NBC Sports Edge Forums

Justin Jackson 2018 Outlook

pjbyrne707

7 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Not trolling amigo, just don’t think they are going to ride JJ when they have the horses to throw to. Gates is looking like a viable candidate to have some value now without the top 2 rbs. 

So, pretty sure LAC are going to want to control the clock and keep KC off the field.  Not sure why they wouldn’t want to ride whatever RB starts.  You think they want to go back in forth in a track meet meet with KC on the road???

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Not trolling amigo, just don’t think they are going to ride JJ when they have the horses to throw to. Gates is looking like a viable candidate to have some value now without the top 2 rbs. 

The last thing the Chargers want is to get in a shootout with KC. They aren't just going to abandon the run and throw it all over the field.

5 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

The last thing the Chargers want is to get in a shootout with KC. They aren't just going to abandon the run and throw it all over the field.

Yeah Baltimore played an almost perfect game last week against them. I watched the gane and I haven’t looked at the time of possession but I’d imagine Balt won that by a pretty significant margin. I’m thinking SD tries the same thing Balt did and pound the rock against that defense, quite the crowd and dominate the TOP.

1 minute ago, Bob69024 said:

Yeah Baltimore played an almost perfect game last week against them. I watched the gane and I haven’t looked at the time of possession but I’d imagine Balt won that by a pretty significant margin. I’m thinking SD tries the same thing Balt did and pound the rock against that defense, quite the crowd and dominate the TOP.

Great game plan, but easier said than done.

Balt had Lamar Jackson and 2 RB's loaded up...running every single play....even 3rd and 13...lol...

3 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Great game plan, but easier said than done.

Balt had Lamar Jackson and 2 RB's loaded up...running every single play....even 3rd and 13...lol...

Oh no I agree with you, if we’re easy every team would do it, but running in the NFL is so tough. I’m excited to watch the game and see how it unfolds.

30 minutes ago, UMFLADFWM said:

Gates?  He's had 0-2 catches in 11 games this season

Yeah I said it. I stand behind it too, LAC wants to win and cannot win with a 3rd string rb. How can they win? Spread it around to the Williams twins and use Travis Benjamin on some jet sweeps and deep plays with Keenan catching his 12+ targets. 3rd down and red zone Gates should be able to use his large frame to convert some attempts. I can’t see very many rushing attempts tonight. They couldn’t run on Cincy last week at home and I doubt they can in K.C. tonight.

Yeah very hard to trust the skinny rook after his bad game (albeit 7 touches but still pathetic) in such a hostile stadium on the road. 

13 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Yeah I said it. I stand behind it too, LAC wants to win and cannot win with a 3rd string rb. How can they win? Spread it around to the Williams twins and use Travis Benjamin on some jet sweeps and deep plays with Keenan catching his 12+ targets. 3rd down and red zone Gates should be able to use his large frame to convert some attempts. I can’t see very many rushing attempts tonight. They couldn’t run on Cincy last week at home and I doubt they can in K.C. tonight.

even if so (and i can see your hypothesis definitely being legit) are they just gonna scrap the entire RB involvement in the passing game? 

see, in PPR, this kid still retains much value simply because the Bolts are one of (if not THE) most prolific offenses for RBs snagging passes.  can't see this bread and butter gig for them suddenly being shelved. 

the Chiefs can get the eff after the QB ... Phil is a statue, and, as i said earlier, Reid definitely has his number.

dumpoffs/screens to slow them K.C. dawgs down are gonna be a prime weapon tonite.  

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

even if so (and i can see your hypothesis definitely being legit) are they just gonna scrap the entire RB involvement in the passing game? 

see, in PPR, this kid still retains much value simply because the Bolts are one of (if not THE) most prolific offenses for RBs snagging passes.  can't see this bread and butter gig for them suddenly being shelved. 

the Chiefs can get the eff after the QB ... Phil is a statue, and, as i said earlier, Reid definitely has his number.

dumpoffs/screens to slow them K.C. dawgs down are gonna be a prime weapon tonite.  

Most definitely I agree that they will dump it off numerous times to the RB. Phillip might only have time to look at a read or two then need to dump it. I forgot to mention that I also think SD pass catchers will draw a handful of PI calls. Rivers 50+ passes.

6 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Most definitely I agree that they will dump it off numerous times to the RB. Phillip might only have time to look at a read or two then need to dump it. I forgot to mention that I also think SD pass catchers will draw a handful of PI calls. Rivers 50+ passes.

So we're just jumping to bold calls?

I'm seeing a ton of posts regarding the Chargers strategy of not getting into  a "shootout" with KC.  This makes no sense to me on so many levels.

First of all....this is 2019. Teams score lots of points, offenses are better and the rules give offenses an even bigger advantage. The Chargers can score with anyone. This idea that they need to play ball control and bleed the clock is absurd to me.

Lastly, SD isn't the only team missing key offensive players. Not only is KC without Hunt, they won't have Ware and Hill has been hampered with a foot injury. Yes mahomes is awesome and they have Kelce and other weapons but come on now. 

Full disclosure I own both Gordon and Jackson and I think Jackson gets plenty of work whether they are ahead or behind. This constant overthinking and hand wringing over "ball control" and the fearsome KC offense is just stupid.

2 minutes ago, mikemiggs said:

I'm seeing a ton of posts regarding the Chargers strategy of not getting into  a "shootout" with KC.  This makes no sense to me on so many levels.

First of all....this is 2019. Teams score lots of points, offenses are better and the rules give offenses an even bigger advantage. The Chargers can score with anyone. This idea that they need to play ball control and bleed the clock is absurd to me.

Lastly, SD isn't the only team missing key offensive players. Not only is KC without Hunt, they won't have Ware and Hill has been hampered with a foot injury. Yes mahomes is awesome and they have Kelce and other weapons but come on now. 

Full disclosure I own both Gordon and Jackson and I think Jackson gets plenty of work whether they are ahead or behind. This constant overthinking and hand wringing over "ball control" and the fearsome KC offense is just stupid.

Best post up in here

1 minute ago, mikemiggs said:

This isn't an idea that's being thrown out.  They statistically, in 2018, run the 3rd lowest amount of plays in the NFL. So I'd say it's actually more of their weekly game plan than just an idea that people are throwing out there to make a point.

10 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

This isn't an idea that's being thrown out.  They statistically, in 2018, run the 3rd lowest amount of plays in the NFL. So I'd say it's actually more of their weekly game plan than just an idea that people are throwing out there to make a point.

Fair enough but then what exactly is the argument here?

Gordon produced at a great level in spite of the low number of plays. The offense was also good enough to support flex production from Ekeler in most of those games. Now with both of them out, you're telling me the number of plays they're going to run is going to hamper Jackson? Because I think that's the argument here, the worry about Jackson getting enough touches. And I just don't see that as being an issue tonight.

Just now, mikemiggs said:

Fair enough but then what exactly is the argument here?

Gordon produced at a great level in spite of the low number of plays. The offense was also good enough to support flex production from Ekeler in most of those games. Now with both of them out, you're telling me the number of plays they're going to run is going to hamper Jackson? Because I think that's the argument here, the worry about Jackson getting enough touches. And I just don't see that as being an issue tonight.

We're probably arguing the same side then.  I was originally commenting on the guy that said they wouldn't ride Jackson, which I disagree with.  Maybe we differ on how he gets there, but I think Jackson has massive value tonight if Gordon is out.

1 minute ago, FooserX said:
  • The chargers local fan forum are talking about a RBBC with other rb's even without MG3 playing. Want to play JJ, but there's definitely risk here.

That would be uncharacteristic for them this year.  I feel pretty confident with Jackson. Much more so than Williams on the other side

3 minutes ago, FooserX said:
  • The chargers local fan forum are talking about a RBBC with other rb's even without MG3 playing. Want to play JJ, but there's definitely risk here.

I guess its certainly a possibility. But watching Jackson play and seeing Newsome get a few carries a few weeks ago there is a noticeable difference in ability there. And last week with Gordon out it was Ekeler and Jackson...Newsome didn't touch the ball once. Newsome only played late in the Arizona blowout. You're not worried about the guy Pope off the practice squad, are you? I can't imagine he see the field unless Jackson goes down.

Bottom line, I can understand the concern. But logically it seems Jackson will lead this backfield tonight by a large margin. I'm guessing 70% of the touches. 

Archived