NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook

How do you rate him for next season?  He's old af and his usage is way down whether that will be in Toronto or elsewhere.  But he still managed 10/7/3 plus 1/1/1 and is a C eligible player who hits free throws, which is valuable in roto.  He had very similar lines to that of say Horford and was ranked 34th in punt points.  Do you think he can retain top 60 roto value for a few more seasons?  Thoughts?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think so too.  As for the dimes imagine passing the ball to an open   Kawhi / Lowry / Powell / OG / Green / FVV or a cutting Siakam   Versus   the sad pile of players o

I'm not denying the impact of shut down. I'm saying that Gasol isn't a candidate for shut down. 

Had too much to drink and cut Marc instead of Pau did we?

Posted Images

9 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

How do you rate him for next season?  He's old af and his usage is way down whether that will be in Toronto or elsewhere.  But he still managed 10/7/3 plus 1/1/1 and is a C eligible player who hits free throws, which is valuable in roto.  He had very similar lines to that of say Horford and was ranked 34th in punt points.  Do you think he can retain top 60 roto value for a few more seasons?  Thoughts?

Haha well since I traded him I'm betting on him falling between top 60-100 range.  He has one more year with Toronto so we can probably expect similar numbers, unless Kawhi leaves and no replacement is brought in, then maybe he gets slightly more touches / usage.  He'll sprinkle in some really nice old Gasol lines with some duds.  Lots of rest and split time with Ibaka or whoever.  I'm going to say top 75 next year and depends where he goes after that.    

• 2 weeks later...

This is gonna be such a precipitous fall from where he was before the trade deadline.From the start of the year to the day of the trade, he was ranked 31.  From the day of the trade through the rest of the year, he was ranked 92.  We're not looking at exactly a David Lee-like drop, but it's something like that.

• 4 weeks later...