NBC Sports Edge Forums

Montrezl Harrell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

20 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Cut city?

Too early to tell. Give him few more games.

Its not like Clippers got any better option at C. Gortat was still crap tonight.

Boban is boban.

Unless you got guys like Zach Collins on the wire, I dont see the point to cut yet (assuming you are looking to replace big man stats).

• Like 1
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd wait for a couple more 30 point games to make sure he's legit.

1 hour ago, Chickenmane said:

His outlook is looking good with Gortat being potentially out of the rotation. Not sure why people seemed to be more focused on Boban.

Let them be. Better yet, start boban every game so Harrell can feast in second unit. :P

• Like 2

First time watching him play. Reminded me a lot of Kenneth Faried. I think 10/6 with great fg% and with 2 stocks can be his floor. He made a lot of stupid mistakes in the 4th but he didn't get yanked. That's a good sign that Doc is committed to playing him. He also didn't get down cause of those mistakes, just kept playing. 

Surprised this guy isn't getting more love to be honest. He shouldn't be left on any waiver wires. Stocks machine, great FG, contributes in points and REBS, doesn't take many FT's to destroy it (save for some games where he gets REALLY aggressive)

Currently ranked 65 on BBM. Gortat out of the rotation. Boban can only play about 20-23 mins max, even lesser if he gets targeted and burnt on defense constantly (which will probably happen VERY often) or gets into foul trouble. That leaves at the very minimum 25-28 minutes for Harrell, with the potential for more. The upside is immense.

Played 30 minutes today, albeit with Boban getting into foul trouble in the 1st half but Harrell still remained in the lineup down the stretch in the 4th. 

Edit: This post perfectly encapsulates why Boban will NOT be a threat to Harrell's minutes at all: 

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 1
On 11/5/2018 at 10:26 PM, Espoiral said:

Surprised this guy isn't getting more love to be honest. He shouldn't be left on any waiver wires. Stocks machine, great FG, contributes in points and REBS, doesn't take many FT's to destroy it (save for some games where he gets REALLY aggressive)

Currently ranked 65 on BBM. Gortat out of the rotation. Boban can only play about 20-23 mins max, even lesser if he gets targeted and burnt on defense constantly (which will probably happen VERY often) or gets into foul trouble. That leaves at the very minimum 25-28 minutes for Harrell, with the potential for more. The upside is immense.

Played 30 minutes today, albeit with Boban getting into foul trouble in the 1st half but Harrell still remained in the lineup down the stretch in the 4th. 

#58 now, but #35 since he started getting 25+ mins a few games ago. Can he keep it up?    

Amazing how he transformed from 1.2 stocks per game last season to 2.8 stocks this year playing an additional 5 minutes a game. 

His stock rate doubled from last year. But he's been doing this since the preseason which makes it a 16 game sample size already. Also, watching him you would see his effort and timing on defense. Looks like he'll be able to sustain it. 

Comparing his stocks with other players, he's averaging better stocks than the following:

Giannis

Otto

Oladipo

Kawhi 

Great stocks plus top-6 in FG value this year, wow!

• Like 4

I am also wondering if the stocks are sustainable.  1.8 BLKs doesn't seem sustainable.  I'm not surprised about the rebounds given the minutes, but I'm sure those increase with more play time.  Where do you guys think he finishes this season?  Top 60?  Top 50?  I'm wondering if he is a sell high.  

1 hour ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

I am also wondering if the stocks are sustainable.  1.8 BLKs doesn't seem sustainable.  I'm not surprised about the rebounds given the minutes, but I'm sure those increase with more play time.  Where do you guys think he finishes this season?  Top 60?  Top 50?  I'm wondering if he is a sell high.  

Who is buying high on Harrell? lol If you can get a legit top 40 guy, go for it but I wouldn't. Other than the slight decrease in BLK and STL, everything else seems sustainable. 

When I say sell high, I mean if Harrell is performing at a top 50 level currently, I would make the offer for someone who has shown that they can finish at a top 60-70 level.  The appeal to that owner would be that if he believed Harrell is going to maintain his current production (top 50) he would in theory "win" that trade.  Whereas for the owner selling high, he mitigates risk of that player regressing, thus selling high.

The question on who is buying is has much to do with which owner thinks Harrell can maintain or exceed his current performance.    

Edited by socal.trades714@yahoo.com

Whilst starting and getting more minutes is generally a good idea.

I don't think it is for Montrezl (I still don't know what to do with that last 'l in his name)

He's an undersized energy/hustle guy who's getting most of his minutes against the 2nd units of other teams.

If you make him a starter, he'll go up against bigger legit NBA front-court.

I like it this way where he's being given chances to finish games if he's really hot. 

• Like 2
On 11/10/2018 at 8:32 PM, wisegeeks said:

Whilst starting and getting more minutes is generally a good idea.

I don't think it is for Montrezl (I still don't know what to do with that last 'l in his name)

He's an undersized energy/hustle guy who's getting most of his minutes against the 2nd units of other teams.

If you make him a starter, he'll go up against bigger legit NBA front-court.

I like it this way where he's being given chances to finish games if he's really hot. 

He's played nearly the entire 4th of this game vs Golden State (vs starters, Durant/Draymond/Klay) and looks amazing. Slipping through after setting picks, finishing well at the rim, getting offensive rebounds and putbacks, very active defensively and blocked some shots in very athletic fashion. While I do agree that him feasting vs 2nd units cant hurt his value, he's also proven to be successful even vs starters. I'm watching it now. He emphatically blocked one of Draymond's layups and shook his head like sorry man, not on my watch. The best way I can phrase it is that he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

• Like 2