Rajon Rondo 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tommorow just because of zo news, rondo aint a bitch

Thank you both for the answers. That was exactly what I was asking. Moreover, I don't want to prolong this but about 'How are we supposed to know that?' and 'have you watched basketball for the las

4 minutes ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

Rondo is starting tonight and is currently staring me square in the face on my wire.....

Is it time to swoop up again....or is this just one of Luke's inconsistent line ups...

Could be trying something different since the last time they played the pels, they got their asses handed to them?

3 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

He started over Reggie Bullock tonight.

Hope he stays that way ROS.

He started over McGee actually.  They went with an extremely small lineup for whatever reason (given that they were going up against Davis).

Whether he continues to get big minutes will depend on how often they go with that kind of a lineup the rest of the way.  It worked last night, but really only because Davis only played 21 minutes.  He would have had probably 40 Points if things were normal.

• Thanks 1

Luke Walton indicated after Wednesday's win over the Pelicans that he'll continue to use Rajon Rondo in the starting lineup.

"[Rondo has] proven that over his career that when he gets an opportunity, he shows up to play," Walton said. "We brought him in as a championship point guard. We need to start winning games and he's someone I feel totally confident with giving that opportunity to help lead us." Rondo and Walton recently sat down for a one-on-one conversation regarding his role, which Rondo said was "healthy and honest."

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

He started over McGee actually.  They went with an extremely small lineup for whatever reason (given that they were going up against Davis).

Whether he continues to get big minutes will depend on how often they go with that kind of a lineup the rest of the way.  It worked last night, but really only because Davis only played 21 minutes.  He would have had probably 40 Points if things were normal.

Thanks for the correction. That's a little unusual. I know they end games with a small lineup. But to start it without Javale or Tyson?

1 hour ago, richg24 said:

Overstatement of the year lol. Rondo not winning anyone s---.

It is an overstatement, but in leagues where you may be really close to a team or two in Assists, he could be a difference maker.  I am in my league, which adds to it sucking that I just dropped him yesterday.  There was no indication that this would happen, so I guess it just has to be chalked up to bad luck for anyone who had recently cut him as well.

• Like 1

When Rondo came back from injury the second time and dropped almost a trip double for like a couple games straight (Jan 31 and Feb 2, then again on Feb 7th) , he should of stayed in the starting lineup. But with the addition of Reggie Bullock (who was to spread out the floor for Bron) actually messed up their defense and eventually led to the benching of McGee who made their defensive rating so high.

All in all, I think as of right now the starting lineup should be:

1. Rondo
  2. Ingram
  3. Lebron
  4. Kuzma
  5. McGee

Whether they need to go big or small, this should be the lineup. But it turns out Ingram and Kuzma dont like to be spot up shooters and Rondo isnt exactly a deep threat, so what did they do? Kick McGee to the bench and put Kuzma/Bron as their "center" and input Bullock as their guard - terrible for defense and Lakers need to be more defensive focused then offensive - they got enough scorers as is. JUST MY 2 CENTS!

I picked up Rondo anyways as playoffs start Week 23 and I dont see Lonzo coming back right away.

Edited by HBARZ93
  • Like 1

I agree with you.  As much as some may say that Bullock has to start because he spreads the court, I still will disagree that it makes them a better team.  Their defense is awful, and Bullock should be helping that, but it's not like he's able to defend in the paint.  The small lineup will not work long term, especially if you run into a team with even just one good big man.  If Anthony Davis was still playing his normal minutes, he would have had around 40 Points because neither Kuzma or LeBron could do anything against him (and they shouldn't be expected to).  It's true that Davis is difficult for anybody to cover, but even other solid big men would give them fits.

Not having Ball obviously hurts their overall defense. but McGee was really good defensively earlier in the season when he got to play decent minutes, and they are still going to need him even if the league is trying to go away from traditional lineups.  While Bullock was a solid signing, it's messed with things, especially since Walton seems to always be tempted to do something stupid.  Rondo will always be useless playing primarily from the bench, as he needs to play with people who can actually score to take advantage of his passing.  Obviously he's starting now, and that's great since I managed to pick him back up this morning after dropping him, but the team needs to go back to a traditional lineup soon.

6 minutes ago, fantasick said:

baaaaah. dropped him after he flops and now my opponent has him and is killing me now. 4 3PTM wtf!

On 50 Attempts....  Ok, maybe a stretch, but the 3's are sheer volume.  Now, if you can ignore the FG%, he's had a pretty nice line for the second game in a row.

• Like 1

I didn't watch the game until a bit into the 4th quarter, but since he took 10 shots and only hit 1 of them last night, I'm assuming that the Suns sagged off of him just like the Bucks did?  That's the only explanation I can come up with that makes any sense.

If this all of a sudden (especially at this point in his career) becomes even a semi-regular thing, he's going to be unplayable in anything unless you're punting FG%.  His line was exceptional enough against the Bucks to make up for the FG%, but not quite enough last night to be able to make up for a 1-10 performance.

Actually, it likely won't be an issue because he'll go back to the bench like he was for a lot of the 4th quarter last night if he's going to be that much of a liability.  We'll see I guess since this is far from normal Rondo, where the poor shooting usually doesn't matter since he usually doesn't shoot that much.