NBC Sports Edge Forums

Will Barton 20018-2019 Outlook

Okay all, take your bets.

Will Barton has 5 games this week!  He's out for tomorrow, so how many games do you think he plays this week?

I'm going with 2/5 (taking out a B2B for rest).

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Timeline here:  

In a 12 team league. Is he worth a pick-up at this point? What do you guys project ROS?

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, MWon said:

Okay all, take your bets.

Will Barton has 5 games this week!  He's out for tomorrow, so how many games do you think he plays this week?

I'm going with 2/5 (taking out a B2B for rest).

I'm going with 0/5.

He's disappointed me for 12 weeks and I think it will continue like this.

I wish I never drafted him, and I'm sure I will never draft him again.

• Haha 2

The Nuggets' TV station was playing this commercial during the last game for the Clippers game on Thursday and it consisted of nothing but Barton highlights and a picture of him at the end. Seemed odd to me to feature him exclusively when he's still hurt...unless, of course, they know that he'll be coming back that night. Or maybe it's Will Barton bobble head night or something. Who knows. 

But because of that I'll take a shot in the dark and guess that he comes back Thursday against the Clippers. 

• Like 1

Is anybody going to even activate Wil when he’s hasnt played a game in 3 freakin months? I won’t be activating him for at least week if/when he’s back. We are going to see a lot of 15 min of run to begin and should be brought along really slowly. I get the eagerness yo see him back but he won’t be startAble for weeks initially. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, chud12 said:

Is anybody going to even activate Wil when he’s hasnt played a game in 3 freakin months? I won’t be activating him for at least week if/when he’s back. We are going to see a lot of 15 min of run to begin and should be brought along really slowly. I get the eagerness yo see him back but he won’t be startAble for weeks initially. 

I will proceed with Barton the same way i did with Otto. When the report is that he is cleared to play around 27-28 mins, even from the bench, i will use him. Denver are loaded offensive and 20 mins will not be enough for the value, all of us are waiting for, the last 3 months.

From a Nugs beat writer. 

@Harrison Ward 
Doubt he plays on the road trip.

The road trip is short as it’s only two games so that makes him at most play 3 games this week. Honestly atp I don’t think we see Wil for another two weeks. Until we here he finally participated in a full practice he isn’t close in my eyes. Too this point he has only been limited in practice 
3 hours ago, mightyjett said:

Even with  one game this week.. as long as he can play until the end of season with usual stat line.. ill take it👌

I said this in the Harris thread, but the Nuggets as a team may end up hurting each others' values. Not only are there five good starters who have rarely all played together, a lot of bench options have emerged too.  

Someone is going to disappoint, unfortunately. There's only one ball.

3 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Are We Ever Gonna See The Thrill Again?

https://youtu.be/-l0TWWAQ2go

Mike Malone said that Will Barton (hip) continues to make progress and he hopes to have him back within the "next couple of weeks."

The Nuggets are often vague with their timetables, and it's worth noting that Malone essentially gave this same speculative "couple of weeks" timetable back in November. There have been reports of Barton ramping up his workload at recent practices, so he does appear to be moving in a positive direction, but there's really no telling when exactly he'll be back. Just keep him tucked away in your IR-spot.

Just close this thread and open it next season.  No point in posting status updates anymore. It’s yhe biggest tease ever. Dr. Malone has zero idea what he’s talking about. Clearly Barton has had a setback along the way. 

Just now, Boogie Buckets said:

If the Nuggets just weren’t so infuriatingly vague with their injury updates this wouldnt be an issue. 

Players suffer setbacks and don't feel right. It's possible that his body hasn't responded properly and that they are changing the schedule accordingly.  

It sucks as fantasy owners but it's 100% the right approach IRL. Core muscles are vital to everything we do and I am guessing they are worried about reaggravating the issue.

2 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Dude out there celebrating his bday. Hit him up on Instagram and find out when he’s trying to practice haha

lol, I didn't even realize that it was his birthday today, despite taking an hour off of work and even looking up his birthday to write that damn post.

5 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Just close this thread and open it next season.  No point in posting status updates anymore. It’s yhe biggest tease ever. Dr. Malone has zero idea what he’s talking about. Clearly Barton has had a setback along the way. 

Dr Malone.  Seriously.  I'd rather have owned John Wall, dropped him, and been able to stream instead of holding Barton.  I guess if you've got your IL spot free, it's a non-issue, but if you're like me and holding guys like CP3 and DMC alongside Barton for half the season, these fake hopeful updates by Malone are more detrimental than helpful. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MWon said:

lol, I didn't even realize that it was his birthday today, despite taking an hour off of work and even looking up his birthday to write that damn post.

Dr Malone.  Seriously.  I'd rather have owned John Wall, dropped him, and been able to stream instead of holding Barton.  I guess if you've got your IL spot free, it's a non-issue, but if you're like me and holding guys like CP3 and DMC alongside Barton for half the season, these fake hopeful updates by Malone are more detrimental than helpful. 

Somewhat similar boat here, trying not to get frustrated holding him in my IR, but also want to stash levert but can't because Roco went down and just traded for Mirotic. lol