Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Danilo Gallinari 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

On 11/1/2018 at 8:07 PM, StifleTower2 said:

If you drafted him, you bet against the market, and bet on him staying healthy.  So far he’s exeeded expectations and he’s been healthy so what’s the problem?  If you trade him now for a midrange asset below what he’s producing you’re selling him for less than his present value to subsidize risk.  But you wouldn’t have drafted him if you weren’t willing to take on some risk.  Selling is a panic move imo.  

 

I get what you're saying. It's one perspective on a draft strategy but...

 

I drafted Gallo for $1 at auction knowing he is a top 35 producer when healthy. I've owned him before and his talent is tremendous.  I chose to look at drafting him with strict discipline and no attachment, crossing my fingers for at least a month while he plays the way I know he can play and hopefully shakes the injury prone tag from 1 or more team owners in my league.  I'm not looking at Gallo as a player on my roster, he's basically an extra $25 on draft day.  If it was a snake draft, it would be like having 2 4th round picks.  We're playing with fire every week you put him in your line up.  There are guys that are prone to missing time with injuries each season seeming soft, and there's guys that have bodies that fail them.  Then there are guys like Gallo who are both, and have had long careers to make it clear they should not be depended on to win a championship.  Nothing in life is a guarantee, and I'm all about taking risks on break-out players like Levert, Lavine, Buddy Hield, or proven stars that have some injury concerns like Kyrie, Mike Conley, or John Wall, but Gallo is a big no-no.

 

I'd rather have the following players over Gallo:

( key is they should be non-injury prone, and undervalued, or HIGH upside )  These players are possibly attainable 1 for 1 depending on the other team owner's needs

 

Mike Conley

Dearon Fox

Buddy Hield

Bradley Beal

Eric Bledsoe

Jason Tatum

Tobias Harris

Zach Lavine

Jrue Holiday

Josh Richardson

 

 

If you need a big man:

 

Marc Gasol

Lemarcus Aldridge

Deandre Ayton

Al Horford

and a really savvy move...Javale McGee

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread being bumped in the middle of the day, when he doesn't even have a game tonight, really scares me.

Mbah a moute closed out to defend PG13. Got gallo at 160. Riding the wave til..... you know, injures his nipples and be out for a week or 2

Yeah, I've owned him every year he's been in the league except for this season. I remember picking him up off the wire when he came over from the (then) D-League. Sure, he goes on cold streaks, but so

Posted Images

Just now, HulkSmash said:

 

I get what you're saying. It's one perspective on a draft strategy but...

 

I drafted Gallo for $1 at auction knowing he is a top 35 producer when healthy. I've owned him before and his talent is tremendous.  I chose to look at drafting him with strict discipline and no attachment, crossing my fingers for at least a month while he plays the way I know he can play and hopefully shakes the injury prone tag from 1 or more team owners in my league.  I'm not looking at Gallo as a player on my roster, he's basically an extra $25 on draft day.  If it was a snake draft, it would be like having 2 4th round picks.  We're playing with fire every week you put him in your line up.  There are guys that are prone to missing time with injuries each season seeming soft, and there's guys that have bodies that fail them.  Then there are guys like Gallo who are both, and have had long careers to make it clear they should not be depended on to win a championship.  Nothing in life is a guarantee, and I'm all about taking risks on break-out players like Levert, Lavine, Buddy Hield, or proven stars that have some injury concerns like Kyrie, Mike Conley, or John Wall, but Gallo is a big no-no.

 

I'd rather have the following players over Gallo:

( key is they should be non-injury prone, and undervalued, or HIGH upside )  These players are possibly attainable 1 for 1 depending on the other team owner's needs

 

Mike Conley

Dearon Fox

Buddy Hield

Bradley Beal

Eric Bledsoe

Jason Tatum

Tobias Harris

Zach Lavine

Jrue Holiday

Josh Richardson

 

 

If you need a big man:

 

Marc Gasol

Lemarcus Aldridge

Deandre Ayton

Al Horford

and a really savvy move...Javale McGee

 

 

 

 

 

 

I would rather have most of those as well but no one in my leagues will trade them.  I’ve tried shopping Gallo before and trying to get a top 50 pick out of your opponent is like getting blood out of a turnip.  I’m assuming Gallo will regress to top 40, assuming he stays healthy.  So if you can get a top 40 pick with less injury risk then by all means.  But if the best you can get is a top 75 pick then I’ll hold.  It’s all about cost benefits analysis.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

I just traded him for McCollum. The trade hasn't cleared yet but I'm already missing Gallo.  Still, was hard to pass on a top 50 player who doesn't miss games.

McCullom really? So me getting Gallo for ibaka is like a steal

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2018 at 10:07 AM, wallacesnoop said:

I just traded him for McCollum. The trade hasn't cleared yet but I'm already missing Gallo.  Still, was hard to pass on a top 50 player who doesn't miss games.

 

Baha highway robbery.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I'll be riding it out too. Decent owners won't bite on Gallo trade offers. 

 

A couple of things to note on Gallo's health this season.

 

1) He skipped the FIBA tournament in the off-season to concentrate on being healthy coming into the season. 

 

2) Doc Rivers looks like he's managing Gallo's minutes well may contribute to his ROS outlook. Gallinari has only played 21-26 minutes during blowouts, and 34+ minutes during close games. 

 

Hopefully this translates to around 70 games played this year for him. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be one of the funner threads this year. To his owners, every game he plays is one game closer to having the fantasy sleeper of the year. To his non-owners or ex-owners, every game he plays is one game closer towards the inevitability 

 

I traded Gallo and Myles Turner for Jrue Holiday last week, but let's hope the fun ride continues for one of the good guys in the NBA

Edited by bballshinobi
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Traded M Gasol for Hield/Gallo/Kanter accepting that I’ll probably get a handful of good Top 50 games from Gallo and almost none from Kanter :lol:

 

The floor is Hield’s stand-alone value, the ceiling is Gallo is actually semi healthy and makes it through 50-60 games. That’s enough value to justify the move.

 

LEZGO GALLO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude has had 2 seasons since 2008 playing 70+ games, the last of which was 2012.  I think I've owned him twice since 2012, and would never trade for him.  I think most teams are stuck with him, to be honest.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Cstover89 said:

Dude sat out last year with a strained a** and now he's rocking this year. Hilarious.

 

I wasted my waiver on him and I dont even care. Heres to living life on the wild side! 

He wasn't drafted in your league but you are living life on the wild side by picking up a guy ranked top 25 lmao

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richg24 said:

He wasn't drafted in your league but you are living life on the wild side by picking up a guy ranked top 25 lmao

Nah, he was drafted and dropped by a rookie owner. Used my #1 claim on him.

 

I still consider that a risk considering this guys injury history. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cstover89 said:

Nah, he was drafted and dropped by a rookie owner. Used my #1 claim on him.

 

I still consider that a risk considering this guys injury history. 

Bruh if someone in your league dropped gallo after a top 25 start then you don't have any risk don't worry

Edited by richg24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cstover89 said:

Nah, he was drafted and dropped by a rookie owner. Used my #1 claim on him.

 

I still consider that a risk considering this guys injury history. 

No one cares about your public league or your fake anxiety over using a #1 waiver on a top 30 player.

 

Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...