NBC Sports Edge Forums

Franmil Reyes 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

Too bad that OF is so crowded and SD plays in the DH-less NL.

Yeah, because his stats suggest that there's a ton of bad luck involved, so things would likely improve in time if was to get regular playing time.  Even starting a couple of games here and there, they likely would, but he needs regular playing time for any of it to really matter.  Sadly, all of their OFs deserve to play right now even if Reyes is far more exciting than Manuel Margot.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I seem to have stumbled into the Baseball Parks thread.  I'll see my way out and look for the Franmil thread.

Will he end the year with more homers than RBI's?

What's with all the hype around this guy? He his ranked over 500 on Yahoo 

Posted Images

Shout out to Franmil’s mom for running baseball savant and inflating his batted ball stats to give him the confidence to start hitting dingers again. 

Couldnt do it without you mom!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
7 hours ago, KrunK said:

Shout out to Franmil’s mom for running baseball savant and inflating his batted ball stats to give him the confidence to start hitting dingers again. 

Couldnt do it without you mom!

Don’cha worry we all know how you feel about Franny, it has been documented. The overall picture Franny has played like s--- these first two weeks of the season. Ranked at #183 in ESPN player rater. His number is -29. 

14 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Don’cha worry we all know how you feel about Franny, it has been documented. The overall picture Franny has played like s--- these first two weeks of the season. Ranked at #183 in ESPN player rater. His number is -29. 

The signs of life are there. He's 5 for his last 16 with 3 HRs. Two encouraging signs to me are that his slashing of his K-rate following his second call-up last season has stuck. Only 7 Ks in 38 ABs is nice to see, as are the 5 BBs. I feel pretty good about him fully turning things around and having a nice season. 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

The signs of life are there. He's 5 for his last 16 with 3 HRs. Two encouraging signs to me are that his slashing of his K-rate following his second call-up last season has stuck. Only 7 Ks in 38 ABs is nice to see, as are the 5 BBs. I feel pretty good about him fully turning things around and having a nice season. 

You are correct. 

4 hours ago, Kramjam24 said:

Don’t judge a player solely on his ranking. The underlying numbers show that Reyes is a victim of bad luck thus far. He has a high average exit velocity or balls put into play. Yahoo states it’s 94.9mph. The exit velocity is a good indicator that the hits will come. The power he possesses is legit as shown in the last week. The only problem I have with Reyes is the crowded OF. SD has too many OF options which worries me that there will be continued rotation. 

4 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

his avg up to 222 and OPS to 794

after starting 1-16 thats not shabby

also Renfroe has fallen off a cliff

time to grab if you havent

yep, he's been gradually improving. the lower k-rate being a real thing is definitely nice

From FantasyPros:

#1 Franmil Reyes is destroying the ball
There has not been any hitter more unlucky so far than Reyes and it isn’t especially close. Reyes is batting just .176/.268/.412 and it was even worse just two days ago. Batted ball data from Statcast indicates, however, that he should be hitting .349/.441/.783 (IE: Mike Trout-like). That -194 difference between his wOBA and xWOBA is the larger than the difference between Barry Bonds’ career and Delino DeShields. The Padres are fortunately analytically driven and have thus recognized this so Reyes is batting fifth for them and playing every day. He is owned in just 21% of leagues right now and should be the top pickup of the week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:39 AM, Kramjam24 said:

Read any page in this thread and you'll figure out why people are high on him.  

Oh baby. Picked up in one league this morning and have a claim in on him in another. I was high on him in the preseason but had to drop cause of the playing time and had so many injuries. I’m still a bit concerned about playing time but he’s been in there the past 5 days. If he plays 6 days a week, he’s well worth it.