NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Bell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

16 hours ago, rakmjn1 said:

Is Kerr trying to teach him a lesson here? Does anyone know his defensive impact last year - his statistical rating? I though it was outstanding - esp for a rookie

They have boogie, the team is a joke. Their championships, dynasty are meaningless. Unfortunately, Bell will have to wait it out until next season when Boogie, Klay, & KD leave then the NBA can return to having competitive finals.

• Like 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jordan Bell - F/C -  Warriors Jordan Bell said he made it the whole month of August without eating any candy, cookies, cake, brownies, or donuts. "Definitely going to cut the j

Warriors are a GOAT caliber team with 4 Hall of Famers in their prime in the starting lineup.  Developing 2nd round centers is not the order of the day.   If you're waiting for the Warriors

His blocker was Kerr, now Kerr says he wants to play him. Who am I to argue with him?   For all we know, this was Kerr's zen master plan all along.

3 hours ago, EmbiidGOAT said:

They have boogie, the team is a joke. Their championships, dynasty are meaningless. Unfortunately, Bell will have to wait it out until next season when Boogie, Klay, & KD leave then the NBA can return to having competitive finals.

Bell is an RFA next year - unless he is a complete headcase/locker room problem (and I don't think that?) he will get an offer and he will be gone

On 10/27/2018 at 12:47 PM, My Dinner With Andre said:

I want to cut this guy but he's averaging 2.2 steals and 3.6 blocks per 36 minutes this year.

The only guy in the vicinity of this stl + blk potential is........Anthony Davis (!) at 2.5 steals and 3.7 blocks per 36.

I just can't bring myself to dump these potential stocks...

You can't block shots if you don't get minutes...I get the appeal, but everyday that goes by is one day closer to Boogie's return. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

You can't block shots if you don't get minutes...I get the appeal, but everyday that goes by is one day closer to Boogie's return. 

True. I should add that I own Draymond. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if Dray went down and Bell produced for another owner.

Although at this point I'm having doubts Bell would even be the replacement for Draymond if there was an injury.

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

True. I should add that I own Draymond. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if Dray went down and Bell produced for another owner.

Although at this point I'm having doubts Bell would even be the replacement for Draymond if there was an injury.

I feel your struggle...this is the tricky part of fantasy when you play defensively/scared with your roster. It usually feels better to be offensive/aggressive with your moves, but you will never escape the hindsight 20/20 dilemma. Obviously, you need to apply your league settings and team roster context to your situation, but in general Jordan Bell is on a lot of waivers right now so you can probably take some comfort in that. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, bmz0709 said:

Thoughts on picking Bell up for this week? GSW have a 5 game schedule for the week combined with Bell playing playing 20+ minutes the past 3 games make it intriguing. Not sure if he'll be productive enough to make it worthwhile though.

Picked him up for Winslow in my streaming roster spot, fits pretty nice into my lineup for the week regarding my other players off days. We'll see how he does for the week, no biggie if he's not overly product as I didnt drop anything too relevant and his 5 game total could make up for other options. 

22 hours ago, bmz0709 said:

Picked him up for Winslow in my streaming roster spot, fits pretty nice into my lineup for the week regarding my other players off days. We'll see how he does for the week, no biggie if he's not overly product as I didnt drop anything too relevant and his 5 game total could make up for other options. 

2 frickin' minutes.....I know Green was back but come one. Starting to think he fell into Kerr's dog house for whatever reason....dropping him for Iggy, at least he should get some good run tonight with Curry out

Edited by bmz0709
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Is this guy a pick-up now after tonight's performance and Kerr's praise? 

It depends.  I wouldn't drop anyone you want to hold, but if you have a bench spot being filled by somebody you are fine with dropping, I don't see any reason not to pick him up.  He won't likely score much regardless of playing time, but he should at least provide decent across the board production (minus 3's of course) if he continues to get at least 20-some minutes.  His per-36 minute averages seem like they would be pretty solid (I just don't feel like figuring them out), as his per 48 minute averages are fantastic.

I honestly have no idea why Bell hasn't been the regular Center this whole time actually since he was pretty solid when given playing time last season too.

Edited by KilloWertz
8 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I honestly have no idea why Bell hasn't been the regular Center this whole time actually since he was pretty solid when given playing time last season too.

Kerr has been critical of mental lapses like switching late and uneccesary fouls in the pre-season, and Bell has underwhelmed when given sparse opportunities to deliver when called upon in the first month of the regular season. 

It has been made a point to give the minutes to whomever is earning them with their three man C rotation (which is actually four if counting Draymond in their vaunted “death lineup”). Bell simply hasn’t been outplaying Looney and Jones to this point, as many assumed he would. 

Kerr called Bell the “story of the night” when he racked up five points with five rebounds, seven assists, two steals and two blocks in 21 minutes vs. the Blazers on Friday. “It’s kind of match-up based. But Jordan has earned himself some more minutes, for sure,” Kerr said. “All three of our young centers are going to play. It’s just a matter of matchups and who’s playing well and what rhythm we’re in. We’ll see what happens.” 

51 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Kerr called Bell the “story of the night” when he racked up five points with five rebounds, seven assists, two steals and two blocks in 21 minutes vs. the Blazers on Friday. “It’s kind of match-up based. But Jordan has earned himself some more minutes, for sure,” Kerr said. “All three of our young centers are going to play. It’s just a matter of matchups and who’s playing well and what rhythm we’re in. We’ll see what happens.” 

I read this and see the multiple mentions of “matchup based” and I can’t bring myself to come up with any other conclusion than “meh... last nights performance was a mere flash in the pan...”

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

I read this and see the multiple mentions of “matchup based” and I can’t bring myself to come up with any other conclusion than “meh... last nights performance was a mere flash in the pan...”

Yeah, I need to stream blocks and picked Bell up for tonight.  But I’m debating dropping him for Plumlee who at least has a better floor for minutes.

Edited by VaTerp

This night was not off to a great start, with Jones starting, then Looney in. 

Then Bell comes in, and on the next play, gets a steal and scores. Then maybe two plays later, gets a block. Then maybe 2 plays later, chases down for another block, but it was called back due to a foul on Jerebko.

In short, Bell has been great, in his 5 minutes so far....