NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Malik Monk 2018-2019 Season Outlook

DLove

He's still got some upside so I'll probably give him another week but he sure seems like an Allen Crabbe-type player (fantasy wise).  Points and 3's on poor FG% without a whole lot else.  He's put up some blocks but those seem fluky.  Worth holding to see where it goes but I don't think he turns into a top-75 guy or anything.

• Like 1

I am holding because I think there's some talent here and Lamb is kind of meh and probably not their future. That said Monk's basically had one good fantasy game out of four. That't not gonna cut it.

Edited by fletch44

he'll be fine, give him some time

he essentially had 1 summer league game in 2 years, his rookie year was in the crapper beacuse of clifford, only now is his coach showing faith in him

i am actually more encouraged than i thought - he s contributing across the board in, albeit small amounts of, boards, assists, steals and blocks. Right now is his baseline. If he never improves he is still a serviceable source of 3s. However, if he learns to get to the line and is more selective with his long range shots his value will skyrocket

fingers crossed

Edited by n.mollov
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, n.mollov said:

he'll be fine, give him some time

he essentially had 1 summer league game in 2 years, his rookie year was in the crapper beacuse of clifford, only now is his coach showing faith in him

i am actually more encouraged than i thought - he s contributing across the board in, albeit small amounts of, boards, assists, steals and blocks. Right now is his baseline. If he never improves he is still a serviceable source of 3s. However, if he learns to get to the line and is more selective with his long range shots his value will skyrocket

fingers crossed

Totally agree and if Charlotte isn’t doing too hot come playoff time for fantasy I can see Monk getting good usage in the late season. 

On 10/23/2018 at 12:20 PM, BoogieNights said:

He's still got some upside so I'll probably give him another week but he sure seems like an Allen Crabbe-type player (fantasy wise).  Points and 3's on poor FG% without a whole lot else.  He's put up some blocks but those seem fluky.  Worth holding to see where it goes but I don't think he turns into a top-75 guy or anything.

I was thinking the same thing. Thinking about swapping him for Forbes.

• 3 weeks later...