NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2018-2019

On 3/25/2019 at 12:30 PM, fantasick said:

I don’t know which one I’m most upset at...

-my team getting to the finals in a league where i’m cursed with 2nd place

-javale mcgee is the penultimate killer of my other team

well the curse still lives on. still no stats won and the gaps are growing. i feel like Karl Malone.

and wouldn't you know it javale is also on that team...

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I paid Anthony Davis prices for Towns in an auction draft and I'm getting Kwame Brown production. 

kawhi - out 4 games in a row with bruised vulva teague - glass ankles booker - ejected today with light skin angst lord covington - bruised ankle for our sins   going to lose

I had to drop P. Siakam and M. Harrel for streaming slots.

Posted Images

Such a ******** crapshoot, the resting of guys is out of control. Lost Otto porter last week, lauri markanen this week, Conley likely sits 2 of 4, Luka now sitting tomorrow. I streamed bejilica who got a stomach ache missed half a game and is now likely to sit 2 more with a fn stomach bug. Load of s--- to be the best team all year and lose this way.

Hey kawhi, i would be leading 6-3 instead of 5-4 in the finals if you played even one more time. Yes i know you only need 5-4 to win but its making me nervous, the other stats are close. I really should have picked pg over you. Now pg is rotting away for the 9th place team.

Also, when does yahoo adjust their playoff skeds? I already pleaded with the other owners to use another platform for 2 years to no avail because yahoo has the app familarity and ease of access. If i was a dictator commish i would have forced them to fantrax a long time ago.

20 teamer finals - Lamb and Aminu combine 1/20 shooting, FG% anchor Towns shoots 5/17.  Kyrie off 2 games, Len DNP, Bjelica 1 RBD game, Otto Porter out all week, Tatum sucking.  Literally nothing going for me.

Opponent squad has zero rest days all week.  FML

3 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

Hey kawhi, i would be leading 6-3 instead of 5-4 in the finals if you played even one more time. Yes i know you only need 5-4 to win but its making me nervous, the other stats are close. I really should have picked pg over you. Now pg is rotting away for the 9th place team.

Talk to me when you have Kawhi and Siakam. And Oladipo and McCullum and Markannen.

I'm losing to a far inferior team because my team is now just a bunch of scrub FA adds. So be glad that you're winning. : )

I think I will be retiring from fantasy basketball, this is the softest league in the history of sports. I lead all year and am now losing the finals to two 6th place teams that aren't having their best players rested. The leagues will either be won by teams with either Harden or Westbrook because those guys don't take games off. If iI don't retire I will be trying to draft these two guys ahead of anyone else next year

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

Talk to me when you have Kawhi and Siakam. And Oladipo and McCullum and Markannen.

I'm losing to a far inferior team because my team is now just a bunch of scrub FA adds. So be glad that you're winning. : )

Im sorry i was surprised siakam was resting. Wth. sorry man. You had a very good team.

• Thanks 1

So many little whiny babies all I hear is  " I lead all year i lose to a low seed bla bla "  .Its called FANTASY Basketball for a reason same in football and baseball.The one fantasy is that you get hot at the right time and you win 1st place and take home all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.There could only be 2 happy players of of 8+ teams .Draft a couple quality players then work your a** off on the waiver wire and give your self  a chance at the playoffs.

Last note for all ya little crying BtChes take the emotional part out of playing fantasy and enjoy if you can't handle the dtd /injuries /dud games /cold streaks bad schedule quit and just play fan-duel.

Edited by Dr Pickem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Dr Pickem said:

So many little whiny babies all I hear is  " I lead all year i lose to a low seed bla bla "  .Its called FANTASY Basketball for a reason same in football and baseball.The one fantasy is that you get hot at the right time and you win 1st place and take home all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.There could only be 2 happy players of of 8+ teams .Draft a couple quality players then work your a** off on the waiver wire and give your self  a chance at the playoffs.

Last note for all ya little crying BtChes take the emotional part out of playing fantasy and enjoy if you can't handle the dtd /injuries /dud games /cold streaks bad schedule quit and just play fan-duel.

its really not and just an awful comment 

I beat a team. (sorry blew a team out) in the semi than outdrafted me and out manged me all year.opp built a monster from the draft that didn't need any trades and you had little chance to win

I drafted dipo over pg3, j allen, j rich, wiggens 89, jjj crabbe, and drop bojan pacers dude. now how is that fair or even logical?

John's Peerless Team
1. (1) Anthony Davis (NO - PF,C)
2. (24) Rudy Gobert (Uta - C)
3. (25) Otto Porter Jr. (Chi - SF,PF)
4. (48) Robert Covington (Min - SF,PF)
5. (49) Hassan Whiteside (Mia - C)
6. (72) Nikola Mirotic (Mil - SF,PF)
7. (73) Jusuf Nurkic (Por - C)
8. (96) Trevor Ariza (Was - SG,SF)
9. (97) Eric Gordon (Hou - SG)
10. (120) Patrick Beverley (LAC - PG,SG)
11. (121) Danilo Gallinari (LAC - SF,PF)
12. (144) Miles Bridges (Cha - SF)
13. (145)

James Johnson (Mia - SF,PF)

Edited by colepenhagen
1 hour ago, Dr Pickem said:

A bit harsh, but I get the message. I have been coming to peace with the fact that after winning the regular season by 25 games with Kawhi, Kyrie, and Embiid, I may lose in the championship match that finishes today. I have been in my main league for four years now, with finishes of 3rd, 3rd, and 4th before now. I so badly want to get 1st to have the bragging rights over the guys in my league, but if 2nd place is written for me, that'll be the highest I've ever placed and I think I've proven my point that I'm not to be taken lightly in that league. My opponent this week has a bunch of healthy guys who just got hot at the right time, I mean I just lost the 3 guys I mentioned above and he's got freakin Beal, Westbrook, Bledsoe, LMA, etc. I came into Saturday being down 12 3s and losing TOs by one. He benched a guy and dropped a couple to pad TOs so I fought to bring his lead in 3PM down to 1. So I'm going into the final day of the season down 4-5, with a marginal lead in FT% and trailing by 1 3PM and 4 TOs, and I'm basically telling him, 'If you thought beating my injured-a** team was gonna be a cake walk, think again. You're gonna go out swinging with me'. It will be tough to digest if I lose, but in the end I'm at peace with whatever happens because I did what I could with the hand I've been dealt. 

• Like 1

First place all season and won it by 17.5 games.  Yet I'm down 4-5 with the season on the line tonight. 

Assists (-15), steals (-6) and blocks (-3) are not out of reach but not looking good.  Shout outs to these fine gentlemen...

Lavine - Dropped on the Sunday before the finals. Wish he could be trusted. 

Warren - Held in IR for the longest time.  Finally dropped him last night.  Was hoping he would come back and give me that last bump.

Conley - Rested 1 game this week already and most likely sitting tonight.... could have saved me in the assists and maybe steals column.  :(

Embiid - You could have saved me in blocks last night ...

Griffin - Sitting out last night came out of nowhere... WEAK

Going to make a run for blocks and maybe steals.  Wood, Poeltl and Powell are my adds today.  Hail Mary time!

In case anyone asks, my opponent has only missed 1 game from Love...  

Edited by waylanderz
8 hours ago, Dr Pickem said:

It may be bitching but when you lose because you best players are being sat for rest and the other teams guys are all playing it's not a true reflection of who had the better team, skill has nothing to do with it, it's pure luck if your team is decimated by guys taking load management days, Lebron, Davis, Embiid and Giannis all cost their playoff teams victories because of sitting, they are all first round picks, its all luck nothing more

• Like 2
1 hour ago, azeri98 said:

It may be bitching but when you lose because you best players are being sat for rest and the other teams guys are all playing it's not a true reflection of who had the better team, skill has nothing to do with it, it's pure luck if your team is decimated by guys taking load management days, Lebron, Davis, Embiid and Giannis all cost their playoff teams victories because of sitting, they are all first round picks, its all luck nothing more

I disagree a little. In auctions, I almost never draft a top 10 player nowadays. I'd rather have a bunch of 2-4 round dudes than stars and scrubs. That's to specifically insure myself against injuries. That's not luck 😃

Finals week. 

Missed games from: nurkic, jrich, doncic, gallo, Bledsoe, bagley. f--- h2h man. Does ESPN h2h allow you to adjust playoff weeks to move it earlier in season? If so, can you start at like week 18 or 18?

22 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Finals week. 

Missed games from: nurkic, jrich, doncic, gallo, Bledsoe, bagley. f--- h2h man. Does ESPN h2h allow you to adjust playoff weeks to move it earlier in season? If so, can you start at like week 18 or 18?

Bagley too?  That only adds to my pain.

Yahoo doesn't allow for it.  I read FanTrax does but it is not free like Yahoo.

Wall, Nurkic, Warren, Ball, Markkanen, Dunn, Wendell Carter Jr, Jaren Jackson Jr. and even though he's not injured, let's just throw Anthony Davis into the mix too. What a disaster of a season. I'm actually going to win this week somehow, but I doubt I can win the championship with my current roster. Mike Conley will probably be shut down next.  

14 hours ago, Dr Pickem said:

This is the vent and rant thread. Let me help you understand what that means: it means that folks get to “vent” and “rant” here. If you need further clarification hit me up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jugernot said:

Wall, Nurkic, Warren, Ball, Markkanen, Dunn, Wendell Carter Jr, Jaren Jackson Jr. and even though he's not injured, let's just throw Anthony Davis into the mix too. What a disaster of a season. I'm actually going to win this week somehow, but I doubt I can win the championship with my current roster. Mike Conley will probably be shut down next.  

Are you playing against 3-year-olds?