NBC Sports Edge Forums

TE advise: Drop one...Burton, OJ, Njoku?!?! WHIR

12 team .17 PPC .25 PPR QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, DST, K

Mahomes, M. Gordon, Mixon, Diggs, D. Adams, Burton, Lindsay, Panthers, Parkey

Big Ben, La. Miller, Ekeler, Carson, C. Davis, Shepard, OJ Howard, Njoku, 

So picked up Njoku with OJ Howard out. Had Howard in IR slot. 

Now need to drop a TE to make any roster moves as Howard no longer IR eligible and I can't keep him in IR slot and position max per roster in 2 TE. 

Who do you like ROS pick 2? Burton, OJ, Njoku.

Burton is more or less TD dependent, CHI spreads ball around too much.

OJ has looked good, concern about Brate?? 

Liking Njoku trgt share and upcoming schedule TB, PIT, KC, but bad offense.

• DeadlyKickers changed the title to TE advise: Drop one...Burton, OJ, Njoku?!?! WHIR

Man tough problem to have here ROS I like Njoku and OJ.. I have no Brate concerns here as TB will need to put up points due to Defense..

Njoku's targets are just unreal and his schedule even better. Offense aint the best BUT they have to pass it to someone!

I WISH someone would drop Burton in my league and i am hoping with the Byes coming up I can snag a decent backup for Gronk..

I would have to drop Burton out of the three... but I would try to trade him first, I would imagine in a 12 teammer his value would be very High, I cant remember but can you trade a player with Howard no longer being IR eligible? If so I would trade way before I would go to the Waiver to drop. 

3 minutes ago, mlrush said:

Man tough problem to have here ROS I like Njoku and OJ.. I have no Brate concerns here as TB will need to put up points due to Defense..

Njoku's targets are just unreal and his schedule even better. Offense aint the best BUT they have to pass it to someone!

I WISH someone would drop Burton in my league and i am hoping with the Byes coming up I can snag a decent backup for Gronk..

I would have to drop Burton out of the three... but I would try to trade him first, I would imagine in a 12 teammer his value would be very High, I cant remember but can you trade a player with Howard no longer being IR eligible? If so I would trade way before I would go to the Waiver to drop. 

Unfortunately can't make any roster moves (trades included) unless I drop a TE and get Howard out of IR slot.

Was thinking about dropping Burton but seemed a little crazy to me given preseason hype.

10 minutes ago, DeadlyKickers said:

Unfortunately can't make any roster moves (trades included) unless I drop a TE and get Howard out of IR slot.

Was thinking about dropping Burton but seemed a little crazy to me given preseason hype.

Sometimes players don’t live up to the hype.  Burton was hyped based on knowing the offense and being a target hog.   That hasn’t panned out.   Maybe it gets better but it’s unlikely that he gets the opportunity of those other two.   If you kept him and Howard, it’s hard to see a scenario where you’d ever start Burton over him.   

I think you roll with Njoku and OJ. They're both more integral to their offenses than Burton is to his with Nagy spreading the plays around.  Njoku and OJ aren't only dependent on TDs whereas Burton seems to be.

2 hours ago, DeadlyKickers said:

Thanks for the advise I will drop Burton. The commish told me my roster is “illegal” since Howard no longer injured and I have to drop someone. 

Always drop your defense or kicker in this spot. They are better as streamers and I have had no problem picking up guys like Tucker, Lutz and Fairbairn off the wire on any given week. OJ and Njoku are two high upside TE’s that everyone has their eye on. Burton has 3 td’s in 5 games and is a top 10 scoring TE so far. In a 12 man all three have trade value. You have until sunday morning to make a trade. If not drop one of the guys just before the game for a kicker or dst. That way you have a chance at them after waivers if you want to try to pull off another trade. Sometimes I won’t hold a kicker or d all week if I can roster tradeable guys and make something work with another team in the league.

help with mine?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/729004-white-golladay-for-obj-whir/

Archived