Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He isnt limping, he is dragging his feet. Assuming this just helps with conditioning without having to put too much pressure on the Achilles. They wouldnt be ramping up his work and allowing him to pr

Thanks for sharing. 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Gorgeous George said:

Next year.

Cousins is already doing 3 on 3 light contact work. Signed a 1 year deal, you think they won't use him?

 

He's a steal anywhere after 75 imo but you likely can wait even longer to grab him. Sure Achilles injuries are awful but before that this guy was the no 1 point scorer in points leagues and it wasn't particularly close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WadeW said:

When does everyone anticipate him returning?? I’m holding him in a 10-team league with no IR spot. 

No point holding him for playoffs if you don’t make it, right? 

I wouldn’t have drafted him in a 10 team redraft H2H league without an IR spot.  But now that you’ve done that I wouldn’t drop him.  The only way I’d get rid of him is through a trade for someone of value or if a can’t miss prospect is on the wire.  Otherwise you’re committed to him.  Drafting him then dropping him basically just gave free value to whoever picks him up. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I wouldn’t have drafted him in a 10 team redraft H2H league without an IR spot.  But now that you’ve done that I wouldn’t drop him.  The only way I’d get rid of him is through a trade for someone of value or if a can’t miss prospect is on the wire.  Otherwise you’re committed to him.  Drafting him then dropping him basically just gave free value to whoever picks him up. 

My draft had 30 second timers..... he was an impulse add.

if he will be useless until February, I don’t wanna hold him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WadeW said:

My draft had 30 second timers..... he was an impulse add.

if he will be useless until February, I don’t wanna hold him 

 

He could very well be useless until February. Assuming he's able to return by January, it could be February by the time he's getting decent run. That said, Stifle makes a good point. If you drop him now and aren't able to pick him back up when he's useful, you just helped another team in your league tremendously. Kind of a tough spot to be in. If it was me I'd probably hold onto him as long as I could, assuming it doesn't wreck your chance at the playoffs. If your odds of making the playoffs start to look grim, then by all means cut him.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, misterj said:

 

He could very well be useless until February. Assuming he's able to return by January, it could be February by the time he's getting decent run. That said, Stifle makes a good point. If you drop him now and aren't able to pick him back up when he's useful, you just helped another team in your league tremendously. Kind of a tough spot to be in. If it was me I'd probably hold onto him as long as I could, assuming it doesn't wreck your chance at the playoffs. If your odds of making the playoffs start to look grim, then by all means cut him.

 

 

I would go in a different direction. Drop him now and don't look back if you are not able to compete with one less player on a team. They don't rush DMC back so I would also guess February is the time to use him. The longer you hold him the harder the cut will be when it is really necessary to make the playoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, primetime166 said:

I just need to know if he is coming back this calendar year. 

 

Obviously I cannot know 100%, but I would be in complete shock if he played in 2018.

 

They are playing for a championship. They don’t really need him, but he makes them unbeatable if he is close to what he was. He is coming off of the worst injury you can have in basketball. He will need some time to get acclimated, but they will not rush him considering the injury and bringing him back this calendar year would be too soon.

 

Sometime January/February is what it should be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is also in his best interest to take his time & make sure he is 100% healthy with no setbacks as Demarcus is also playing for a contract. He may get a max contract but it wll only be limited to teams with questionable management if ever there are signs that his recovery isn't going well knowing that he is big man that is coming back from an Achilles injury

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

I'm not sure if a David West role sounds that appealing

 

I call BS. West played like 12 mins a game.

 

I think kerr is saying that Cousins will be "the guy" with a high usage playing with the second unit, rather than him being lost in sharing the ball with the star-studded starting crew. I

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

well i dont think anyone is expecting neither Kings' Cousins nor Pelicans' Cousins. The fact that Cousins is destined to fill West' role in GSW doesnt mean he will have similar numbers with him. Dont get confused and compare Cousins and aged West as players just because they will have similar roles. That news aint a bit dissapointing to me. The only worrisome thing with Cousins is his return date and the physical state he will be in, after the worst injury a big guy can have. Seeing released workout videos of him now and then, is kinda relieving.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is absolutely crazy to say David West role....

 

I thought that he'd be playing quite a bit at a primary role near the end of the season to boost his value to prove he's still a star considering the fact that he's going to be a free agent..... Rest Curry and Durant down the stretch, let Cousins get warm and ready come playoff time.... I'm hopeful they meant a David West role by solely coming off of the bench .... that's it. It'd be pathetic if they limit his touches to little or none considering his talent... That's just my thoughts though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather a Speights type role where they see if he has "it" early in the game and if so let him beast out the rest of the game. If not limit his minutes to preserve him. 

 

Speights would tear it up every 5 game or so, and Boogie is a magnitudes better version of that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...