NBC Sports Edge Forums

Javale McGee 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- Donald Trump is president of the United States.  - The Browns aren't horrible. - Lebron is on the Lakers with Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, Rajon Rondo and Javale Mcgee, and Mcgee is

What you described is a typical starter (reduced minutes) rotation.   Your last sentence may end up being true, but that is speculation at this point as we have only seen one game.  

If McGee called in sick for 4 days in a row and the company I work at, his a** would have been fired. Especially with the salary he is getting paid.  C'mon get on the court, cough and sneeze at the op

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Ajax said:

I regret not drafting this knucklehead!   :(

For those of you that were savvy enough to target him, enjoy the ride!   :P

me too,still can't believe this season is his career year,lol:P

• Haha 1

Media has always clowned this guy and I think everyone loves an underdog (with an NBA champion ring). If you look at his per minute numbers even during his late years, he always put up good numbers. I think the only thing that was always uncertain was his minutes. 

Let's hope the man keeps it up. Redemption of Javale in Hollywood, take that Shaq!

1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

Media has always clowned this guy and I think everyone loves an underdog (with an NBA champion ring). If you look at his per minute numbers even during his late years, he always put up good numbers. I think the only thing that was always uncertain was his minutes. 

Let's hope the man keeps it up. Redemption of Javale in Hollywood, take that Shaq!

Come on man let's be real here.  Anybody who has been following the NBA since Mcgee was in Washington knows Mcgee was his own worst enemy.  Body built for basketball but a brain built for a chimp.  If Mcgee keeps this up for the rest of the season, or even until some time after AS break, this will go down as one of the top 5 redemption stories in the NBA in the past decade.  Going from being the no.1 example of 'immense talent but immense idiot' and being so bad he became a meme, to not only a serviceable C but a statistically dominant one and potential league leader in blocks.  I hope he avoids injury because I want to see the Shaqtin King play like this for the entire season and see what Shaq has to say at the end of it all.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, magic32 said:

it was fun while it lasted. 

Are you Magic Johnson and you know something or you are afraid of the great Tyson Chandler that is getting blocked by the rim nowadays?

Edited by RipCity0
12 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Are you Magic Johnson and you know something or you are afraid of the great Tyson Chandler that is getting blocked by the rim nowadays?

Chandler will cut into Javale's minutes, unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Chandler will cut into Javale's minutes, unfortunately. 

Javale plays 27 mins on average. There is 21 minutes left, Chandler probably gets 15 of those and the rest go to small ball lineups with Kuzma or LeBron at C.

16 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Javale plays 27 mins on average. There is 21 minutes left, Chandler probably gets 15 of those and the rest go to small ball lineups with Kuzma or LeBron at C.

Javale got that many minutes cause there was no one decent to back him up. Everyone thought he would play 20 minutes at maximum this year and with Chandler in the mix, it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. Plus don't forget that Walton is the worst coach in the league, so expect the worst. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Javale got that many minutes cause there was no one decent to back him up. Everyone thought he would play 20 minutes at maximum this year and with Chandler in the mix, it wouldn't surprise me if that happens. Plus don't forget that Walton is the worst coach in the league, so expect the worst. 

Nobody expected him to produce what he is producing right now, so it was normal to expect 20 mins. The way he has played though it would be lunacy to limit him to 20 minutes. It's not that Chandler at 36 years old can play 25 mins at this pace.

9 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Nobody expected him to produce what he is producing right now, so it was normal to expect 20 mins. The way he has played though it would be lunacy to limit him to 20 minutes. It's not that Chandler at 36 years old can play 25 mins at this pace.

you are trying to apply logic with an illogical coach. If he was able to give Zubic 20 minutes in a tight game last night, imagine adding Chandler to the mix. There is no way Javale's minutes stays the same. 

• Like 1

Javale is a fantastic fit for how this team plays. Easy target on pick and rolls offensively, erases a lot of the mistakes they make on defense. Chandler probably keeps him from getting minutes in the high-20s, but all Javale needs is 20-22 mins to put up 12 & 6 with 2 blocks. He won't be this consistent all year, but if we get 70+ more games of this guy getting 20+ mins, then he should end up as one of the bigger draft day steals. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Red Sox Nation said:

Javale is a fantastic fit for how this team plays. Easy target on pick and rolls offensively, erases a lot of the mistakes they make on defense. Chandler probably keeps him from getting minutes in the high-20s, but all Javale needs is 20-22 mins to put up 12 & 6 with 2 blocks. He won't be this consistent all year, but if we get 70+ more games of this guy getting 20+ mins, then he should end up as one of the bigger draft day steals. 

Agreed!   Even with Chandler in the picture, he won't get more than 15 to 18 minutes a game, and McGee should still be getting 24+, which is more than enough for him to return top 50 or higher value, which would be mind blowing considering where he was being drafted. Like somebody else said above, it's like getting Gobert in the late rounds.

• Like 1

With Chandler coming on board, this should have no effect on McGee.  Chandler has certainly lost a step.  However, this move out of a bad situation with the Suns I can see having a very positive effect on Chandler.  We might even see a revitalized 36 year old player.  But I imagine he won't be pushing past 15 minutes per game.  Thus, he should only compliment McGee.

Edit: I should throw in a little bit more.  An interesting contrast for Chandler is that many Suns fans were calling for Chandler to be benched in favor of Richaun Holmes.  The Suns failed with Tyson when they signed him four years ago to lure in LaMarcus Aldridge.  They've been saddled with him ever since.  It was incredibly odd that Chandler got cut in November.  These things usually don't take place until February.  So it was obvious the organization wanted to move past Chandler to continue the development of their youth.  Word is that Chandler and the Suns front office have been discussing this for awhile.  And that is the key!  With that information, look at the one good game that Chandler had this year.  That's right, it was six games ago against the Lakers.  Was he auditioning?  Sure seems like it.

Edited by QCJLo
21 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

4 minutes into the second half and he got subbed for chandler. hmmm 

lakers are just trying out their new toy. i highly doubt chandler can play more than15 mins. he is just a few years younger than the coach lol