Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Serge Ibaka 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Jonathanc5
 Share

Recommended Posts

Soooo many people wrote him off this year. Seems like Toronto is dedicated to get vintage Ibaka back and I love it. Honestly my Valaciunas+Ibaka play has been pretty nice. 

 

Meanwhile, ride out Ibaka with the amount of minutes he's getting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

how small is your league? 6 teams? doesn't add up 

 

He looks like his old self, and fits well with the new coach and his system 

He must play espn league,espn rank ibaka outside top 150

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

how small is your league? 6 teams? doesn't add up 

 

He looks like his old self, and fits well with the new coach and his system 

 

4 hours ago, kane said:

He must play espn league,espn rank ibaka outside top 150

 

Mistakes were def made. I think the excuse he gave was the CP suspension forced him to make some moves he didn't want to make. Lost week 1, bad schedule week 3, so he was going for the win week 2. Hard to win in our league starting off 0-3 with no injuries to blame. He ended up swooping Nance so I'm sure that was his fallback plan all along. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jiiiggz said:

Sell high.

 

Don't be fooled. He'll probably never shoot 21 shots again this season.

You're not wrong about the shots, and selling high could be an option depending on what you could get in return, but he seems to have a decent role this season.  Better than last season, so I don't think he'd be a bad target for people who need boards and blocks.  He won't kill you in FT% like some other options there either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

You're not wrong about the shots, and selling high could be an option depending on what you could get in return, but he seems to have a decent role this season.  Better than last season, so I don't think he'd be a bad target for people who need boards and blocks.  He won't kill you in FT% like some other options there either.

Problem is I dont think owners would get much back in return, Kawhi also didnt play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ajax said:

I don't play on any ESPN leagues, so I have no idea what their rankings are, but if indeed the likes of Ibaka are sitting on the wire on ESPN leagues then I wonder which borderline players they are rostering over him.   :wacko:

You'd be amazed at some of the things on ESPN with player ownership.  Granted some of these aren't cornerstone players, but a ton of players have their ownership drop on a daily basis.  Players like Prince and Rondo are owned in under 40% of the leagues.  Makes little sense, but I know in my league the vast majority of the players that should be owned are.

 

21 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Problem is I dont think owners would get much back in return, Kawhi also didnt play.

True.  I actually just traded for him since I need rebounds, which is why I basically said I thought he's still fine to hold onto since he's giving people at least decent production.  Sure, people can try to sell high, but I never really saw much point.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...