NBC Sports EDGE Forums

James Harden 2018-2019 Outlook

GriffeySwag

19 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

It's getting to a point where i feel genuinely let down that he didn't get 50 points tonight. This guy is a monster.

I was hoping he would get another 50 point game too. From memory he had 30 points deep into the 4th quarter and still finished on 48.

The Lakers were letting the other Rockets players beat them. Worked for them early but killed them late as the 3s started to fall. They were pressing on Harden all game.

MVP was Tucker though, dude was an animal getting them all those orebs & steals despite the massive size disadvantage. Stuck to Kuzma late as well.

• Like 1

I hate to be that dude, but Jimmy, you were already winning me points when you were getting 35 a game for the last month, bumping it up to 40 is overkill in that cat and now you (not your fault your best teammates are out, but still) aren't getting dimes either.

I mean, I'm glad points are already settled on a Wednesday though, that's cool.

45 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

He's a very relaxing player in a way. Facing his owner this week, and I don't really need to worry about the matchup, because it's just like getting blitzkrieged from the get-go. Now owning him would feel similarly relaxing, but in a better way, probably

Nothing quite like accepting the L 3 days into the week

• Like 1

Not going to bother reading all 7 pages of Harden superlatives. Just want to chime in that he is playing in godmode. I have never seen any player like this before. Mind boggling is that lack of assists on his scoring. A close second in terms of ballin was Westbrook's nightly triple double from a couple of season's ago.

4 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

He's a very relaxing player in a way. Facing his owner this week, and I don't really need to worry about the matchup, because it's just like getting blitzkrieged from the get-go. Now owning him would feel similarly relaxing, but in a better way, probably

My opponent for the week usually is very active on the WW, always streaming and making moves. Most active guy in the league...

I’m up 8-1 and He hasn’t made any moves this wk...prob resigned to his fate and not even going to try  😂😂 

41 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

My opponent for the week usually is very active on the WW, always streaming and making moves. Most active guy in the league...

I’m up 8-1 and He hasn’t made any moves this wk...prob resigned to his fate and not even going to try  😂😂 

I'm 4-5 but I loss Ball, Butler, Wall and Capela in a short span and my league is deep so i'm left with scrubs ... Can't believe its that close lol

Thanks Harden

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge

3 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Not going to bother reading all 7 pages of Harden superlatives. Just want to chime in that he is playing in godmode. I have never seen any player like this before. Mind boggling is that lack of assists on his scoring. A close second in terms of ballin was Westbrook's nightly triple double from a couple of season's ago.

Do you actually find that impressive? I went and looked at Kobe's 81 game and even he had 5 of his baskets assisted on in that game. Kobe was also playing with absolute and total bums but he still knew how to use his teammates to help him get looks. Harden just dribbles the ball for 20 seconds, does a step back, and chucks it or drives. 

I don't know. It's a conflicting situation. Obviously, the entire streak and his points are impressive but at the same time looking into it all it's hard to truly be blown away by it. I don't necessarily mind a guy taking a ton of shots especially if his team is horrible but they way Harden does it is somewhat lame. Basketball is a team sport which makes it really fun to watch. Harden makes it a 1 on 5 sport. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Do you actually find that impressive? I went and looked at Kobe's 81 game and even he had 5 of his baskets assisted on in that game. Kobe was also playing with absolute and total bums but he still knew how to use his teammates to help him get looks. Harden just dribbles the ball for 20 seconds, does a step back, and chucks it or drives. 

I don't know. It's a conflicting situation. Obviously, the entire streak and his points are impressive but at the same time looking into it all it's hard to truly be blown away by it. I don't necessarily mind a guy taking a ton of shots especially if his team is horrible but they way Harden does it is somewhat lame. Basketball is a team sport which makes it really fun to watch. Harden makes it a 1 on 5 sport. 

Yes I find Harden's game stats to be eye popping. I totally agree with you that Harden is not involving his teammates, maybe I should have expanded on the lack of assisted scoring comment. What is surprising though is that none of the sports news venues, as far as I am aware, call out Harden's selfish play.  Any ball hog gets his team involved one way or the other but not him. 

Jrue put the clamps on Harden. Shoutout to Darius Miller as well. Great defense & game planning by the Pels. All they gave James was his stepback three and it just wasn't falling tonight. Yes, he got to 30 to keep the streak alive but teams are learning to double James early and let the others make plays which the other players aren't accustomed to. It all boils down to the opposition having the discipline & the personnel to keep Harden from going left & blowing up.