Paul Millsap 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JUAN DONT WALK

Mike Singer‏Verified account @msinger FollowingFollowing @msinger More Also: It sounds like Gary Harris and Paul Millsap are getting clos

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Watching him play I think he's lost a step.

He's extremely slow on both defense and offense, and doesn't have enough lift to crash the boards.

He will probably get hot once in a while when his jumper is going, but I can't see more than late round value this year, especially how his FT and FG have both declined so rapidly.

4 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Watching him play I think he's lost a step.

He's extremely slow on both defense and offense, and doesn't have enough lift to crash the boards.

He will probably get hot once in a while when his jumper is going, but I can't see more than late round value this year, especially how his FT and FG have both declined so rapidly.

Best FG% since 2012 

FT% yea is staying low after that drop last year but still over 70% at least and was at 73% in 2013-2014 

dont think age has anything to do with his %'s as they arent really being effected all that much compared to his career norms, maybe TS% or something has declined rapidly? or might just be your eye test making you believe his shot is off/no lift which may have some truth as well but hard to trust that analysis 

On 1/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, HelloMelo said:

Or maybe he recently he said his toe is still broken and hes playing through it? Give him time to fully heal. He'll be fine.

Eeesh, you're right about him needing more time.  Cringe-worthy performance, but it happens to the best of'em.

Patience. He was doing well up until the toe fracture and he's probably still working with it. Yes, their frontcourt is packed but Millsap was never going to be a volume guy in Denver. If you drafted him this year, hopefully you didn't swoop him before 7th round.

He's still capable of giving you popcorn stats - occasional three, OK %'s, low TO's, and stocks. I ain't mad those stats. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bballshinobi said:

Who can you possibly pick up by dropping Millsap?

Someone who actually produces bro... 

Thomas Bryant, Aminu... I could easily use that spot as a streamer based off of situational needs. Millsap unfortunately doesn't have a spot in Denver his age is starting to show.

I'm just very salty I traded Millsap for Allen several weeks ago. 

Edited by ejaggit
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Thomas Bryant, Aminu... I could easily use that spot as a streamer based off of situational needs. Millsap unfortunately doesn't have a spot in Denver his age is starting to show.

Hmm, I see. Thomas Bryant I can kinda see why. But those two guys' ceiling is basically Milsap's floor. 

You know what your team needs more than I do obviously, so good luck!

39 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Millsap for the season is ranked 87th,  Bryant 122th, Aminu 92nd. 

It must be very competitive league if these guys are available on WW

I think it is way to early to drop Millsap in competitive leagues