a smart coach.  He's going to give JaVale what he can handle with that asthma.  It's unfortunate that he can't be used more, but as long as Walton continues to maximize what he can out of JaVale, then McGee will continue to be worth rostering.

I am guessing he should benched today if you have him because the Lakers are playing the Rockets and javale should get lower minutes  cause of their playing style and Lakers may want a smaller lineup by using more of kuzma at Center?

2 hours ago, magic32 said:

I am guessing he should benched today if you have him because the Lakers are playing the Rockets and javale should get lower minutes  cause of their playing style and Lakers may want a smaller lineup by using more of kuzma at Center?

Think he plays more today against capella, kuz will get murdered on the defensive end

• Like 1
2 hours ago, magic32 said:

Kuzma at center is not working out and the FO sees that. They just signed Jonathan Williams on a two-way deal and he's been more successful as a small 5 than Kuz during the preseason games. 

23 hours ago, QCJLo said:

If you look at my original post, you'll see exactly how the Lakers intend on using JaVale.  It really is no secret since there really are no other options at center.  To much speculation when the facts are obvious.

Walton is a smart coach.  He's going to give JaVale what he can handle with that asthma.  It's unfortunate that he can't be used more, but as long as Walton continues to maximize what he can out of JaVale, then McGee will continue to be worth rostering.

Javale said in an interview weeks ago that asthma is a non-issue and he could play more minutes. 

3 hours ago, magic32 said:

would think the opposite with Capela in the lineup. They don't have anyone who can stop him but McGee

9 hours ago, magic32 said:

yeah hope you guys all benched javale lmfao just stop posting