NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

pjbyrne707

1 minute ago, Rickydragon said:

It’s just that he was like an rb2 upside guy last week, completely bombed.  And everybody complained.  Now it’s rb 1 territory?  I just get a kick out of it. 

The only reason he bombed is because he was only given 7 carries. We all expected double digit touches. The coaches overused Ekeler, who is now injured. The touches will be there for Jackson this week. 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

It’s just that he was like an rb2 upside guy last week, completely bombed.  And everybody complained.  Now it’s rb 1 territory?  I just get a kick out of it. 

Did he start last week? Was also out touched by Ekeler 17 to 9. I'll take my chances with Jackson getting an extra 8-10 touches to break one versus this defense. 

2 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

At this point, if melvin plays, im not even playing either. Ill stick with Jones. I can see him being active and playing a mediocre first quarter and a half or two. He then gets pulled and jackson gets a half trailing by 13 and sees 6 carries and 6 targets.

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

At this point, if melvin plays, im not even playing either. Ill stick with Jones. I can see him being active and playing a mediocre first quarter and a half or two. He then gets pulled and jackson gets a half trailing by 13 and sees 6 carries and 6 targets.

yea if gordon is active period stay away imo but with the weather i dont see how they risk gordon's knee this is a recipe for DISASTER for their super bowl hopes

3 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Nah I wish you all the best.  I just got a kick out of the hype train starting up again.    He did have 1.7 ypc, that’s not ecklers fault 

but what about the week before? and the week before that? or only want to pull his one bad YPC game to support yourself?

33 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Rb 1 upside for a kid that’s never started before?  This place is a riot lol

So before the season started you would have scoffed at the idea of ranking Barkley top 12 RB for week 1 because he'd never started a game?

For one week I don't need someone to have a proven track record of success.  Great matchup + opportunity is all you need in the NFL for any given week.

11 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

I still think it is a smoke screen, they activated another RB and just want KC to have to consider he might play.  

It does feel like gamesmanship going on. I just don't see how the Chargers risk this without Gordon putting in a full speed practice during the week on a soggy field but you never know. He could look pretty damn convincing in warm ups. 

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I guess for Jackson owners the hope is that it continues to pour in Kansas City and they don't even give Gordon the chance to warm up. 

Does rain help RB's? More touches, but less points all around.

8 minutes ago, brosephd said:

a couples hours till we know if we activate JJ, and a couple hours after that we'll find out if we have a good chance of winning our semi/finals. 

We won't know till warm ups just before the game though, right?

2 hours ago, soccerphysio said:

They utilized MG’s back up in Ekeler, and he’s out for this game.  Using Ekeler almost exclusively last week indicates they prefer to go with one primary back, which should be JJ this week.

Rivers throws 50 times and falls short is how I see it tonight. JJ could benefit from some lil dump offs, I don’t see a lot of carries for him. I hope he gets a couple long TD runs so I can get Mahomes back on the field.

2 minutes ago, lechty11 said:

So in a Non-PPR
My starting options could be Damien Williams, Josh Adams, Doug Martin..... Or I could pick up Justin Jackson as he is still available. Thoughts?

Damien sounds like a winner

Just now, trilly said:

Not sure if serious or trolling with the Rivers 50 passes claim...I'd take the under on that all day.

Not trolling amigo, just don’t think they are going to ride JJ when they have the horses to throw to. Gates is looking like a viable candidate to have some value now without the top 2 rbs. 

4 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Not trolling amigo, just don’t think they are going to ride JJ when they have the horses to throw to. Gates is looking like a viable candidate to have some value now without the top 2 rbs. 

Gates?  He's had 0-2 catches in 11 games this season

Archived