NBC Sports Edge Forums

Javale McGee 2018-2019 Season Outlook

45 minutes ago, T_Rex said:

Traded Ayton for him, Javale will be a monster this year!

Some dude in my league was  infatuated with ayton. I was high on him too. We made a deal: my middleton, ayton, wiggins, ibaka, for his wall, tobias harris, j rich, and javale. Javale was just a throw in but now hes the steal of the trade lmaoo

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- Donald Trump is president of the United States.  - The Browns aren't horrible. - Lebron is on the Lakers with Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, Rajon Rondo and Javale Mcgee, and Mcgee is

What you described is a typical starter (reduced minutes) rotation.   Your last sentence may end up being true, but that is speculation at this point as we have only seen one game.  

If McGee called in sick for 4 days in a row and the company I work at, his a** would have been fired. Especially with the salary he is getting paid.  C'mon get on the court, cough and sneeze at the op

Posted Images

Just now, stickman786 said:

my middleton, ayton, wiggins, ibaka, for his wall, tobias harris, j rich, and javale. Javale was just a throw in but now hes the steal of the trade lmaoo

Javale is the steal of the trade? The entire one-sided deal is a grand theft. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Javale is the steal of the trade? The entire one-sided deal is a grand theft. 

Yes sirrrrrrrrr haha. He’s overrating ayton. Some people are thinking hes going to produce like towns in his rookie year. Well thats top ten value.

6 hours ago, panthers93 said:

yeah hope you guys all benched javale lmfao just stop posting

Hey genius, posting AFTER the game with a comment like that only makes you look like the tool that you have proven to be on this forum in a short amount of time. Of course, you had nothing to add prior to the game. Everyone knows walton is a horrible coach and has inconsistent rotations. He could have just as easily played javale 10 minutes, but of course that would mean you wouldn't be able to say a db line like that. if you have nothing to contribute here, stfu.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know if there is any way to block Magic32 so I don't have to read his posts?  I've read enough from him throughout this thread to know he won't add anything meaningful to a discussion.

Edited: Nevermind, I found it.  For those that don't know, hover your cursor over his name and an option will appear: "Ignore user."

Edited by QCJLo
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, QCJLo said:

Does anyone know if there is any way to block Magic32 so I don't have to read his posts?  I've read enough from him throughout this thread to know he won't add anything meaningful to a discussion.

Edited: Nevermind, I found it.  For those that don't know, hover your cursor over his name and an option will appear: "Ignore user."

hahaha :lol:  what a tool!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

yupppp unfortunately he had foul trouble in the third and late 2nd. So many touch fouls. If they let them play he would have had a bigger line than what he has.

The guy in my league drafted him 140-150 pick and now is demanding insane trade value for him LOL

Is it just me, or does McGee actually seem (dare I say) indispensable to the Lakers' current style of play? His offensive boards, dunks and alley oops, rim protection, energy and athleticism, drawing attention at the rim - these all seem crucial to the current uptempo style

Being a Warriors fan for so long, it felt odd at first to see him get reinserted in the 4th quarter, lol. They really value his presence - and in crunch time, to boot

1 hour ago, hoop said:

Is it just me, or does McGee actually seem (dare I say) indispensable to the Lakers' current style of play? His offensive boards, dunks and alley oops, rim protection, energy and athleticism, drawing attention at the rim - these all seem crucial to the current uptempo style

Being a Warriors fan for so long, it felt odd at first to see him get reinserted in the 4th quarter, lol. They really value his presence - and in crunch time, to boot

His energy is contagious bruh- Jarvis Landry

He's still prone to doing some things that made him the Shaqtin A Fool poster child.  Watch the highlights against Houston and there is one possession where he was in the highpost and decided to size up his defender which included a between the legs dribble and then pulled off a BS fadeaway jumpshot.  LeCoach's unbelieving reaction when he actually made it...

6 hours ago, tyeee said:

The guy in my league drafted him 140-150 pick and now is demanding insane trade value for him LOL

I just picked him up in my league yesterday for free (did it before the game cause Whiteside and Capela only have 2 Games this week)

Edited by Dominator83

Here's what we learned from that game:

Kuzma is overwhelmed playing center and it is effecting his game.  The move back to the forward spot to fill in for the suspended Ingram placed him into a much more familiar and comfortable spot.  He thrived again, going off for 37 points.  The question now is, how will he be utilized?  Ingram is shelved for three more games, so we get to watch this process unfold.  I really don't know how many more minutes JaVale is capable of playing.  I know that Walton is maximizing his abilities.  It's possible that he knows pushing for more will result in a net-negative for McGee.

If Kuzma can't play center, who will?  Zubac played 5 minutes and picked up 5 fouls.  Beasley looks lost.  Interestingly, Jonathan Williams played 14 very productive minutes.  He ended the game with 8 points, 4 rebounds and 3 blocks.  However, I think this was just a good game from him and not something to expect.

Bottom line: JaVale still has no competition and the Lakers continue to depend heavily upon him.  I would fully expect that the Lakers will be looking to add a piece at the trade deadline or via waivers.  I doubt it will be anything more than the back up to JaVale though.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

how was he still available?

Probably because he's been in the league for years and hasn't been fantasy relevant in several. Im on CBS and he's STILL only 71% owned even after last night! I'm in a points league and he's been a steady 33-34 points in each of his 3 games so far. That's not anything spectacular, that's just solid. But if he keeps doing that im gonna hold for sure because solid centers are extremely hard to come by via the wire. By far the hardest position to fill when you need a backup. Theyre like running backs in football 

so yea I'm pretty astounded myself that this guy hasn't been scooped up universally yet. I'm guessing people expect him to flame out eventually 

• Like 1