Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

I jumped off this wagon bc I was worried about the same thing. I sent Bledsoe/Gasol/Allen/Kelly O for Kyrie/Griffin/Marcus Morris. Pretty happy with it because I was damn tired of Allen and Bledsoe, plus I was pretty damn close to dropping Kelly O since James Johnson (who I also own) is surging.

 

Jumped off the wagon as well and was able to net Jimmy B straight up... I love his production but I’m way too worried about age 34 and him needing more rest now than he used to so I’m betting on him missing a good 10-15 more games down the road just for rest and injuries without being shut down 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think so too.  As for the dimes imagine passing the ball to an open   Kawhi / Lowry / Powell / OG / Green / FVV or a cutting Siakam   Versus   the sad pile of players o

I'm not denying the impact of shut down. I'm saying that Gasol isn't a candidate for shut down. 

Had too much to drink and cut Marc instead of Pau did we?

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

 

My main concern in ownership is playoff schedule atm. Thankfully in first place and on track to be in the playoffs...

 

My league's 3-week playoff schedule is 03/11 - 03/31. If it wasn't for size limits on files in the forums I could paste a screenshot, but if you go here: Marc Gasol's 2017-18 Game Log , and look at that schedule in the same time-frame of 03/10 - 04/01 (+/- one day), Gasol played 9 out of 12 possible games, 75%.

 

With the 9 games in the playoff schedule this season, that percentage comes out to 6, maybe 7 games played. Combine that with him playing every game thus far in his age-34 season, dealing with nagging ankle issue and more wear as the season goes on, and a team trending down, this is where my concern lies. 

 

Yeah I noticed the same thing and if the Grizz are tanking like last year he'll definitely rest again but if they're around the same .500 I can see him playing if his body holds up lol. If you can trade and get similar value definitely take it, I'm first as well and probably gonna hold and ride it out for now. Also last year it was mostly back to backs he was sitting out which he has 1 set for our play offs in the end in which I'll just drop and stream. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squid-jesus said:

 

My main concern in ownership is playoff schedule atm. Thankfully in first place and on track to be in the playoffs...

 

My league's 3-week playoff schedule is 03/11 - 03/31. If it wasn't for size limits on files in the forums I could paste a screenshot, but if you go here: Marc Gasol's 2017-18 Game Log , and look at that schedule in the same time-frame of 03/10 - 04/01 (+/- one day), Gasol played 9 out of 12 possible games, 75%.

 

With the 9 games in the playoff schedule this season, that percentage comes out to 6, maybe 7 games played. Combine that with him playing every game thus far in his age-34 season, dealing with nagging ankle issue and more wear as the season goes on, and a team trending down, this is where my concern lies. 

now when you put it like that, i get your concerns...damn got me overthinking now lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Glad I traded out of this hype train like 2 weeks ago. Took a risk on Griffin's injury history but so far, it's paid off. 

 

Sorry guys. I think the high usage may be wearing him down.

 

Same but looking at your trade I now know I fed got a steal 

Link to post
Share on other sites

His 3 point FG% went from 40% in the first half of this season so far, to about 30% since, and his shooting overall has just been in a slump.  I forget which game it was but he injured himself late and hasn't been quite the same since.  Still solid across the board, just the FG is down.  When it creeps back up he'll be fine, and go on another top 20 tear.  

 

If I got the right offer, I would consider dealing because of age and general decline, but it's hard to find this kind of production elsewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice line so far (3rd) apparently after practice yesterday Gasol had a talk with the media stating he needs to step up for the team and be better leader. Watching the game it looks like he's a new player, hoping he can keep this up even if he needs a few dnpcd's down the road just to stay healthy and keep production up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get the "get off the bandwagon" and "sell him high" stuff, unless you got a major offer.  He had a shooting slump for a few weeks.  Even then he was still averaging around 14 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1.5 blocks, 1 three, on 86% FT.  I guess that sucks, dump the guy.  Probably was still top 50 during that stretch too.  If that's his floor I'll take it all day.  Just the FG was down, and thus the points.  Unless someone gives me a great offer, I'm going to enjoy the ride the rest of the way.  HE IS A BEAST.  

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

I don't get the "get off the bandwagon" and "sell him high" stuff, unless you got a major offer.  He had a shooting slump for a few weeks.  Even then he was still averaging around 14 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1.5 blocks, 1 three, on 86% FT.  I guess that sucks, dump the guy.  Probably was still top 50 during that stretch too.  If that's his floor I'll take it all day.  Just the FG was down, and thus the points.  Unless someone gives me a great offer, I'm going to enjoy the ride the rest of the way.  HE IS A BEAST.  

 

Agreed on his value as a player, but the dude hasn't missed a game thus far and the most he's played since 14-15 (81 GP) is 74 two seasons ago. Are you not worried by his age combined with the lingering injuries and ROS outlook for his team? I'm fine having him for a full season playing every game, dips and all. I'm not as enthused about keeping him only to see him miss a string of games in the last couple months of the season

Link to post
Share on other sites

The potential injuries is a concern. 

 

People are saying "get off the bandwagon"/"sell him high" because for the first month or so of the season, he was beasting and producing at a 1st round level (in my H2H points league). When I traded for him around thanksgiving, he was ranked like 10, IIRC. He's been "slumping" since then and has been ranked 30-35 in the last 30 days. Granted, that's still great production for your 4th round pick, but around Thanksgiving, you could've easily gotten a legit 1st rounder for Gasol and a nice bench piece. 

 

Right now, Gasol's still at about 20 total for the season (in my league). People will look at that + his last game, and you can still get a top-20 player for Gasol (for example, I got Griffin about 2 weeks ago in a 3 for 4 deal, though I know why the guy sold Griffin cheap). If you wait another month and Gasol continues to perform the way he has for most of his career (not how he did at the beginning of the season), and you take into consideration that Gasol's likely to miss time due to age/injury, he'll probably drop another 10-15 spots in total ranking, at which point you won't be able to sell high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

The potential injuries is a concern. 

 

People are saying "get off the bandwagon"/"sell him high" because for the first month or so of the season, he was beasting and producing at a 1st round level (in my H2H points league). When I traded for him around thanksgiving, he was ranked like 10, IIRC. He's been "slumping" since then and has been ranked 30-35 in the last 30 days. Granted, that's still great production for your 4th round pick, but around Thanksgiving, you could've easily gotten a legit 1st rounder for Gasol and a nice bench piece. 

 

Right now, Gasol's still at about 20 total for the season (in my league). People will look at that + his last game, and you can still get a top-20 player for Gasol (for example, I got Griffin about 2 weeks ago in a 3 for 4 deal, though I know why the guy sold Griffin cheap). If you wait another month and Gasol continues to perform the way he has for most of his career (not how he did at the beginning of the season), and you take into consideration that Gasol's likely to miss time due to age/injury, he'll probably drop another 10-15 spots in total ranking, at which point you won't be able to sell high.

 

I don't think anyone out there was offering a first rounder for Gasol, let alone a plus one...people usually aren't stupid.  The only offer I got close to a first was a super low-ball offer of Kevin Love lol.  

 

 

Edited by hipriest69
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

The potential injuries is a concern. 

 

People are saying "get off the bandwagon"/"sell him high" because for the first month or so of the season, he was beasting and producing at a 1st round level (in my H2H points league). When I traded for him around thanksgiving, he was ranked like 10, IIRC. He's been "slumping" since then and has been ranked 30-35 in the last 30 days. Granted, that's still great production for your 4th round pick, but around Thanksgiving, you could've easily gotten a legit 1st rounder for Gasol and a nice bench piece. 

 

Right now, Gasol's still at about 20 total for the season (in my league). People will look at that + his last game, and you can still get a top-20 player for Gasol (for example, I got Griffin about 2 weeks ago in a 3 for 4 deal, though I know why the guy sold Griffin cheap). If you wait another month and Gasol continues to perform the way he has for most of his career (not how he did at the beginning of the season), and you take into consideration that Gasol's likely to miss time due to age/injury, he'll probably drop another 10-15 spots in total ranking, at which point you won't be able to sell high.

 

 

what was your trade? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

 

I don't think anyone out there was offering a first rounder for Gasol, let alone a plus one...people usually aren't stupid.  The only offer I got close to a first was a super low-ball offer of Kevin Love lol.  

I meant you could've traded Gasol+nice bench piece for someone like KAT if you'd done it a week or 2 Thanksgiving, especially bc the Butler-Timberwolves drama was still really fresh.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

 

I don't think anyone out there was offering a first rounder for Gasol, let alone a plus one...people usually aren't stupid.  The only offer I got close to a first was a super low-ball offer of Kevin Love lol.  

 

 

 

The best offer I got during that stretch where he was at the top 10 was the same then all of a sudden 2 weeks ago I got offered butler so I jumped on it and ran... so if that’s any indication of the type of value you can get back... granted butler hasn’t been great this season...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In 25 minutes tonight Marc has taken 5 shots and has 7 turnovers with the Grizz currently being taken care of by Harden and the Rockets.

Marc and the Grizz look increasingly done. Should have (although I did try) to move his old broken down a** during that run to start the season.

Edited by flat_eric
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...