NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marvin Bagley III 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This kid's amazing. He should be featured much more and start over nemanja.

• 2 weeks later...

Can tell that he is poised for a breakout he is quite productive in limited mins. Is he gonna be a punt ft guy though? His attempts are high for the mins he plays and he shooting under 60%...if it continues i will look to move him in maybe 3 weeks when his role expands. Wanted him for sac awesome plauoff sched tho

39 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Can tell that he is poised for a breakout he is quite productive in limited mins. Is he gonna be a punt ft guy though? His attempts are high for the mins he plays and he shooting under 60%...if it continues i will look to move him in maybe 3 weeks when his role expands. Wanted him for sac awesome plauoff sched tho

He is a great add for punt built team. If you care about FT%, I am not sure if he is worth it. 

He shoot low % free throw in college. With his role expanding, he might hurt this category even more.

Honestly I was disappointed in what I saw last night.  Dumb fouls and didn’t take advantage of a depleted Pistons team. Everyone should be getting a bunch of rebounds with Drummond out, yet he only got 2.

I wonder if the breakout happens in season 2 and not post ASB.

4 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Honestly I was disappointed in what I saw last night.  Dumb fouls and didn’t take advantage of a depleted Pistons team. Everyone should be getting a bunch of rebounds with Drummond out, yet he only got 2.

I wonder if the breakout happens in season 2 and not post ASB.

I dunno. Remember he is coming off missing a decent amount of time. Lets see what he is doing at the end of next week and assess. Sacs 4 4 4 schedule makes him a better hold than normal

I picked up Faried yesterday.

If he doesn't have good production tomorrow, I'm drop city on him.

The 4-4-4 schedule is very tempting but I need to secure a playoff spot before even thinking about it.

On 1/20/2019 at 4:32 PM, richg24 said:

I dunno. Remember he is coming off missing a decent amount of time. Lets see what he is doing at the end of next week and assess. Sacs 4 4 4 schedule makes him a better hold than normal

and this is why you hold. 

On 1/22/2019 at 7:13 PM, wisegeeks said:

I picked up Faried yesterday.

If he doesn't have good production tomorrow, I'm drop city on him.

The 4-4-4 schedule is very tempting but I need to secure a playoff spot before even thinking about it.

He was 1 game away from being dropped. Very timely that Bjelica wasn't around. A bit impressive as well that he did it against a top tier TOR team.

Bigger problem is I want them all: Faried, Bagley and Okafor but I can only choose two.

Will have a close look on Faried and Okafor's production tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

He was 1 game away from being dropped. Very timely that Bjelica wasn't around. A bit impressive as well that he did it against a top tier TOR team.

Bigger problem is I want them all: Faried, Bagley and Okafor but I can only choose two.

Lol got the same problem :D had to drop Huerter until I find out (doesn't seem like any guys in my league will pick him up before he is cleared to return (too many injuries in all of our squads)

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

bruh some advice...faried and okafor are irrelevant scrubs that will fade into obscurity within 2 or 3 weeks of ownership. bagley can be a top 60 player ros, if he gets like 30 min he is gonna produce big points and rebs and throw in steals/blocks, how he ranks will depend on his ft%. 

19 minutes ago, richg24 said:

bruh some advice...faried and okafor are irrelevant scrubs that will fade into obscurity within 2 or 3 weeks of ownership. bagley can be a top 60 player ros, if he gets like 30 min he is gonna produce big points and rebs and throw in steals/blocks, how he ranks will depend on his ft%. 

Faried yes.. But Okafor could be the real deal. The Davis situation is shady as hell and Pels could be out of the playoff race when AD returns

53 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Faried yes.. But Okafor could be the real deal. The Davis situation is shady as hell and Pels could be out of the playoff race when AD returns

Okafor has talent but he hasn't really played serious time for so long that I think if he is pushed into that type of role he will end up with an injury really quickly (he also seems very fragile to begin with), but I agree that he has good upside in scoring and rebs. 

There's 0 reason to take Okafor or faried over bagley. They are both on borrowed time pushed into their role as an emergency. Bagley is a 2nd overall pick on a team pushing for the playoffs and focused on youth development. It's a no brainer. 

• Like 3

I feel like Bagley’s potential is overblown.

His strengths lie in PTS/REB and possibly FG% - but if he’s going to produce in these categories he needs minutes, which will increase his FTA and thus make his low FT% pretty significant. Also, he doesn’t seem to produce consistent stocks and his TOs are average. I only see top-100 potential at best ROS... and that’s IF he averages 30+ mins.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Boner said:

I feel like Bagley’s potential is overblown.

His strengths lie in PTS/REB and possibly FG% - but if he’s going to produce in these categories he needs minutes, which will increase his FTA and thus make his low FT% pretty significant. Also, he doesn’t seem to produce consistent stocks and his TOs are average. I only see top-100 potential at best ROS... and that’s IF he averages 30+ mins.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

He's also at 0.9 blocks on the season on 23:26 minutes. Pretty likely that stat will increase as the minutes increase. 12 team+ definitely an add. 10 team prob not unless very build specific due to ft%.