NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

•   Barcelona tried to tank Rodions Kurucs' draft stock so he wouldn't go to the NBA. Now he could be the biggest 2018 draft steal. I came across an interesting story ab

Kurucs Hype Train:  

A few takeaways from last night:   First, everyone saw the final play, with Kurucs' tip resulting in a steal (uncredited) to seal the game. But that was far from Kurucs' only defensive trium

Posted Images

Picked him up in dynasty. Bit of a crazy story as he pulled out of the draft as a potential lottery selection then didn't get any run with his team and fell to the 2nd Rd. Looks long, athletic, can shoot and very aggressive. Earning minutes with RHJ out. They can really use a stretch 4 (Dudley is getting minutes at the moment and Carroll is out) and with some experience he can help the nets

Edited by chaiway

Kurucs was a mystery just because the main organization Barcelona wished to keep nba scouts from taking him away. Kurucs and the organization got into an argument and he pretty much lost playing-time. Sean Marks and the Nets noticed this euro prospect and got him in the 2nd round. Heard he was originally supposed to be drafted as late lottery. 

2 hours ago, n.mollov said:

Who would you drop for this guy?

how do you see rest of the season llayingnout for him? Competition for minutes?

He's mostly a 4 with some 3 ability. His main comp is RHJ followed by Carroll (out w ankle surgery) and apparently the ghost of Jared Dudley who's always amazed me with his skill. He's earning minutes and trust... Could carve out a standard rotation role especially as a hustle stretch 4. Probably more next year though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good, with 13/6 so far, including nice passing and a 3pm. He has a feel for the game.

I will add that his height is not listed correctly. He is at least 6' 10". DraftExpress has him at 6'10" and he looks like the same height as Allen. Still growing?

I scooped him on the cheap in multiple leagues, prepared for a bit of a bumpy ride, but I have a feeling that by the all star break he'll be earning more minutes than RHJ and Crabbe.  Everything will get complicated once LeVert gets back, but I think the Nets are more or less done with Russell, RHJ, and to a lesser extent Crabbe.  Hopefully he runs with the opportunity and has a good week here.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, unclebengi said:

I scooped him on the cheap in multiple leagues, prepared for a bit of a bumpy ride, but I have a feeling that by the all star break he'll be earning more minutes than RHJ and Crabbe.  Everything will get complicated once LeVert gets back, but I think the Nets are more or less done with Russell, RHJ, and to a lesser extent Crabbe.  Hopefully he runs with the opportunity and has a good week here.

You're as mad as a cut snake.