NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rodney Mcgruder 2018-2019 Season Outlook

roffie

6 hours ago, rando said:

McGruder this season reminds me of Dinwiddie's story arc last year. Got minutes from injury opportunity. It wasn't meant to last. Kid balled his brains out all season long. With McGruder, if someone is available with top-75 potential and a better pedigree, drop him for a superior upside opportunity. There is no reason to let him go for the flavor of the week just because he doesn't have big-name pedigree and you haven't thought about him much before.

I'm riding this guy into the ground until he stops producing and getting minutes. If someone is dumb and drops a great player then fine I cut bait, but most leagues don't have such stupid managers. My wire is already barren.

I dunno, Dinwiddie was kind of inefficient and wasn't THAT good of a player.

McGruder seems to be doing it all. What I'm wondering is if he's as good as his stats indicate. Miami are full of mediocre players, so if he's playing good defense and is on another level, maybe he keeps ~30 min/game even when JJ/Winslow/Ellington get back.

Edited by LuN

His chemistry with Whiteside kind of makes me think that they stay together in the lineup. McGruder is playing really well and I really hope he keeps the opportunity of 30-34 mpg when they get healthy. All of the Heat guards should watch film and see how he uses Whiteside. 

30 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

Realistically it’s like what can we expect from him when everyone is healthy?

basicallt debating if him or Trevor ariza is better to own

For me it's a matter of ROS outlook, which I think McGruder has an edge. Jackson is the future for Suns, though once Ellington comes back in may get a little crowded

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calebcjy said:

Realistically it’s like what can we expect from him when everyone is healthy?

basicallt debating if him or Trevor ariza is better to own

Ariza sucks for half the year then finishes in the Top 30. Move on at your own peril. McGruder isn't even on the same planet as a fantasy property. You definitely have a worse player to drop.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:05 AM, miasma16 said:

Ariza sucks for half the year then finishes in the Top 30. Move on at your own peril. McGruder isn't even on the same planet as a fantasy property. You definitely have a worse player to drop.

Ariza is getting older and Suns will commit to Josh Jackson by January-February 

Mcgruder >>>> Ariza 

23 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

Ariza is getting older and Suns will commit to Josh Jackson by January-February 

Mcgruder >>>> Ariza 

Ariza will suck for half the year and then go supernova josh Jackson will suck for half the year then suck the other half of the year

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

As far as fantasy, hahahahahahahaha.

And I don't even like Ariza. 

Per yahoo:

Ariza overall ranking 149

Mcgruder overall ranking 24

laugh all you want, but Ariza’s role will diminish as the season goes on.

mcgruder may lose touches, but he’s not in jeopardy of being benched for tanking.  

• Like 1