NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeremy Lin 2018-2019 Fantasy Outlook

Yea, i think Lin is a bit of a deep league sleeper right now.

Hes the only true backup guard for Young and he's been quietly producing for what, the past 7 games?

Past 7 games avg: 13 pts/2.5 reb/3.7 asts/1 stl

Not bad if u ask me lol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lin is a baller.  If anything should give pause over sacrificing a roster spot it would be how prone to injury he can be.     Do not drop any assets or decent stashes, but if you need help w

You know those guards you always adding and dropping off the WW week in and out?   Bullock, Ish, Monk, Crabbe, Temple, Mudiay, Frank Nik, etc..   He’s BETTER then all of them, for

Agreed. Huerter looked decent tonight also. And Bembry is good. And Taurean was out.   So the math is tough. But the first step is Lin being actually good, which he is starting to be on a st

You know those guards you always adding and dropping off the WW week in and out?

Bullock, Ish, Monk, Crabbe, Temple, Mudiay, Frank Nik, etc..

He’s BETTER then all of them, for a bench role/inconsistent mins, Lin’s production has been very steady. Those trips to the FTs have been edging me wins every wk.

Very excellent per min producer and you can always count on the Hawks getting blown out in atleast half of their games so he will have big games mixed in there.

Own Lin in most of my deeper leagues for awhile now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Raymoney said:

Fools gold?

Lin is a baller.  If anything should give pause over sacrificing a roster spot it would be how prone to injury he can be.  

Do not drop any assets or decent stashes, but if you need help with a combination of PTS/AST/FT%/3PT/STL and have room he is worth a good look. 

Edited by 80version
  • Like 6

Lin’s been a wild card/joker type player on my roster. It’s been odd but interesting experience owning him this yr

I know it’s either feast or famine (though his famine lines aren’t too bad most of the time lol),  possibly the most “match up” dependent player this yr in fantasy? 

If you think the Hawks will get blown out...start him and expect a big line. Sometimes they surprise you and keep it close but for the most part, his production and value is tied to Atlanta’s struggles....and believe me they will be struggling and getting blown out a lot this yr.

The peaks and valley should round out to maybe top 100-120 finish? 

Edited by IDatDude
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Raymoney said:

Fools gold?

I think his production is real.  Young has been struggling and Lin has played well.  Lin is also proven to be a solid though flawed player irl and in fantasy.  As others have stated when it’s a blow out he gets run and averages something like 15/4/3 with 2 threes and a steal.  That’s top 70 value and I think that production is stable when he plays.  The only thing that might not be stable is playing time.  It’s pretty easy to stream him for his good games in roto and just not play him otherwise.  In H2H he might have more variance.  But realistically who is better on the wire?  I play 14+ leagues and where I have him he’s not only rosterable but my 8th or 9th best player recently.   

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I think his production is real.  Young has been struggling and Lin has played well.  Lin is also proven to be a solid though flawed player irl and in fantasy.  As others have stated when it’s a blow out he gets run and averages something like 15/4/3 with 2 threes and a steal.  That’s top 70 value and I think that production is stable when he plays.  The only thing that might not be stable is playing time.  It’s pretty easy to stream him for his good games in roto and just not play him otherwise.  In H2H he might have more variance.  But realistically who is better on the wire?  I play 14+ leagues and where I have him he’s not only rosterable but my 8th or 9th best player recently.   

He's been pretty great lately. The most annoying thing for me is his last 2 big games have come on days when I've had a full lineup already so his production has been wasted on bench, but I'm very glad he's on my team. 12 team 15 roster spots holding strong!

If you started count on week 3 when Lin started to shake the rust off, in H2h 9cat he would have given you:

Week 3 (4 games) 47 points/13 assists/3 steals/4 threes/13 of 15 fta/15 of 31 fga

Week 4 (4 games) 53 points/13 assists/6 steals/4 threes/19 out of 20 fta/15 of 28 fga 
Week 5 (3 games) 42 points/13 assists/4 steals/7 threes/5 out of 7 fta/15 of 30 fga

And even with the 3 of 4 games he's played so far in week 6, he's already come up with 52 points/13 assists/4 steals/7 threes/5 of 7 fta/20 of 29 fga

Sneaky good multi-cat contributor. I added him before week 6 started, and has given a lot of value as my 3rd/4th pg (Bledsoe, DLo, SGA, Lin)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Dent416 said:

Watching last nights game he's sneaky good defensively. Personally looking for stocks and Mikal Bridges is on the wire. Is the season long outlook on Lin strictly a backup for Trae or could we see him start at some point.

I cant imagine them ever starting him over Trae. They’re a tanking team and will want to give Trae all the opportunity he can handle to fast track his development. Lin will be a backup, but that said he’s proving he’s rosterable even with that limitation. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, misterj said:

I cant imagine them ever starting him over Trae. They’re a tanking team and will want to give Trae all the opportunity he can handle to fast track his development. Lin will be a backup, but that said he’s proving he’s rosterable even with that limitation. 

They did play side-by-side at points in the game though. Would he be given a chance to start at the 2 you think or is that all Baze.

1 minute ago, Dent416 said:

They did play side-by-side at points in the game though. Would he be given a chance to start at the 2 you think or is that all Baze.

I don’t tend to watch many Hawks games but I think whether he starts at the 2 or comes off the bench, his minutes (as we’ve seen so far) will likely end up around 25 per game (sometimes closer to 30, others closer to 20), and that’s all he really needs to be serviceable. 

For most guys I tend to not really care whether they’re a designated starter or not as long as they’re getting court time. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, misterj said:

As others have done I’ve obtained both cheaply and cuffed them.  As a pair you can expect 30/14/6 with 2 threes and 1 steal.  Assuming you’re punting TO that would mean two top two 75 players and then it doesn’t matter who does what.  Ofc there is a trend of Young getting more run against bad teams and Lin more against good teams and you can try to predict that.  Either way I think Lin is top 75 going forward and a better fantasy player than Trae whether he starts or not.

The best case for Lin, is for him to lead the 2nd unit of Atlanta and still log 28-30 mins.  Starting alongside Trae would not be ideal for his production and usage. It is much better for him to go up against less talented lineups from the bench.

• Like 1

I think he's for real and can put up serviceable late round numbers if you need a combo guard. Just picked him up myself. He can do his damage in under 30 minutes a night. 

To be quite honest, he's just a better player than Trae Young. I'm hoping he can get traded to like the spurs or suns or something, so we can have linsanity again :P

• Like 4