NBC Sports Edge Forums

Boban Marjanovic 2018-2019 Season Outlook

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you don't pick up Boban after 1 game and then drop him after the next, are you really playing fantasy basketball?

A broken foot, strained hamstring, knee tendonitis, ankle stress fracture...

Since it was an early game I've decided to watch Clippers and Magic yesterday and I've decided to make a short video to try and convince some of you guys why Boban will NEVER play significant minutes,

Posted Images

Apparently, Jonathan Isaac suffered a sprained ankle and won't be back in the game.

And now just watched Boban did a low-post play with a one big hand drop off to SGA.

Dropped Isaac for this giant.

His per-minute stats has always been good. The more concerning factor is his ability to play long minutes.

I now have 4 Centers: D Ayton, N Vucevic, M Bamba and B Marjanovic :ph34r:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wisegeeks said:

Apparently, Jonathan Isaac suffered a sprained ankle and won't be back in the game.

And now just watched Boban did a low-post play with a one big hand drop off to SGA.

His per-minute stats has always been good. The more concerning factor is his ability to play long minutes.

You'll have 3 when you drop Marjanovic in a few days after a DNP.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, wisegeeks said:

Yeah I'm watching as well, it's hilariously awesome to just see teammates toss it deep into the post when he's right at the basket - easy basket or hard foul.

Actually caught a lot of Clippers games this season. He doesn't seem as exposed as much as in the past, I think?

4 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

No s--- his per minute stats are good. The problem is he can't play more than 20+ minutes consistently for a multitude of factors... slow on defense, can't switch, Doc's matchup-based rotations, etc.

32 minutes ago, Boner said:

No s--- his per minute stats are good. The problem is he can't play more than 20+ minutes consistently for a multitude of factors... slow on defense, can't switch, Doc's matchup-based rotations, etc.

Yes. As far as I know, this is just a spot start for him because they're against lengthy Magic front-court.

If he's not getting minutes because of slow on defense, etc then as long as he gets 20-25+ minutes then he'll be worth it as a WW pick-up.

I have an impression that he can't play huge minutes because of some health concerns i.e. heart, etc because nobody that big should be normal? :blink:

Starting "maybe for a couple games"

Dunnooo.... Has a great net rating.... Gortat isn't good...

If he was that bad on defense wouldn't he have a worse net rating?

Edited by pushaZ
8 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Don't you people ever learn your lesson?

The lesson has already been learned by many of us that PER monsters with any sign of opportunity should be scooped ASAP

There have been few if any players that have ever had such great PER stats and also presented such problems with playing time, thus the constant debate.

Early Kenneth Faried springs to mind but Boban is even better for fantasy 

On 10/24/2018 at 9:05 PM, miasma16 said:

This will never, ever happen and is the problem you guys that picked Boban up keep having, inexplicably, over and over again.

Two games in a row with 23 minutes.  By the way, even with the lack of minutes, Boban still has a significantly higher rank than your boy Cedi Osman (131 vs 221 going into tonight).

37 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Two games in a row with 23 minutes.  By the way, even with the lack of minutes, Boban still has a significantly higher rank than your boy Cedi Osman (131 vs 221 going into tonight).

lmao have you been holding boban all year and missing out on actual seasonlong useful players