NBC Sports Edge Forums

SNF/MNF - What do you need?

Ffguy0087

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not necessarily a what do I need post but an interesting strategy for picking up free agents without burning a waiver wire spot or having to wait your turn on Sunday Nights/Monday Nights. If you are targeting a player playing on Monday or looking to add someone on their bye week, the default yahoo leagues allow you to drop a player and add them as a free agent. Particularly useful to wait out all the Sunday games and add someone before the Waiver Wire bum rush. I did this for Will Lutz coming off his bye. Also did that this week for someone who dropped Engram by swapping out Engram for Njoku after his underwhelming performance.

EDIT: Always worth checking which players are on bye. In yahoo league, you can filter by all players who are FA to preemptively grab them before the waiver period begins. 

5 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Not necessarily a what do I need post but an interesting strategy for picking up free agents without burning a waiver wire spot or having to wait your turn on Sunday Nights/Monday Nights. If you are targeting a player playing on Monday or looking to add someone on their bye week, the default yahoo leagues allow you to drop a player and add them as a free agent. Particularly useful to wait out all the Sunday games and add someone before the Waiver Wire bum rush. I did this for Will Lutz coming off his bye. Also did that this week for someone who dropped Engram by swapping out Engram for Njoku after his underwhelming performance.

EDIT: Always worth checking which players are on bye. In yahoo league, you can filter by all players who are FA to preemptively grab them before the waiver period begins. 

Is this for all Yahoo leagues?  I don't play in one, but that's a clever tactic.

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Is this for all Yahoo leagues?  I don't play in one, but that's a clever tactic.

I found the setting for this after a little bit of digging:

Weekly waivers place all unclaimed players on waivers at the beginning of each week. There are 3 start times to choose from, but each type has the same end time. Waivers end after 11:59 p.m. PT Tuesday, allowing remaining players to be added by the 1st manager to claim them.

1) Game Time - Tuesday (default rule) - Unclaimed players are placed on waivers as soon as their 1st game of the week begins. If they don't have a game that week, they're placed on waivers at 5:30 p.m. PT Monday.

2) First Game of the Week - Tuesday - All unclaimed players are placed on waivers at the scheduled start time of the 1st game of the week.

3) Sunday - Tuesday - All unclaimed players are placed on waivers at 10:00 a.m. PT Sunday.

50 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Come to think of it, I need Kittle to get less than 16 points in .5 PPR so that the tied for first place team losses and gives me a greater chance. Giants D needs to step up.

Same but 18 in standard lol

• 3 weeks later...

Archived