NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

It seems unlikely to me. How many competing teams are in need of a C? 

Charlotte Hornets could be an option, being relatively thin at that position, and the fact they need to pull out all stops to re-sign Kemba in free agency. That would actually be a reasonable landing spot for fantasy owners.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think so too.  As for the dimes imagine passing the ball to an open   Kawhi / Lowry / Powell / OG / Green / FVV or a cutting Siakam   Versus   the sad pile of players o

I'm not denying the impact of shut down. I'm saying that Gasol isn't a candidate for shut down. 

Had too much to drink and cut Marc instead of Pau did we?

Posted Images

8 hours ago, flat_eric said:

It seems unlikely to me. How many competing teams are in need of a C? 

Charlotte Hornets could be an option, being relatively thin at that position, and the fact they need to pull out all stops to re-sign Kemba in free agency. That would actually be a reasonable landing spot for fantasy owners.

Houston could def use some help.

Any way they shut him down in the short term? Seems fishy that him and Conley are meeting with the owner. Possible trade request?

Marc Gasol and Mike Conley Jr. met with owner Robert Pera this week over the state of the Grizzlies, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The Grizzlies are plummeting in the standings, going just 1-9 in their last 10 games. Gasol has a player option next year, and it's not outlandish to think he could be traded at the deadline on Feb. 7. The Grizzlies also have a top-eight protected pick, so they have incentive to tank it up. Gasol's fantasy owners would probably want him to stay put, but there would be shutdown risk in Memphis. JaMychal Green should be owned in most leagues with this news while Ivan Rabb would also be a sneaky pickup in very deep leagues.

8 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

This dude should be cruising home with a TD but instead he's 1-9 from the field. Not many Cs in the league capable of putting up these kind of whack stat lines but Marc is one of them. 

At least he finds his PT job of building bricks in TD Garden. 

Playing decent today, seems a little lazy on defensive end.   The thing with Gasol being traded, is who is going to trade for him, for what might be a rental?  You figure it would have to be a contender or playoff team...but is Gasol the piece that puts them over the top?  The only ones I can think of off the top of my head would potentially be

Toronto 

New Orleans (mimicking Boogie + AD pairing of last year)

Houston (filling in for Capela but I don't see them playing together)

Clippers

San Antonio (LMA and Gasol?)

Do any of these teams even have assets that Memphis would take on?  

10 minutes ago, Goku said:

Crazy update, I sold high and I don't really see anywhere he could go where he gets a bigger role.

He'd have about the same role anywhere he ends up with a likelihood he's actually motivated to play.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

He'd have about the same role anywhere he ends up with a likelihood he's actually motivated to play.

He's not guaranteed 34 minutes a night anywhere he goes, also I think Marc is a good guy and truly cares about the Grizz which is why he's been playing through his ankle injury so his motivation would be the same, just possibly a lighter load to carry. 

4 minutes ago, Goku said:

He's not guaranteed 34 minutes a night anywhere he goes, also I think Marc is a good guy and truly cares about the Grizz which is why he's been playing through his ankle injury so his motivation would be the same, just possibly a lighter load to carry. 

hes def guaranteed his minutes, dude is a great player and his game ages pretty well since hes all skill

Although Gasol is a professional who will play hard anywhere he goes, I believe he would be even more motivated with playoff / championship hopes.  

What teams might trade for him?  I heard a rumor of both he and Conley together in a package, but Memphis would probably be able to get more from them separately, unless its a 3 way.

lol okay, good luck with that.

I love the dude but got a good offer when he went on his little streak, I really hope he prospers though and if it does happen it'll be sad to see his 10 years in Memphis come to an end.