NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Better outlook ROS: Drake or Mack?

Tasandmnm

I feel like Mack is a sure bet for the most touches and at the very least leading that committee (barring health, obviously). He’s by far the most talented guy, and that was evident even in his first game back this week.

Won’t be popular around here, but Wilkins was already relegated to a non-factor, Turbin got hurt, and I am really not a huge fan of what I’ve seen from Hines the last few weeks — has not done a lot of impressive things with the ball in his hands despite a pretty large volume. Would not be surprised to see this become the Mack show 

32 minutes ago, Tasandmnm said:

I was leaning toward Mack but it's hard to trust Indy run game and Mack isn't known for catching passes so he loses a lot of that work. Gore is okd and maybe wears down as season goes on or gets injured...so maybe Drake?

Mack caught 21 passes last year as Gore (a good pass catcher himself)'s backup. Hines will have some sort of role but is not an impressive player. Mack is clearly their best back IMO

tough call,  both guys are have equal positives and negatives, i think i'd lean Mack slightly because he has the role right now and Drake is still part of the "what if" game. 

i would say a lot depends on how much you need to start one of them right now, if you need to start one now then Mack is the better bet to get some consistent points since he has the role now.  Drake has a little more upside but MIA has been pretty bad this year running the least amount of plays.  in the end i think it is Mack but not by very much.  i think they are so close you have to start comparing schedules, weather issues, qbs, overall offense. 

I don't need one asap but I am dropping Lynch for another RB. I am very strong with Zeke and DJ and then Lindsay plus I just picked up Clements. I went ahead and grabbed Mack even though that leaves me with 3 guys with week 9 byes so I'm forced to play Zeke and Lindsay that week and a WR at Flex instead of my usual RB but I'd rather get the guy I feel will do the best and maybe bring me good trade value.

Archived