NBC Sports Edge Forums

2018-19 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. If he leaves, he's a snake, traitor, ring-chaser, etc. If he stays, he's 'soft'.    

Close,  they're 2x dumber

Apologies if anyone already posted this but...    

Posted Images

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

"While Nats owner Mark Lerner, in saying they’re “moving on,” left door open “a crack,” father Ted is a wild card and Nats people would prefer Harper go anywhere but Philly, it feels now like SF, SD and maybe even the dreaded mystery team r bigger threats to favored Phils."

9:58 PM · Feb 22, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Heyman is just terrible at this point. This tweet hardly even makes sense.

43 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

"While Nats owner Mark Lerner, in saying they’re “moving on,” left door open “a crack,” father Ted is a wild card and Nats people would prefer Harper go anywhere but Philly, it feels now like SF, SD and maybe even the dreaded mystery team r bigger threats to favored Phils."

9:58 PM · Feb 22, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

Heyman is just terrible at this point. This tweet hardly even makes sense.

I mean have you read the replies? He's Stephen A. Smith Comical...

"You make no sense. Throw enough takes at the wall and one will eventually stick you Boras robot!"

"Huh?"

"You are :Dumpster Fire Meme:"

"You forget to change your PW again?"
"He literally can't help himself"

"Jon, you're one of my favorite baseball guys, but these last two weeks, you've become more of a cartoon character than CNN political analysts. Weak, man. Weak. We get it, Boras has made this intolerable, but why keep yammering before we have the answer?" -- This one Heyman actually replied to "Thanks for the kind words." 

"This makes zero sense." 

"Your tweets confuse me more than anything else I have ever experienced in my life." 

"When did this turn into a parody account?"

And I'm not being very selective. They're all like that. 

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, taobball said:

I mean have you read the replies? He's Stephen A. Smith Comical...

"You make no sense. Throw enough takes at the wall and one will eventually stick you Boras robot!"

"Huh?"

"You are :Dumpster Fire Meme:"

"You forget to change your PW again?"
"He literally can't help himself"

"Jon, you're one of my favorite baseball guys, but these last two weeks, you've become more of a cartoon character than CNN political analysts. Weak, man. Weak. We get it, Boras has made this intolerable, but why keep yammering before we have the answer?" -- This one Heyman actually replied to "Thanks for the kind words." 

"This makes zero sense." 

"Your tweets confuse me more than anything else I have ever experienced in my life." 

"When did this turn into a parody account?"

And I'm not being very selective. They're all like that. 

And frankly, they should be.

• Like 1

The role Jose Martinez plays is irrelevant to the contract. It's about a 3 Million evaluation? I believe it covers this year and next? Martinez was already making minimum this year, and presumably being in line for Arbitration next year, all this does is guarantee that Martinez gets any payday in his career, and for the Cardinals shouldn't really impact his situation much at all. It's 3 Mill in sunk cost at worst, and it doesn't effect his tradability at all. If anything, if he goes to the AL and breaks out further, he'll avoid that first bigger arbitration payday. 

I mean it's a small small small contract for a player that was under team control who will still be under team control after the contract most likely unless they signed different terms. It's not a deal in interpreting playing time. At all. 

• Like 2

Anyone have any Harper rumors/tweets/fake-sources etc. ? 

Harper is the only thing standing in my way of starting my baseball 2019 season (fantasy and real). 

I want him on my Padres :D, but admittedly that is a long-shot, but it seems like he is Philly-bound but why in the world would it be taking this long then? I feel he doesn't want anything to do with Philly and he is just waiting for SD to come up with an equal or comparable offer to pry him away. God, this s--- has to end. 

Yeah, I've heard the latest that Middleton and Boras met in Las Vegas last night. It sure seems like the Padres stuff was a ploy by Boras to "up" the Harper market because it just doesn't make much sense for my Pad's to be in on Harper. 

On the other hand, if Harper doesn't want to be in Philly, it starts to make a lot of sense for the Pads to try something and nab Harper around the 330 mark. 

The only real market for Harper is the Phillies, that can't be a good negotiating tool for Boras/Harper. To make it worse, it's as if Harper doesn't want to be in Philly/East coast. 

I cannot f***ing believe the White Sox are out on Harper... but such is life. Giants never really had a chance with that squad and situation. I knew nationals were out months ago based on their financial constraints. 

I just hope he signs tonight with a team after the games get played today and the dust settles. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Huh, wasn't expecting that.  Especially after they got Goldschmidt.

9 hours ago, jb_power said:

I googled Designated Hitter and a pic ofJose Martinez came up 

could STL be ahead of the DH coming to the NL announcement?

Had to do with keeping him on the team. He was getting big offers to play in Japan.

While it’s been mentioned here and elsewhere that Philly may not be Harper’s favorite city (he loves big stage so NYY, Bos, Cubs would be among top choices had they been in) but in current field Philly the city is no detriment; he likes the Northeast and sports-crazed atmosphere
8:34 PM · Feb 23, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
  • Like 1